LUD on Approved I-140

Reddygaru
yes you can use this opportunity to get your I-485 Fp done too. When I went for my infopass, the IO told me that I could also get my I-485 FP done when I go for I-765 appointment *IF* I took the I-485 receipt notice and my previous FP notice.
So use the opportunity to the fullest
Update us after you are done with your FP

Hi akilhere, thanks for the info, is it possible for me to go and give the early FP and do you have any idea that we can give the walkin FP's.

I just saw that another of my previous I-131 (approved in 2005) got an LUD on 7/14/07. What does this mean?

I received my 3rd FP notice last Thursday after I-140/I-131 got LUDs on 7/7/07.

I got an LUD on my H1B application that was submitted in 2005...its all very confusing.
I think they are archiving old applications and hence this LUD chanegs..I don't think it has anything to do with out FP notices

I thought LUDs are changed when there an action taken on the application. Since all these applications are already approved, I don't know what they are performing on them. Also, why not other applications why just 140 and 131... very confusing....

Guys,

Lets keep this thread alive and update if someone reveives FP or approvals. At least we will know what to expect and how to respond....

Thanks!

I usually don't try to analyze the exact reason behind LUD changes. It is obvious if they were changed after a FP. In all other instances I take it as, oh..they are working on my case. Also, so many times LUD's are changed on the other applications even if the only thing that is pending is 485. This is not the first time LUD on my approved 140 has changed.

Also, because of some bad IT practices at USCIS, I've noticed that LUD changes are so random. Sometimes there are no LUD's but the you'll see something in the mail. Sometimes they update all the cases...approved or otherwise to the same LUD. Sometimes like in our case here...the LUD's are on unrelated cases. Bottom line is that not all the IOs' user behaviour toward the Immigration software application is not the same. OR Their Database batch programs are messed up.

All the trouble I went thru trying to post the above meaningless garbage was to keep this post on the first page :) Please excuse my rants.

I got an LUD on my H1B application that was submitted in 2005...its all very confusing.
I think they are archiving old applications and hence this LUD chanegs..I don't think it has anything to do with out FP notices

Same here.. dont know what is cooking.

I have had lud's on my approved I-140 (2005) and AP's on July 14, 2007. My FP is current but I don't know about the NC issue.

In the same Titanic Boat of USCIS

LUD change on Approved I-140 on July 14, 2007.

Hopefully something good.

Vibrant,

Could you please post your case details....so we can deduce something :) Purely for fun..... because whatever we come up with, we all know, USCIS is gonna defy any logical conclusion we come up with.

Here is the story I got from IO regarding LUD on 140 & 131

Generally, I had talked to IOs several time in past month who won't disclose anything and hang up in couple of minutes.

Today, I talked to a very friendly IO who spent almost 20 minutes with me on phone (Well, she was friendly since she has a very close friend having the same last name as me & she also asked me if I am related to her). First she started with me by receipt number but she could not get much info in the primary database. Then she mentioned about logging into different database with my alien number and she confirmed that I had FPs on 06/27/07, LUD on 06/27/07 & 06/28/07 for sending the Prints from ASC to TSC database but the results from FBI were uploaded on 07/05/07 due to back up on FBI side.

Now, here is the real story since I told her that there was LUD on 06/30/07 on 485 & 07/07/07 for 140 & first 131, she asked for receipt numbers of 140. After looking into another database, she mentioned that my immigration petition was moved to staging area by Junior IO (who can not make decision on application but merely working on to assign the visa numbers) since at that time the application was not approvable due to expired security checks (FPs) they put a note to review when visa number is available.

From all the posts in this thread, I have not seen single person who had a LUD on 07/07/07 on 140 and had valid Security checks (FPs and Name checks) as of 06/30/07 (keep in mind, FP date does not matter, the date FBI uploads the results to USCIS is the real date, as it was in my case). So, looks like she was making sense in what she was saying.

She also mentioned that USCIS has returned some visas in the month of July and if I am lucky, then they can request the visa before October to assign to the application.

So, we have to keep our fingers crossed and it looks like our applications did not get the visa number and we have to hope for some miracle to be approved before October.

"Now, here is the real story since I told her that there was LUD on 06/30/07 on 485 & 07/07/07 for 140 & first 131, she asked for receipt numbers of 140. After looking into another database, she mentioned that my immigration petition was moved to staging area by Junior IO (who can not make decision on application but merely working on to assign the visa numbers) since at that time the application was not approvable due to expired security checks (FPs) they put a note to review when visa number is available. "

Hi,

Thank you for your post. But I still did not get the idea of LUD on 140 and 131? The 140 and 131 were approved long time ago right? So the junior IO are moving the approved 140 and 131 to the staging area basically to "store them and not tcouh again", Is it right? Thank you.

Now, here is the real story since I told her that there was LUD on 06/30/07 on 485 & 07/07/07 for 140 & first 131, she asked for receipt numbers of 140. After looking into another database, she mentioned that my immigration petition was moved to staging area by Junior IO (who can not make decision on application but merely working on to assign the visa numbers) since at that time the application was not approvable due to expired security checks (FPs) they put a note to review when visa number is available.

Thanks for your effort and information.

When I read the first half of your post, it gave me an impression that the Junior IO's responsibility was to assign a visa# to each of the pending cases. You did not mention if these cases were indeed assigned visa numbers. Are these cases assigned visa#'s but were waiting for the security clearances? I don't know how these cases can be any different from the already approved ones we've seen in July. Our cases are pending for a while now and we had multiple FP's done. Unless our Namechecks results are stuck and never ever returned by FBI in two, three or four years(Looking at some of the Notice dates) I don't see how our security clearance status are unique for us.