LUD change and approval theory

MD_Rockville

Registered Users (C)
Guys I have seen lot of cases where LUD changes for two days lets say 11/01 and 11/02 and then approval is posted after 15-20 days. In one of the post I have come to know that 485 is actually approved and it takes those many days to dispatch the approval notice ( think of a file approved from officer but mail and other systems takes 10-20 days to post the info ).

Look at the cases approved today. Their LUD changed on 11/01, 11/02 and 11/03, 11/04 :cool: Thoughts ?

This however is in line with my first theory that if there is LUD change once or twice after case resume message then 90% chances are that you will get approval in < 7 days or around 10th, 20th 30th days ( current USCIS pattern only )

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine only changed three time during AOS.

I-485 ND: May 2003.

First LUD: FP Notice (Feb 2004)
Second LUD: FP Recieved, Name Check pending (Aug 2004)
Third LUD: Approved (Oct 2004)

Not for my case ....

Mine and My Wife's LUD Changed 5 times in August
(3 consecutive days)

But No Approval Yet for any one of us. May be my case is counter example for the theory.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

MD_Rockville said:
Guys I have seen lot of cases where LUD changes for two days lets say 11/01 and 11/02 and then approval is posted after 15-20 days. In one of the post I have come to know that 485 is actually approved and it takes those many days to dispatch the approval notice ( think of a file approved from officer but mail and other systems takes 10-20 days to post the info ).

Look at the cases approved today. Their LUD changed on 11/01, 11/02 and 11/03, 11/04 :cool: Thoughts ?

This however is in line with my first theory that if there is LUD change once or twice after case resume message then you will get approval in < 7 days or around 10th, 20th 30th days ( current USCIS pattern only )
It does not have to be approval after 15-20 days. It could be RFE too.

Once my lawyer told me that, once they are done with the process, the put a request to print approval/RFE letter and this process may take 1 week to 3 weeks for i-140 and 1 week to 6 weeks for 485.

As far as approval theory's concern, I might be completly wrong here but looking at approvals/RFE and lloking at immigrationwatch and other places, I feel that.

for most of the case where FP is done on and after aug 2004, cases are taking around 90 days to get approved or RFE, there have been few cases where it took longer too, but I have this funny feeling that they are processing cases based on avilibilty of FPs and not based on ND.

Any agreeement/disagreement?

Chubber Singh said:
Once my lawyer told me that, once they are done with the process, the put a request to print approval/RFE letter and this process may take 1 week to 3 weeks for i-140 and 1 week to 6 weeks for 485.

As far as approval theory's concern, I might be completly wrong here but looking at approvals/RFE and lloking at immigrationwatch and other places, I feel that.

for most of the case where FP is done on and after aug 2004, cases are taking around 90 days to get approved or RFE, there have been few cases where it took longer too, but I have this funny feeling that they are processing cases based on avilibilty of FPs and not based on ND.

Any agreeement/disagreement?
I agree with you on the observation that cases are being processed based on FPs and not ND.

Chubber Singh said:
Once my lawyer told me that, once they are done with the process, the put a request to print approval RFE letter and this process may take 1 week to 3 weeks for i-140 and 1 week to 6 weeks for 485.
this is what I am trying to say. Of course I am talking about recent trend, therefore establishing a correlation with FP is easy as well. USCIS already stopped sending FP soon after 485 ND and now those are being mailed only when they are "ready 2 approve"

MD_Rockville said:
this is what I am trying to say. Of course I am talking about recent trend, therefore establishing a correlation with FP is easy as well. USCIS already stopped sending FP soon after 485 ND and now those are being mailed only when they are "ready 2 approve"

MD, sorry if I got you wrong here, bute are you saying that they have stopped sending FPs now?

My LUD changed on 11/22/04 - "received FP". Yesterday the date changed again, 11/23/04 w/o any message change.
I'm all freaked out.

Chubber Singh said:
MD, sorry if I got you wrong here, but are you saying that they have stopped sending FPs now?
No No. They were sending FP very fast till March 2004 then they stopped and started sending in Aug last week ( this is also posted in various bulletins, and they are doing this to avoid FP2 as well ) Fact is now if you receive FP1 then your approval / RFE / transfer is < 3 months away. This was not the case one year back. USCIS now sends the FP1 only when all "external" checks have been completed.

LUD changed today (Nov 24) for all 3 of us (me, spouse, child) without message change...should I get excited??? I already am....!!!

usnycus said:
Mine only changed three time during AOS.

I-485 ND: May 2003.

First LUD: FP Notice (Feb 2004)
Second LUD: FP Recieved, Name Check pending (Aug 2004)
Third LUD: Approved (Oct 2004)

What is a name check? Which agency does it?

thx

Nothing happened so far

MY I485 RD is OCT 22, 2003. My LUD changed on 11/4 with no message change. MY FP was done and case resumed on sept 9, 2004. And my name check is also completed on Nov 2003...

So far there is no activity on my file after 11/4/2004 LUD change... I dont know whether LUD theory will hold good for me or not

HaveMercy said:
MY I485 RD is OCT 22, 2003. My LUD changed on 11/4 with no message change. MY FP was done and case resumed on sept 9, 2004. And my name check is also completed on Nov 2003...

So far there is no activity on my file after 11/4/2004 LUD change... I dont know whether LUD theory will hold good for me or not

How does one know if name check is complete??

Mine should be close per theory!

Per MD_Rockville theory and other post , mine should be around the corner. Mine has LUD of 10/27 & 10/28 (mine never changed for FP but wife's case LUD changed earlier 10/7 for FP received).

It will be about a month next week so let us see what happens and when they approve . I am now within 7 days of 20th day range. will keep you posted .

thanks for sharing and updating the thread.