Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

I've just setup an infopass. Lets see how it goes. thanks akabeware for the info

No problem, I see you already made an appointment, that's good, from reading your previous posts, why they had you mail in your driver's license? I thought you should present all your paperworks in your interview?
Can you explain what's going on with your case?
Anyways, infopass should answer all your questions.

Let us know how'd it go.

No problem, I see you already made an appointment, that's good, from reading your previous posts, why they had you mail in your driver's license? I thought you should present all your paperworks in your interview?

Let us know how'd it go.

In short me n my wife moved to CA about 2 years back from NJ. About 6 months back she was pulled over by a cop and he gave her two tickets. 1. Speeding. 2. Driving with an out of state license which could be dismissed if she changed to CA. So she went ahead and changed. I didn't.
During my interview, the Interviewer asked for my Id. I presented my NJ license and he seemed very concerned and said that its such a big issue that I didn't change my DL. However he completed the interview and said, he could not approve my case as I would have to submit my CA license for them to move forward.
I asked him that if I were to submit the CA license would all be ok. He said there should not be any more problems. I went over to DMV and gave my written test and immediately overnight my CA temp license to them with a note. Few days later I resent using USPS as FedEx didn't deliver to P.O.Box and changed the address to what they have in their Db. In about 10 days later I sent them another overnight USPS with my Physical CA DL. Haven't heard back since, if they have received it or anything.

My wife has completed her oath and should be receiving her passport any day. I was hoping to see the oath letter come through but hasn't so far. I've setup an infopass appointment. Lets see how it goes.

still waiting

Had interview on 9/13 at Santa Ana office along with my wife. Both got approved but i have not received the oath letter. She took oath last month at LACC. Any one else from Santa Ana waiting from september 1st half of the month can Post here.

Here's my experience,

My interview on 6/16/10 went without any problem, IO just told me to wait for my OL in the mail, two months later still no OL, so on Aug. 31st, i had an infopass appointment, IO just told me, its approved, just to wait for it in the mail...

So 90 days passed but still no OL, called the 1-800 customer service, i opened a service request on my case, 10 days later, got a mail from LA DO, "were still processing your case" or something like that.

Then, on Wednesday 11/3/10,(more than 120 days have passed since my interview) went to downtown LA again... inquired about my case, IO sent me upstairs to room 6024, waited like 2 hours...
Anyways, Officer just told me that my paperwork got mis-routed(misplaced) or something, that she is going to personally hand it to the person that schedules the Oath taking ceremony, "Sorry for the inconvenience" asked her when will i receive my letter, but she can't tell me...i was pissed but i just stayed cool =(

Anyways, checked my mailbox today, then bam! i finally got my OL after more than 4 months. =)

So my advice to those people that are waiting for their letter, check this thread for normal processing time in your respective DO's and compare.

If you feel like it's outside the processing time, schedule an infopass right away! chances are its just sitting on someone else's desk,

And don't take the " just wait for it in the mail" answer, it seems like they dont want to help you, until 120 days is over.

Just tell them what happened to me or something, good luck !

P.s.
Im taking my Oath on Nov 17th at Pomona Fairplex, see some of you guys there !

Oh my God , dude , you've been waiting for quite long. i'd rather kill myself if i was in a same situation.
anway congrats. after all you've got what you should have got at least 2 months ago.

cheers

Let us know how'd it go.

How does infopass work. When I reach the building, will they tell me that is has not been 90 days so come back then? I'll take copies of my lease papers to validate the 90 day residency in the State. I think they might be waiting for 3 months to validate the 90 day rule.

Folks:

I am going downtown L.A. for interview. If anyone has experience with that government location, please let me know your experience and especially where to park during early morning hours. Thank you

still waiting

Went To Santa Ana with infopass. They printed me a letter to take oath on 17 th at Fairplex Pomona. It seems my letter was lost in the mail. Only if they update the case status things will run much better. Oh Well..Why complain. INS is INS ...never change .

My process is officially over.

Hi everyone. I want to thank everyone in this thread for such an informative vehicle for those of us going through the naturalization process. I am happy to say that I received my US passport today and am extremely happy. I did not pay for expedite service and receive my passport in less than two weeks (I did pay for overnight delivery for delivery of my passport). Below is my entire timeline. Thanks everyone again.

Priority Date: 05/27/2010
Biometrics date: 6/15/10
ID: 09/10/2010 (Recommended for approval)
OL: 10/16/2010
Oath: 10/27/2010 LACC
USC: 10/27/10
Applied for Passport: 11/4/2010
Received passport: 11/13/2010

hey, i have a question for those of you who will come to pomona Oath Ceremony on NOv 17th:

What documents you will bring? Green card only or with all the documents you brought to interview?

I received an interview letter and it says "Please come to: East Los Angeles, 1241 South Soto Street, Plaza Del Sol, Los Angeles". This is the field support office instead of the field office in downtown LA. Did anyone have interview in East Los Angeles? Could you please share your experience? Thanks.

I received an interview letter and it says "Please come to: East Los Angeles, 1241 South Soto Street, Plaza Del Sol, Los Angeles". This is the field support office instead of the field office in downtown LA. Did anyone have interview in East Los Angeles? Could you please share your experience? Thanks.

does it say on the letter that it's gonna be an interview? i was thinking maybe a repeat FP.

does it say on the letter that it's gonna be an interview? i was thinking maybe a repeat FP.

Yes it is an interview letter. It says "You are hereby notified to appear for an interview on your Application for Naturalization at the date, time and place indicated above". The address is east LA, not downtown LA. I tried to read through the old post from this thread, it seems a couple of folks also interviewed there. But majority interviewed at downtown LA.

Just sent my N-400 package to the Phoenix lock box today. Any idea what the approximate processing time is for this center? Also, can any body shed some light on how to get notified electronically on your N-400 status from USCIS? Thanks and will keep yo'all posted.

Just to share my timeline:

8/31/10 n400 application mailed
9/07/10 check cleared
9/10/10 receipt received
9/29/10 fingerprint done
12/07/10 interview
????? Oath letter
????? Oath date

Last edited by a moderator: