Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Dear All,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUGGESTION DURING MY WORRY PERIOD.
I GOT MY OATH LETTER TODAY!!!YEAH!!!!
SEE YOU FOLKS AT JAN 19, 2011. IT'S Fairplex POMONA.
THANK ALL & GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

DO - San Bernardino
09/10/2010 - N-400 Sent to phoenix, AZ
09/13/10 - N-400 Rcvd
09/13/10 - Acceptance Confirmation Email
09/13/10 - NOA Rcvd
09/23/10 - Received Fingerprint Appointment
10/07/10 - FP done
10/16/10 - Interview Letter
11/19/10 - Interview Date - Passed
Waiting for OL

trackn400, welcome to the wait, someone here with the interview at the SB office on 11/17/10, got the OL a few days ago, so you should be very soon.

Ok Starting this Adventure

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/7/2011 - Anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting

Ok Starting this Adventure

1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/7/2011 - Anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting

Good luck. My word of advice to you is be patient. The worst part about the entire process is the wait.

It looks that it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months after the interview to receive the oath letter. Does anyone know why there is such kind of big difference? Does it depend on the country of origin?

It looks that it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months after the interview to receive the oath letter. Does anyone know why there is such kind of big difference? Does it depend on the country of origin?

It has nothing to do with the country of origin honestly unless its like saudi arabia or afgan or something like that where they do more investigating...because of the whole terrorist attacks...other than that its just where u applied LA DO is packed unlike Santa ana or other places

Yes, I think Dr. Sarah is correct, it depends on the DO that your interview was at and the posted times for the San Bernardino office are 60 - 90 days, unlike Santa Ana and LA at 30 - 60 days, so SB will be slower than the others. All the Oaths are scheduled by LA, why SB would be slower than Santa Ana, maybe its the way that the files are transfered or something like that. SB is slower once you get to the OL.

Yes, I think Dr. Sarah is correct, it depends on the DO that your interview was at and the posted times for the San Bernardino office are 60 - 90 days, unlike Santa Ana and LA at 30 - 60 days, so SB will be slower than the others. All the Oaths are scheduled by LA, why SB would be slower than Santa Ana, maybe its the way that the files are transfered or something like that. SB is slower once you get to the OL.

Thank you. Where do you guys get the data about 60-90 days and 30-60 days?

THis was posted in 2009, times maybe a bit less now, but San Bernardino is usually longer than the others.

17th August 2009 09:23 PM #39 pawthut

Oath waiting time
questions answered by USCIS LA DO on Oath waiting time for San Bernardino residents. signed and released by LA D.O director Arellano.

What are the current processing times between the date of passing the
preliminary interview and the oath ceremony at the following Field Offices?
Los Angeles 30 - 60 days
Santa Ana - 30 - 60 days
San Bernardino 60 - 90 days
What are the current processing times for an N-336 at the following Field
Offices? .
LosAngeles 60- 90 days
Santa Ana - 30 - 60 days
San Bernardino 90 days

Congratulations to everyone that got the oath letter for Jan 19th in Pomona, anyone get a letter yet for the next LA area oath in Montebello on Feb 11th.

I have been told in Jan too. I know it's not tool late now at all, but was planning a trip outside the US and was counting on my passport!
Thanks anyway!

Oh How did you get a confirmation email ?? How can you arrange electronic communication with immigration ??

you can sign up on the USCIS website for notifications if you have a tracking number, this only works up until the interview, after that you do not get any messages.

I've already submitted the N400- does anyone know if i can subsequently submit a G-1145 to be notified by SMS and Email ??

don't do the G-1145 now, just sign up on the USCIS website, you should find the sign up page on there, option for both sms and email, as people have mentioned after the interview letter and the file being transfered to the local DO, you will not get any more sms or email for the oath date.

to sign up on the website, you do have to have the case number already, so you will have to wait for the first letter if you don't have it already.

1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) recieved
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - still in initial review.. waiting for the next letter/sms/ or email...