Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

That's one drawback of applying for Passport right there..

I didn't get a copy, and they take the certificate right away. In a way they take your Green Card, your Nat. Certificate and you are left with nothing..

Hope they don't screw up ..Risky in that sense.

I would recommend you make a copy and apply from your local post office the next day or so..

I didn't realize they did this till I was half way through the line - waste of half an hour.

I have been reading threads on how to sign your certificate and they say sign the same as the signature on the photo, my photo hasn't been signed? Does anyone else who went to the LA office have the same problem?

Applied N-400 May 26th 2010
Interview Sep 7th 2010
Naturalization Ceremony Oct 27th 2010

I didn't realize they did this till I was half way through the line - waste of half an hour.

I have been reading threads on how to sign your certificate and they say sign the same as the signature on the photo, my photo hasn't been signed? Does anyone else who went to the LA office have the same problem?

Applied N-400 May 26th 2010
Interview Sep 7th 2010
Naturalization Ceremony Oct 27th 2010

When I got home I signed my certificate using my regular signature (the one I sign everything else). I also do not have a signature on my photo. I read those posts too and started to worry I signed my certificate wrongly. But after reading more posts, it sounds like it is not going to be an issue. I hope hot.

I am going to apply for my passport tomorrow!

Nat. Certificate Signature

It says full signature, as any signature is meant to be signed with full name in usual course. In my view, full signature also means no short signatures or initials.

I signed my nat. certificate the regular way as I would sign my checks. This is the only way it matches all my previous signatures.

Hi everyone,

My friend passed the interview on Oct 25, 2010, and she is waiting for her oath letter. Do you think she will be scheduled for the coming oath ceremony on Nov 17 at Fairplex or Dec 2 at U.S.D.C. (L.A.)? Since we are leaving US for vacation on Dec 16.

Thanks!

Matthewyip.. please let us know when you get the oath letter. I've been checking my mail daily. For Oct 25th it is possible she would get it at Nov 17th. I don't think any one has started receiving their oath letters for Nov 17th Yet. They trickle in about 10 days before the Oath.

I think it's very possible since i passed the interview on the same day with your friend and got the OL for NOV 17 @ Pomona Fairplex

Its been over 30 days since i've mailed in my papers. Is there a way to find out my status. I tried calling USCIS and they advised me to wait 60-90 days before inquiring. Would an infopass appointment help? Can someone help / advise please.

I start getting nervous now because if my friend can't get scheduled for Nov 17...then she has to wait for the December or later...Since I saw the Dec oath was on Dec 16...same day as we leave US for vacation (My flight departs at 10:xxPM)...I don't want to take the risk to get the same day passport after the oath if she gets the Dec 16 oath...I hope the OL will arrive in the coming few days...

That's almost a month after my interview, however they wanted me to mail in my California license. It seems like my file is sitting on someone's desk. I'll have to wait 60 days before I can have an inquiry. :(

If you're concerned that it's taking forever to receive Oath Letter, you should be!

Here's my experience,

My interview on 6/16/10 went without any problem, IO just told me to wait for my OL in the mail, two months later still no OL, so on Aug. 31st, i had an infopass appointment, IO just told me, its approved, just to wait for it in the mail...

So 90 days passed but still no OL, called the 1-800 customer service, i opened a service request on my case, 10 days later, got a mail from LA DO, "were still processing your case" or something like that.

Then, on Wednesday 11/3/10,(more than 120 days have passed since my interview) went to downtown LA again... inquired about my case, IO sent me upstairs to room 6024, waited like 2 hours...
Anyways, Officer just told me that my paperwork got mis-routed(misplaced) or something, that she is going to personally hand it to the person that schedules the Oath taking ceremony, "Sorry for the inconvenience" asked her when will i receive my letter, but she can't tell me...i was pissed but i just stayed cool =(

Anyways, checked my mailbox today, then bam! i finally got my OL after more than 4 months. =)

So my advice to those people that are waiting for their letter, check this thread for normal processing time in your respective DO's and compare.

If you feel like it's outside the processing time, schedule an infopass right away! chances are its just sitting on someone else's desk,

And don't take the " just wait for it in the mail" answer, it seems like they dont want to help you, until 120 days is over.

Just tell them what happened to me or something, good luck !

P.s.
Im taking my Oath on Nov 17th at Pomona Fairplex, see some of you guys there !

akabeware, So do you suggest we wait it out till 90 days have passed and then setup an infopass appointment or set up an infopass now? when does the clock start. Is it from the date n400 is filled or the date of interview?