Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

ardaviraf,

Hang on to your big G.

The interview letter is knocking on your Heaven's Door (folks, remember Guns N Roses?)

Mine was about 8 days after the LUD update.

But it was a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg 8 days, man !

thanks for ur support ,I think this is the longest wait of all ,jajajaj
but in 7 days ill be done .
good luck too!

I got my IL too !!! Interview set for march 15. Letter sent from NBC in Lee's summit.

Application mailed : 12/12/2009 (Phoenix lockbox)
Application Arrived at USCIS: 12/14/2009 (As per USPS)
Check Cashed: 12/18/2009
NOA: 12/21/2009
PD: 12/17/2009
LUD : 12/19/2009
LUD : 12/29/2009 (update- RFE mailed on Dec 24th)
FP Notice received: 12/31/2009
FP Done : 01/05/2010 (Early walk-in)
FP Scheduled date : 1/13/2010
Yellow Letter date : 01/29/2010
LUD : 02/03/2010 (Case transferred to Local office for scheduling a interview)
IL: 02/05/2010
ID: 03/15/2010
OL:
OD:

My wife is getting ready for the interview in a few day, needless to say, she's quite nervious...any advice or encouragement appreciated! =)

My wife is getting ready for the interview in a few day, needless to say, she's quite nervious...any advice or encouragement appreciated! =)

Hi w124,

From my experience back in 11/10/09, when I had my Interview @ LA DO, it went very smooth and simple
mine was based on 5 Yr GC, my interview did not last over 10 mins going through the application to confirm the entries/answers
and then the 10 questions & read/write and then I was out of the office with a Congratulation you are recommended for Citizenship.

Even one of the questions I answered it right but the IO said it is wrong, it was Q#4 I think, I did not even argue with him, he asked me another one.

So, the key is :
1) Relax

2) Relax

3) Relax

4) Be prepared in regards to the 100 questions, what I did, Ihad the CD in my car listening to it whenever I'm driving, I did not look in the book even.

5) Be prepared with documentation based on your case, taxes, bank stmts, birth Cert, Marraige Cert., All Passports, etc.

6) If your wife's application is 3 YR marraige based, it is better if you go with her, and if you have kids also to show live proof that you are guys still married

7) Go early than your App. to have time to relax, for me I do not like to review questions while waiting

And the most important thing, the IOs are all kind, smilly faces, sence of humer, so there is nothing to worry about.

And finally Good luck for your wife

Hi w124,

From my experience back in 11/10/09, when I had my Interview @ LA DO, it went very smooth and simple
mine was based on 5 Yr GC, my interview did not last over 10 mins going through the application to confirm the entries/answers
and then the 10 questions & read/write and then I was out of the office with a Congratulation you are recommended for Citizenship.

Even one of the questions I answered it right but the IO said it is wrong, it was Q#4 I think, I did not even argue with him, he asked me another one.

So, the key is :
1) Relax

2) Relax

3) Relax

4) Be prepared in regards to the 100 questions, what I did, Ihad the CD in my car listening to it whenever I'm driving, I did not look in the book even.

5) Be prepared with documentation based on your case, taxes, bank stmts, birth Cert, Marraige Cert., All Passports, etc.

6) If your wife's application is 3 YR marraige based, it is better if you go with her, and if you have kids also to show live proof that you are guys still married

7) Go early than your App. to have time to relax, for me I do not like to review questions while waiting

And the most important thing, the IOs are all kind, smilly faces, sence of humer, so there is nothing to worry about.

And finally Good luck for your wife

kabaca71-- CONGRATULATIONS on becoming an USC!!! =)

AND THANKS SO MUCH for the information and encouragement!

I told her about your experience and how the IOs are all kind, smily faces, etc... and she feels better.

I've tested her numerous times and she knows her stuff well... your experience just made her feel more relaxed, THANKS!!!

Her application is 3 year marriage based and I will be taking her to the interview....and I'll try to help her relax as well while we're waiting.

THANKS AGAIN!!! =)

I had a question...what is PP and PC on your timeline?

THANKS AGAIN

Ya! My wife passed her interview today!!! Just waiting for the Oath Ceremony letter now!! =)

THANKS to everyone who participated in this forum and for making this forum a nice place to share ideas, concerns, and questions...it's like a big family in here!

She left the waiting room for the interview and came back to tell me she passed in 20 minutes!!

Her IO was super super nice! Very kind man and repeated questions slowly to her when my wife asked her to repeat the questions.

The IO asked a lot questions regarding the N-400.

Her questions were;

1. Who is the governor of your state? - Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. What is one promise you make when you become a U.S. citizen? - Be loyal to the U.S.

3. What is one responsibility that is only for U.S. citizens? - Vote

4. Who is the Father of our country? - George Washington

5. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did? - Freed the slaves

6. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do? - Freed the slaves

She was asked to write: "The president lives in the White house"

My wife says to know the 100 questions and be able to answer questions regarding your N-400....which you guys probably already know =)

While we were waiting for the IO to call my wife in for the interview, I noticed that most of the IOs seemed very friendly and kind when approaching/calling out applicants' names... it's just like any other test, be prepared and bring the documents that came with the list.

Bring your passport(s), green card, ID, spouse's proof of citizenship (if applicable), any proof of your residence such as bank statements, credit card applications, mail, apartment rental agreement, etc...

I believe most people pass this test, but others (for whatever reasons) have returned to speak with IOs regarding supporting documentation.

THANKS again for all who've contributed to this forum!!! and GOOD LUCK to everyone! =)