Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congrats, w124 !

Do you guys notice that the naturalization webpage hasn't been updated for a while now?

My online status on USCIS did not change since they transferred my case to the LA DO, it seems that the local DO offices do not have access to the NBC case status system to update the cases

it said on the paper provided ,:case need to be check by supervisor,aplicant passed all tests.
everything was done in 15 min,I notice older ios were moving way faster than younger ones.

My last step, Applied for PP & PC on 01/06/2010 ,

Received my PP 02/06/2010
Received my NC 02/10/2010
Received my PC 02/12/2010

Finally, I'm done, many thanks to everyone who helped by posting their experiences or replied to questions, and wish all the best to those who still in the process

Special thanks to Rajiv for having this forum, and sure I'll recommend it to eveyone I know

Jwong,
Are you seeing LUD updates after you got the IL ? I am seeing LUD being updated every business day after I got my IL. Anyone else in Los Angeles area get the same?

Ardaviraf

Jwong,
Are you seeing LUD updates after you got the IL ? I am seeing LUD being updated every business day after I got my IL. Anyone else in Los Angeles area get the same?

Ardaviraf

Hi ,

Can you post the link to the LUD? It is for applicants who have passed as well as those who haven't taken the interview?

Thanks in advance for your reply! =)

----Ardaviraf, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I just found the link to the LUD----- https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
w124,
Thats the link. You need to register and create a profile. Add your case to the profile using case number and you will see LUD. Since you already passed interview, your need to see LUD updates is minimal.

Hi guys,

No, I did not sign up for the LUD. I trust that my timeline will be similar to the majority of members on this board.

LUD will happen for a week and it stops. nothing to worry about it.

Jwong,

Ardaviraf

Hi all. I am new to the forum, having just discovered it. I am glad to see that folks are willing to share their experiences and advice with others and help everyone through this stressful process. I hope that my sharing my experiences too will help.

I had applied for both myself and my wife on the same day (see time line below). My file has been received and acknowledged, but my wife's has not. Is it unusual to have such different processing time lines?

Anyone else experience or know of cases like this?

My timeline so far:
Santa Ana - Orange County CA
02/03/10 - N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS priority mail
02/05/10 - delivered per USPS
02/10/10 - PD (self); ??? (wife)
02/22/10 - NOA received self; ??? (wife)

Hi all. I am new to the forum, having just discovered it. I am glad to see that folks are willing to share their experiences and advice with others and help everyone through this stressful process. I hope that my sharing my experiences too will help.

I had applied for both myself and my wife on the same day (see time line below). My file has been received and acknowledged, but my wife's has not. Is it unusual to have such different processing time lines?

Anyone else experience or know of cases like this?

My timeline so far:

Hi OC400 and welcome to the forum.

Has both checks been cashed? If so, then they might have a file for your wife, maybe just haven't mailed your wife's PD yet, perhaps someone can chime in on this.

On a side note, you might be able to view the status of your case here... https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi W124,

Thanks for the reply. My check has been cashed, but not hers. My wife called the customer service number who tells her that it is a miracle (her words) that my application has got processed to this stage so quickly. They say it should take a month! But, looking at other timelines, it rather seems to me that my timeline is more normal, and my wife's is not.

I will go to the web site you suggest and see if I get any more info. there.

Thanks again for your thoughtful response.

W124,

I have registered at the website you showed but can only register myself since I don't have a application receipt number for my wife. I now have my case number in there, but that is it.

My time line so far

OC400 - did you send both applications in one envelope or two? I'm assuming one since on 2/05 it was "delivered per USPS", then it's odd that your check was cashed and your wife's wasn't. Wait for another week and call them about your application and ask about your wife's application "as well" ;)

Hey all,

I applied for citizenship on Feb 1st and I believe my FP appointment letter is on the way (per USCIS status update). I remember when I got my Green Card that the line for biometrics was so long that I couldn't get in on the day of my original appointment. They rescheduled me for the next day at 8am and I showed up at 6 am just to be cautious -- and it turned out to be a good idea. There were already people lined up at 6am, but I was able to get in...

Anyway, I'm wondering if things have changed over the past 5 years... How long did you guys have to wait in line for biometrics -- or more importantly, how many hours in advance did you show up?

Thanks!!

Feb 1 – Application sent
Feb 3 – Application received
Feb 9 – Check cashed / Priority date / Notice date
Feb 13 – NOA received
Feb 17 – FP letter sent

W124,

We sent the application in two envelops at the same time on the same day. Each had a tracking number with the USPS, and both were delivered on Feb 5th. Each had the same package of information, with a separate check for each application.

Very strange that mine was acknowledged but my wife's was not, and is still not, in their system.

Just hoping that they send us her NOA this week.

Thanks,

OC400

My time line so far

Depends on your FP location, I'm assuming...

Hi dolce_vita,

This might depend on the location of the FP. It's always a good idea to show up a little early, my rule is to always show up at least 30 minutes before the appointment (did this for the FP and all interviews). My wife did her FP in the city of El Monte, CA...here's the approx timeline;

1. Arrived 30 minutes prior to door opening; after door opens, then took about 5 minutes to get into the door for the security to check her FP letter and let us in (and gave us a form to fill out).

2. Form took less than 5 minutes to fill out, but waited for about 15 minutes to be called in to do the FP.

Cliffnotes: Took about the same amount of time in both the GC and naturalization biometrics. Arrived both times about 30 minutes prior to opening time, got out in about 30 minutes after entering the front door.

Hope that helps!
w124

Hey all,

I applied for citizenship on Feb 1st and I believe my FP appointment letter is on the way (per USCIS status update). I remember when I got my Green Card that the line for biometrics was so long that I couldn't get in on the day of my original appointment. They rescheduled me for the next day at 8am and I showed up at 6 am just to be cautious -- and it turned out to be a good idea. There were already people lined up at 6am, but I was able to get in...

Anyway, I'm wondering if things have changed over the past 5 years... How long did you guys have to wait in line for biometrics -- or more importantly, how many hours in advance did you show up?

Thanks!!

Feb 1 – Application sent
Feb 3 – Application received
Feb 9 – Check cashed / Priority date / Notice date
Feb 13 – NOA received
Feb 17 – FP letter sent