Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Fuller & ItalianChick, did you guys get what is called the "Yellow Letter" , is this the form N-659 (Interview Document Checklist) which comes with the interview letter ??

Fuller & ItalianChick, did you guys get what is called the "Yellow Letter" , is this the form N-659 (Interview Document Checklist) which comes with the interview letter ??

Yellow letter is CFR (case file review) letter, not N-659 document checklist.

CFR question

Is it a must to get the CFR letter? We have received our IL for ID 10/27 but no CFR yet. My husband had a DUI in 1999 and I reported that along with the originals of the documents. Should I be worried?

Is it a must to get the CFR letter? We have received our IL for ID 10/27 but no CFR yet. My husband had a DUI in 1999 and I reported that along with the originals of the documents. Should I be worried?

CFR letter is not a must..it's a generic document checklist letter that suggests what documents to being to interview. For the DUI he'll like be asked for certified court document.

Kabaca71, I did not receive a yellow letter, and as Bobsmyth says it is not a must. However, along with the IL I received a white letter which generally lists what to bring to the interview according to how one got the green card. I.E. marriage, military service and so on...
Hopefully we'll be sworn in by the end of November....

I just got an email response from a rep from Quiet Cannon in Montebello. If anyone's having their Oath ceremony there, beware that they won't let any applicant's guest(s) enter the ceremony. They have to wait outside for you to finish. So they're discouraging you from bringing anyone. Hmm. I guess I'll figure something out...

...I called them and they said you'll most likely be able to bring 1 guest in with you, but any more and they'll have to wait outside. Ceremony will take about an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there anyone eles who jad interview at Santa Ana and still waiting for oath letter? I had my in August and it was recommended for approval, however, I haven't heard anything yet since then :((

is there anyone eles who jad interview at Santa Ana and still waiting for oath letter? I had my in August and it was recommended for approval, however, I haven't heard anything yet since then :((

Hi Cpass,

I had my interview on 1st of Sept in Santa Ana was recommended for approval but am still waiting for OL as well. I think the next ceremony is on 9/25 and is probably too late for that. The following ceremonies are on 10/8 and 10/29...hope to make one of them.

Hi USC09, thanks so much for your information... Im appreciated. Please keep me posted if you have any good news, Im kinda worry. N652 recommended for approval does it means we pass everything and just wait for the oath?

Hi USC09, thanks so much for your information... Im appreciated. Please keep me posted if you have any good news, Im kinda worry. N652 recommended for approval does it means we pass everything and just wait for the oath?

I totally understand what it feels like to wait for that Oath letter! I was cursing the mailbox everyday when that letter failed to appear.

You've been approved! You'll get that letter soon! Hang in there! :)

I finally got my oath letter today. My oath is also on 10/08 at Montebello, CA 90640. Anyone taken oath there please share if they allow to take your family with you there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
COngrats citizen09, I havent received anything yettt even I had mine in August.... I did call the 800 number but they didnt provide me any info, just told me to wait until 90 days. Should I schedule an infopass, im getting worry and worry now...

I totally understand what it feels like to wait for that Oath letter! I was cursing the mailbox everyday when that letter failed to appear.

You've been approved! You'll get that letter soon! Hang in there! :)

Thanks 2shy for your kind, i hope i will get it soon, waitting is so tired.. i dont know what happen with my case. people who interview after me already got the oath letter but me. Did u had your interview at Santa Ana too?

I finally got my oath letter today. My oath is also on 10/08 at Montebello, CA 90640. Anyone taken oath there please share if they allow to take your family with you there ?

I'm having my oath ceremony there too! I spoke to a rep at the Quiet Cannon a few days ago. They said that you'll most likely be able to bring one guest in with you, but any more guests will have to wait outside.

Mine is at 8 am. I think the ceremony starts at 9. Since there's another ceremony (There are 3 that day) at 11, I'm guessing it will be about one hour long.

Thanks 2shy for your kind, i hope i will get it soon, waitting is so tired.. i dont know what happen with my case. people who interview after me already got the oath letter but me. Did u had your interview at Santa Ana too?

I had my interview at the Los Angeles DO. I'm so happy I'll never have to go back there again! :)

Hi Cpass,

I had my interview on 1st of Sept in Santa Ana was recommended for approval but am still waiting for OL as well. I think the next ceremony is on 9/25 and is probably too late for that. The following ceremonies are on 10/8 and 10/29...hope to make one of them.

HI USC09, have u received anything yet ? my friend who had the interview after us already got the oath letter.. :(

HI USC09, have u received anything yet ? my friend who had the interview after us already got the oath letter.. :(

Nothing at all CPASS. :mad: The wait is frustrating. Let me know if you do an infopass. I will schedule one if I do not get anything by 10/1 (30 days after my interview). Good luck my friend!

HI USC09, I received a letter yesterday, but it wasn't oath letter, they requested me to send 2 photos. I dropped it in person this morning. I will keep u posted if I have any update. Hope that both of us will hear back from them soon.

Hi citizen2009, I noticed that you was requested to send the photos like me. May I ask u sent them by mail or in person? and how long does it take to receive the oath letter??? Thanks so muchhh