Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

how soon after FP

i just did my fingerprinting yesterday. is there like an estimate on how soon the interview letter follows? i just want to be sure because my case is being processed at the san bernardino office and they have a history of sending my mails to the wrong address..hehe

Filing - N400

Hi

I am sending N400 next week, i am sending the following documents.

N400
Check for $675.
2Photos(back side wrote name/A#)
GC Copy front and back.

Do i need to send anything else.

Hi

I am sending N400 next week, i am sending the following documents.

N400
Check for $675.
2Photos(back side wrote name/A#)
GC Copy front and back.

Do i need to send anything else.

That's sufficient. You'll have a chance to bring supporting documents to interview.

My passport arrived yesterday, 3rd April :) Now all i need is to get my certificate back and I am done - finished - complete....finally!

Elec99 - do you have yours back yet?

Best wishes to all who are undergoing the N-400 process through LA - particularly Feliz - better luck this time.

Passport

I recieved my passport on 04/01/09 :) I got my certificate 3 days later. Finally the journey is over. good luck to everybody and best wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booyaa! I got my passport on April 4th. I do not have my naturalization certificate back yet though. But this is good enough.

vvet

I am mailing application, i have a quick question about name change:I want to change my name, i haven't know the new name today, i want to change during the interview time. if i answer the question yes- i have to write new name. if i answer no- can i tell him in the interview:

I am mailing application, i have a quick question about name change:I want to change my name, i haven't know the new name today, i want to change during the interview time. if i answer the question yes- i have to write new name. if i answer no- can i tell him in the interview:

Yes you can have your name changed at the time of interview.

P.S. Lots of old peeps are already proud owners of passports.

Note for other soon to be citizens: For social security you don't need an appointment since all they are doing is updating your status from permanent resident to citizen. Also it is much easier to register to vote at the ceremony than to do it afterwards. Remember to bring a black pen with you.

hi everybody.
I received my oath letter couple weeks ago and becoming usa citizen nextweek.Here is my question?my mum come to USA on her tourist visa and we requested an extension.Now her process is still pending with USCIS.once i become US Citizen can i still petition for her while her case is still pending or should we withdraw the application? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks good luck to everyone.

Yeah you can file for change of status for her while she is still in US. I would recommend you run it past an immigration attorney to make sure.

Trac

Thanks for the response, How can i trac the application with USCIS, do i have to register something with USCIS to Trac the petition

Yes you can have your name changed at the time of interview.

P.S. Lots of old peeps are already proud owners of passports.

Note for other soon to be citizens: For social security you don't need an appointment since all they are doing is updating your status from permanent resident to citizen. Also it is much easier to register to vote at the ceremony than to do it afterwards. Remember to bring a black pen with you.

FInally USC

The title says all. So finally I am a USC as of today. Applied for the passport Expedited. Will see when I receive it
Good luck to all

i also post same comment in another thread so i am just posting here since my case was in LA and may help others
hi everybody.
i am done with my journey yesterday in los angeles.here my story.
I applied in the beginnig of june 2008 and went to interview in nov.2008.Iwas asked to provide additional documents and send it in in two weeks.waited almost 3.5 months and did notreceive anyting back then.I was so frustrated that i didint post anything and became silent reader in here.
Finnally i had requested inquiry about my case and received a respond with in a week saying that i was approved and should wait for the oath.it was kind of long wait.
I would like to deliver my special thanks to Bobysmith,Manlika,rick92,hurucan and all others.
you guys helped me a lot.I would not make this if i dindnt get the help of you all.
Here is the buttom line.
if you dont have any crimminal background and pay your taxes 99% you will be fine but please be patiant and take all neccessery steps.
1)first thing i would recommend ask an inquiry about your case if you have waited over 3 months after the interview (that can be done over the phone)
2)if you dont get any respond for the inquiry then contact to your congressmans and ombudsmans.

i like to thanks to you all on this board and wish the goodluck.
God bless you,God bless America