Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Finger prints before the due date

Hi SATN400,

Congrats on your finger prints.

Which office did you have to go to - One in the Los Angeles Downtown, or the one closer to Santa Ana?

We are planning to do the same thing, but need some help out here

Thanks
T

Reg: Finger prints

I just walked in Bouna Park Application Support Center with Notice/GC and told them that i am traveling and i want to do early finger prints, That is on Saturday afternoon, no one there and they took. It took hardly 30Min.

Hi SATN400,

Congrats on your finger prints.

Which office did you have to go to - One in the Los Angeles Downtown, or the one closer to Santa Ana?

We are planning to do the same thing, but need some help out here

Thanks
T

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh.. the n652. Ok, so important. Both of us did pass the n-652, despite our past. Btw, I have no idea what my brother did, I can only imagine that they were misdemeanors.
A 'decision cannot be made' is different. If anyone out there has experience with this please chime in. I don't remember, but I can only imagine this is what I received in the year 2000 when I did not pass. They don't really tell you you've failed in person, normally they do that via mail. According to someone else on this board they've been doing it via certified mail actually.

However, if all you can think of is the dui in 1999 then that doesn't explain it fully,that's 10 yrs ago. That alone isn't a deal breaker. A name change isn't a deal breaker either.
When I passed in Dec 2008, the IO even got up and said he needed supervisory approval (don't we all?), He then walked around in search of someone who wasn't there that day, then found the 2nd in command if you will, and all I could hear, in a loud voice, was 'DUI?!'
My heart sank when I heard that and it was a tumultuous 7 weeks after that, up until when I got my OL.
So if all you have is a 10 yr old dui and a name change, i wouldn't sweat it. But if there are more violations in addition to the dui, then who knows. The 'strong moral character' is taken seriously.
I've been told they've revoked the Green Card of an applicant at time of interview! Though he had about 3 duis, serves him right.

Please update this thread with your N-652 experience:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296663

Attended Interview today with Spouse

Today we attended the Citizenship interview at 300 N Los Angeles St Office. Our appt time was at 10 AM and we went in early at 9:30 AM. They asked us to submit the interview letter and wait to be called. We got called at 10 AM separately. My wife's interview went on for 10 minutes and mine took 20 minutes. They just asked to see GC and Driver's license. Then did the tests. Afterward they checked the pages on the passport and gave me a letter stating recommended for approval. Overall it was a smooth experience. We parked at the public parking opposite the office and it costs like 13 dollars. They said it will take a month to receive the oath letter.

Waitingin213,
wow, 2 hrs is a long interview, I think mine was at max 1 hr, maybe even 45min. I now understand your n-652, they were waiting for more docs which they now have.
I really do not think you have anything to worry about, now that I know this information. OLs will probably go out today and tomorrow from Nebraska, give it a week to arrive in LA.
Mine took about 8 days to arrive from the date of the postmark.

Today we attended the Citizenship interview at 300 N Los Angeles St Office. Our appt time was at 10 AM and we went in early at 9:30 AM. They asked us to submit the interview letter and wait to be called. We got called at 10 AM separately. My wife's interview went on for 10 minutes and mine took 20 minutes. They just asked to see GC and Driver's license. Then did the tests. Afterward they checked the pages on the passport and gave me a letter stating recommended for approval. Overall it was a smooth experience. We parked at the public parking opposite the office and it costs like 13 dollars. They said it will take a month to receive the oath letter.

The letter they gave you is N-652 right?

please update your status on this thread:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296663

Yes the AO officer told me everything was ok ...that she just needed to question me further because i didnt have the certified police report and she was going to recomend me for approval..they recieved the police report within 1 week from my interview......what is making me nervous is that when i did the info pass the supervisor was rude and she didnt even talk to me inside there private rooms she talked to me next to the door from where they call the names and said she couldnt do anything with my case and to give it more time...

elec99
I just remebered the AO did say to me congratulations I will request for your aproval from my supervisor once I recive the the required docs from you, this is the reason why I cant approve you at this time...
Im wondering if im now lost in the system for not having the certified docs....

I doubt you're lost in the system. Btw, i brought everything I needed with me, and they didn't ask to even see 90% of it, so it sounds like these interviews could go either way.

Oh, and don't put any energy into the online system, they don't use it or even update it. After I took the oath I was listed as 'pending', so there you go.

how are the people in my favorite thread of the last 2 years doing? Good luck to everyone waiting and Congrats to those who are done! :)

my second (and hopefully last) interview is in 12 days, getting nervous... would appreciate any advice/update in addition to or contradicting what is already written in this thread.

am i right when i am studying the new civics? or should i study both just in case?

Feliz-LA
I had my interview on 3/06/09
I recieved form n-652 A descission cannot yet be made ...but i did pass the civics part of the test....
The AO didnt even ask me if I wanted to take the old or the new test...she went directly into the questions from the new test which is what i studdied for...

am i right when i am studying the new civics? or should i study both just in case?

The quiz appeared to be computer generated (he had a selection screen with a bunch of pull-downs available, and then he printed out the civic Qs, read/write tests.) So would only bother with the new civics. Also, there is now an audio CD available (see the other threads for link) which makes it pretty good for studying as well.

Best of luck to you Feliz.

how are the people in my favorite thread of the last 2 years doing? .

Doing just fine Feliz, thanks for asking. You are right in just studying the "new" civic test. Best of luck for your interview, try to relax, I'm sure you'll do just fine....this time ;-)

D/O Los Angeles, Calif.

5-2-09 Mailed out the package.
PD: 5-4-09
Check cashed and posted it: 5-11-09
I-797 C notice of Action :5-13-09 ( with NBC # )
Finger print notice: 5-19-09
Fingerprint date: 5-29-09. :)
Interview letter: 6-10-09
Interview date: 8-05-09 at Los Angeles office!
I was WOW by it that I get my Interview letter that fast!
TODAY is the DAY for interview!! I was a bit stress out early this morning. It was NOTHING, it only took 20 mins to finish the interview. The officer was very friendly. Simple questions than she said: congress! U will get the ceremony letter within 60 days. She even told me that I may able to attend Naturalization Ceremony this month. After that, she gave me 2 books which related to America history and some information regarding SSI and Passport. Send my bum out of her office! YAYY!
However, downtown parking isn't fun and DO arrived a bit early. I got called in for interview 10 mins before my appointment! ^_^
Good luck for others! Really! It was not that bad after all!
OATH DATE: 8-28-09 ^_^ WHOOOHOO!
It was very fast that I got the OATH notice letter.. it was like 4 days after my interview!

I am the ONE DAY OLD American! Yayy..
8-28-09 APply for US Passport book and Passport card!

9-29-09 : I finally got my passport book!! After my local post office send to wrong address and told me if its lost, I have to pay and re-apply nothing they can do about it! I have the paper work to approve that they send to the wrong address but MY Fault! Anyway! long story short, I went down to my local post office, show them the paper work, tracking # than I LET THEM HAVE IT! Magic! nice talking way did not work.. but when I am PISSED off.. it works.. MAGIC!! less than 20 mins.. they FOUND IT! The mail carrier call me and said : Ohh it was stuck at part of wooden mail box of yours. REALLY? it must be see though passport! I hope this would not happen to anyone but if sadly did, YELLED at your post office, cos it works. Be nice just be push around. I tried to be nice first.. see how far it goes!

Finally! I am FREE! I can be in and out of US without time limit and I am able to visit my elder grandma anytime she wishes to see me! :)

Last edited by a moderator: