Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

InTheShed ,
what is LA passport agency? Thought it will go through the post office? thanks

Hi LAresident_2008, passport agency is the actual US government agency that issues and prints your passport. Post office only accept your application on their behalf. People normally go through post office because there are only a few cities that have an actual passport agency, LA is one of them. Also, you can only apply your passport there if you need a passport to travel or obtain a visa in 14 days. Otherwise, they won't even take your application.

If you want/need your passport quick, fast and in a hurry, that's where you should go, they normally issue the passport in less than 24 hours. you will need to show them ticket etc that you need to travel or obtain a visa in 14 days. Furthermore, in my opinion, they know their business better than the post office employees.

i went there today to send in the passport application, they took my naturalization certificate. i can pick up my passport tomorrow morning from the agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
InTheShed,
I c. thanks for the info, I will go for an oversea job in late march, so you think i should just go through the post office?
And also i noticed that there's a section on application form asking when you are going to travel. I dont know how long i am going to stay out of the country, so what should i write there?
thanks

Hi LAresident_2008, passport agency is the actual US government agency that issues and prints your passport. Post office only accept your application on their behalf. People normally go through post office because there are only a few cities that have an actual passport agency, LA is one of them. Also, you can only apply your passport there if you need a passport to travel or obtain a visa in 14 days. Otherwise, they won't even take your application.

If you want/need your passport quick, fast and in a hurry, that's where you should go, they normally issue the passport in less than 24 hours. you will need to show them ticket etc that you need to travel or obtain a visa in 14 days. Furthermore, in my opinion, they know their business better than the post office employees.

i went there today to send in the passport application, they took my naturalization certificate. i can pick up my passport tomorrow morning from the agency.

InTheShed,
I c. thanks for the info, I will go for an oversea job in late march, so you think i should just go through the post office?
And also i noticed that there's a section on application form asking when you are going to travel. I dont know how long i am going to stay out of the country, so what should i write there?
thanks

I completed my application online. The travel date and length information is optional. You don't have to provide anything. Your travel date is in March, so I don't think you need to pay the extra for expedited service.

Same problem nationwide. See the thread for DALLAS, TX and you will see the same problem, NO OATHS.

See the thread for the EAST COAST, same problem, NO OATHS.

This would be more believable were everyone from December forward were not receiving Oath letters. As things stand right now in LA, we have folks who interviewed in December who haven't received their OLs while others who interviewed in January have already received theirs.

If there was a OL problem system-wide, then it would've affected EVERYONE. Not a subset of applicants.

Beacon29,
I think it is because December was around holiday season, they might delay the process and forget about it?
That really sux!

This would be more believable were everyone from December forward were not receiving Oath letters. As things stand right now in LA, we have folks who interviewed in December who haven't received their OLs while others who interviewed in January have already received theirs.

If there was a OL problem system-wide, then it would've affected EVERYONE. Not a subset of applicants.

Jitin711,
Did you receive your OL?

Folks,

Some of you may already have this information, but here is a complied list for newbies (like myself) and for anyone else. These dates are for Los Angeles based Oath Ceremonies -

Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 9am
Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
Feb 5th - USDC - 75 - 130 pm
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 9 am
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
March 12th - Quiet Cannon - 900 - 9 am
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 11
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 2pm
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 9am
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 130 pm
April 22nd - Fairplex - 7000 - 7 am - 4pm
May 28th - Fairplex - 7000 - 7am - 4pm
July 24th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm
August 28th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm

THIS IS THE LIST SO FAR THAT I COULD FIND. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE THESE AS SOON AS I HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION.

HOPE IT HELPS

Beacon29,
I think it is because December was around holiday season, they might delay the process and forget about it?
That really sux!

That should delay the whole process and not some sub-set of applicants as Beacon29 stated it. They are moving the process forward but clogging it at the end, with GOD knows what.- :eek:

Same problem in Philadelphia, PA .- :mad:

Maybe this Acting Deputy Director, the only one left, from the Bush Administration ordered a full review of all citizenship applications. Anybody , any news ??? :confused:

Jitin711,
Did you receive your OL?

Not yet buddy...I saw that you received yours and was wondering if I would get it too..

MY ID was 1/21...I am not sure if they would send me for Feb or March....the sooner the better...will keep you all posted..

Congratulations to you on the OL....few more days for you man

I am happy to be posting that I received my OL letter - for 26th Feb, PM.

I heard a horror story from someone about how long it took to get into the convention center (said he was in line at 9.30am & barely got seated by 1pm) - this was a few months ago - I'm hoping for some comments/feedback on this by people who have attended more recently.

Good Luck to those still waiting.

Sept 3, 2007 Application Mailed
Sept 12, 2007 - Priority date
Nov 9,2007 - check cashed
Nov 20,2007 - NOA1
Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment
Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done
Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date - rescheduled at my request
Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date
February 26th, 2009 - Oath Ceremony

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to be posting that I received my OL letter - for 26th Feb, PM.

I heard a horror story from someone about how long it took to get into the convention center (said he was in line at 9.30am & barely got seated by 1pm) - this was a few months ago - I'm hoping for some comments/feedback on this by people who have attended more recently.

Good Luck to those still waiting.

Sept 3, 2007 Application Mailed
Sept 12, 2007 - Priority date
Nov 9,2007 - check cashed
Nov 20,2007 - NOA1
Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment
Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done
Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date - rescheduled at my request
Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date
February 26th, 2009 - Oath Ceremony

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.
Congrats Auscal...that is great news..

Does anyone know whether they mail out these letters in batches on a particular day or is it according to the dates approved? I know there are some cases that take forever, but what happens in a regular case?

It's almost as if more people who interviewed in January are getting OLs vs. those who interviewed in December? Looks like someone 'misplaced' a batch or two...

It's almost as if more people who interviewed in January are getting OLs vs. those who interviewed in December? Looks like someone 'misplaced' a batch or two...

Hang in there, elec99, I know you must be getting frustrated right now - My envelope was dated feb 3rd, I know some posted here last friday (jan 30th) they had received their oath letters, so, there definitely have been batches mailed over a few days - fingers crossed for you.

elec99,
Hang in there, probably because of holiday season, the letters were misplaced somewhere.:eek:

Congrats Auscal,
I was the one who received OL on 30th Jan, dated Jan29th:p

Hang in there, elec99, I know you must be getting frustrated right now - My envelope was dated feb 3rd, I know some posted here last friday (jan 30th) they had received their oath letters, so, there definitely have been batches mailed over a few days - fingers crossed for you.

Some people who interviewed in December will receive their oath letter for March 12 or 25.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Received my OL today for Feb 26th 1 PM at LACC. elec99 hang in there.

The letter was posted from Missouri of all places and took 4 days to get here.