Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Congrats to everyone who got good news!!!

my check was chashed, so I am joining back the LA waiting club, hopefully with a positive outcome this time!

All the best this time around Feliz. It was fun reading your stats and posts last year, but I have to say that I am glad it is finally over for me except for the passport.

Mon

I am glad it is finally over for me except for the passport.

Mon

Hi Manlika2004!

Did you apply for your passport by regular or expedited processing?

I applied for my passport at a local post office on 01/29/09 after the Oath ceremony by regular processing and I'm still waiting for it. I've been checking online everyday but they don't have my information on their system yet. Have you tried checking your application status online?

Hi Manlika2004!

Did you apply for your passport by regular or expedited processing?

I applied for my passport at a local post office on 01/29/09 after the Oath ceremony by regular processing and I'm still waiting for it. I've been checking online everyday but they don't have my information on their system yet. Have you tried checking your application status online?

I live in Glendale and the city has a passport agency office which is open till 8 at night M-Th. I wanted to get out of the convention center as soon as possible so I went home and applied there on 01/29. A friend used that office a month or so back and he got his passport in about two weeks, so I did not use expedited processing. I have not received the passport yet. I did not know you could check on line. How do you do t

Thanks, Manlika! I am happy it's over for you too! hope passport arrives soon! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Glendale and the city has a passport agency office which is open till 8 at night M-Th. I wanted to get out of the convention center as soon as possible so I went home and applied there on 01/29. A friend used that office a month or so back and he got his passport in about two weeks, so I did not use expedited processing. I have not received the passport yet. I did not know you could check on line. How do you do t

I live in Glendale too but I applied at the Griffith post office in Atwater Village.

The US Department of State has a website for checking passport application online.

Here's the link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html

Van Nuys FP Center

Today I got my FP done. I saw a notice at the center stating only apptmts for that day allowed.. Dont know if they enforce it... Just FYI..

Has anybody who applied for US passport on 01/29/09 or later received it already?

I'm still waiting for mine. I applied regular processing for both passport book and passport card at a post office on 01/29/09.

Today I got my FP done. I saw a notice at the center stating only apptmts for that day allowed.. Dont know if they enforce it... Just FYI..

I uderstand that some people might find walk-in intimidating, but when I walked in for fingerprints - all 3 times I did it - there was gigantic sign on the wall "by appointment only" so it mostly depends on your story and the security guy to let you in. I would prepare a solid reason why original date doesn't work for you - just in case, but when I went there nobody asked any questions, they treated me like I had appointment that day.

You may know this by now after reading many of the posts, but there are a couple who interviewed around 1/9 who managed to make the 1/29 oath. Amazing speed and quite abnormal, but from what i've seen, if you've:

Interviewed in any given month, take December,
if you passed your OL goes out at end of month in the FOLLOWING month, so January,
for a scheduled ceremony at the end of the following month, so February.

Although everyone is different, no one truly knows how this works, my guess is an interview in January would get you an OL postmarked at end of February, and you'll be at a ceremony at end of March.

Has anybody who applied for US passport on 01/29/09 or later received it already?

I'm still waiting for mine. I applied regular processing for both passport book and passport card at a post office on 01/29/09.

I got a call from the State Department asking about my address. (I use an MBE box instead of my home address) Lady asked if I was going on a trip soon and needed the passport and I told her no. She said it should get to my box in about three days. I do not know why there was a problem and why it just was not mailed there. Maybe yours will come today or tomorrow.

I got a call from the State Department asking about my address. (I use an MBE box instead of my home address) Lady asked if I was going on a trip soon and needed the passport and I told her no. She said it should get to my box in about three days. I do not know why there was a problem and why it just was not mailed there. Maybe yours will come today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the information. I put my office as my mailing address. I hope to receive my passport by Friday to end this wait (crossing my fingers). Well, I may have more waiting to do with the passport card and naturalization certificate delivered separately.

Did you apply for a passport card?

I am looking at Friday too or maybe Saturday. There is no hurry but my husband wants to go back to Thailand and I want to go back and visit my mother.
I applied only for the passport book. I don't know if the card would benefit me.

are all name change oath ceremonies at the Los Angeles USDC? has anyone had a oath ceremony that included a name change at the LACC?

are all name change oath ceremonies at the Los Angeles USDC? has anyone had a oath ceremony that included a name change at the LACC?

I technically do have a name change (my n-400 app was processed with only my middle initial, not my full name - so, a name change form was done at the interview.)
I have my oath date on 26th Feb with the masses at LACC.

Name change is routinely done at the oath ceremonies held at LA Convention Center by the US District Court, Central District of California. The same is true for those being held at the Pomona Fairplex and Quiet Cannons in Montebello. For as long as the oath ceremony is presided by a judge, the petition for name change is also granted at the same oath ceremony.

Hi

I live near a passport agency (federal Building on Wilshire). Can I just walk there and apply for my passport instead of the post office. Thanks