Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Why are you worrying about the oath date? :confused:

If your husband is US born, then getting the birth certificate is not going to be that hard. You have enough time till your interview date to get the birth certificate.

Ideally you should bring the past 5 years of tax return. Go to the main citizenship section and browse the thread about how to obtain that document.

sirch320 did you get the IO to tell you if your oath letter has been sent out? I don't think I will get the 12/19 date considering how many people the LA DO office processes each day.

I will have a production going on in late Feb, 2009(out of country), if i can get through with this thing as early as possible, that would be gr8t. Thats the reason i said i was worrying about the oath date.
Also about the birth certificate, since my husband has the passport in hand, so i am thinking of just using that instead of getting an extra original brith certificate

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS Interview H1B 'Cancelled Without Prejudice'

After AOS Interview, IO has cancelled(without prejudice) H1B/H4B and mentioned that we are on Intent Immigrant status, hence we dont need it.
My EAD/Advance Payrole are expired. What is my current status? What are my options for renewing EAD and Advance Payrole, is it safe to do so at this stage or should I wait for GC. I am working on H1B and continue to plan to do so with same employer

pankajkalara,
I think you are in the wrong section here... :) You need to take a look at the "H1B Issues" forum.... Good luck!

Sirch320:
How many years of tax return did you bring since you are marriage based applicant too. Thanks

I submitted copies of three years of tax returns with my application. The IO only looked at the 2007 return. He did not ask me for the original or the IRS transcripts.

I submitted copies of three years of tax returns with my application. The IO only looked at the 2007 return. He did not ask me for the original or the IRS transcripts.

thanks:D how long did you interview last? Did you take the new or test? I guess I must take the new test in Jan...sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks:D how long did you interview last? Did you take the new or test? I guess I must take the new test in Jan...sigh...

The interview took 30 minutes total. Per my IO who was in his early 60's, marriage-based N-400's take a long time for the interview due to several things that he needed to check which include among others date of marriage, date of spouse's naturalization, date of green card effectivity, child's birth certificate, and proof of life together. He was very thorough, reading each document that I attached on my N-400 application.

I took the old test with nine questions. The tenth he gave to me as bonus because it is about the 13 original states and he said it would take too long for the answers. I knew them all backwards and forwards, had he insisted, but I did not press him to ask me that question. Nine questions were fine by me.

I think you can still take the old test in January 2009. It is much simpler than the new one.

I wish you all the best on your interview. You'll be fine. You'll see.

oath venue gate

HI all, Can anybody who has oath ceremony on dec 19 @ the lacc check the oath letter n 445 to see the gate for the ceremony . My n 445 says GATE NONE. What does that mean and where is gate none?

That means figure it out when you get there :) Just arrive early and walk around a bit and look for a place that can accomodate 6,000 people. I think you will find it.

In all seriousness, I am not worried... just show up early and ask someone there....

Case status online

I am having a problem looking at my case status online on uscis.gov

My case number is NBC*00000XXXX

When I enter my case number it says it is not valid, but that is what I have on my receipts.

Anybody has any insight into what I need to do to see the status online??

Thanks

I am having a problem looking at my case status online on uscis.gov

My case number is NBC*00000XXXX

When I enter my case number it says it is not valid, but that is what I have on my receipts.

Anybody has any insight into what I need to do to see the status online??

Thanks

Don't bother checking the online status. It is absolutely useless and it never changes other than telling you that they have received the application and sent you a notice blah blah blah.

Not I. I know some other people on this forum are in the same boat. With it being so close to the holidays, I think we will have to wait until the new year for the OLs.

yeah, i know. not really worried. A few weeks or months have ever been a long wait when dealing with immigration. :p

No, I have not received my OL neither. Well, I guess the December interviewers will be on the Jan 29, 2009 Oath ceremony then.

Since the No-Decision Interview of Sep 24, we have been in limbo. Today we finally got some resolution. We received a congratulatory letter from our congressman in which he included a notice from LADO stating that Manlika is scheduled for the Oath ceremony at 2 p.m. of Jan 29, and that an Oath letter has been mailed to her. It feels wonderful to finally be able to start planning ours lives again. Of course we are still holding our breaths waiting for the actual Oath letter to get here, but by and large it feels great to know this 6 year journey is almost over.
Good luck to everyone else. Don't weaken.
Bob & Mon