Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hello all,
I received my oath letter today. I had my interview on 11/17/08 and the oath ceremony is on 1/29/09. I hope everyone waiting for the oath letter received their letter today as well or it must be in the mail.

Thanks

Congratulations Indiguy2! Happy New Year to you.

hello everyone!

Dax2005 you're right! I also just received my oath letter for the 29th!

congratulations to those who have received theirs too!

Happy New Year indeed!

hello everyone!

Dax2005 you're right! I also just received my oath letter for the 29th!

congratulations to those who have received theirs too!

Happy New Year indeed!

Congratulations sunland21!

I got my OL N-445 today for 01/29/09 for 8:00 am.

Happy New Year to you too!

Oath Letter received finally.

Mailing date is 12/30/2008. I got it on Jan 02, 2009 for the Oath ceremony on Jan 29, 2009 at the LA convention center (1 PM)

I am glad that I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel after a long long wait of 15 months for the entire process of naturalization.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Received oath letter...... Finally

The Oath letter was dated 12/30/08 and I received it on Jan 2, 09 for Oath ceremony on January 29, 2009 at 2 pm.

Almost over...... hurray!:D

I haven't received the OL yet. Looks like I missed the cutoff for Jan oath ceremony and may have to wait till the end of Feb to get my letter :(

I haven't received the OL yet. Looks like I missed the cutoff for Jan oath ceremony and may have to wait till the end of Feb to get my letter :(

Hey Beacon29, I think you are right, guess most of us passed in December won't get the 1/29 OL. next would be 2/26, so i guess we are looking at receiving OL after 1/26.

Its over !

Ladies & gentlemen, the journey is over, i finally got my passport book today{i applied @ the citizenship ceremony on the 19th of dec 2009}many thanks to veterans of this thread for their insight and knowledge about this very complex and time consuming endearvour ,to my detrement i did not find out about this forum until after i went for my interview,hence icant remember my dates in real sequence.
I thank everybody on this thread and wish those expecting il/ol the very best ,you are in company of very sound and able minds
GOODLUCK TO EVERYBODY

Congrats to people who got good news!

I am planning to send my application Monday the 12th or so, and now I already have way more days in US then officer required at interview, so I feel safe.

Just read about how now even sending N400 got all confusing with all the forwarding issues, seems like makes more sence to send directly to new address, any opinions?

Dear Fellow-New Applicants :) , who applied in November-January or planning to apply soon - please please please be kind and share your experiences and timelines, since USCIS is messy, the 800 line is useless and online status check doesn't work, forums are our only source of information.

I wonder why in this threads
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=290672
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=290629

all other other Phoenix-states applications are forwarded to Phoenix, and Californian hippo's case was forwarded from San Francisco to Anaheim??? may be they forward it later?

hi,

I've sent my N400 application through USPS to california center below:

California Service Center
P.O. Box 10400
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1040

However, when I used USPS's tracking and delivery confirmation, I got the following:

Processed, December 23, 2008, 12:32 am, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
Processed, December 22, 2008, 6:43 pm, ANAHEIM, CA 92899
Forwarded, December 22, 2008, 11:52 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA
Arrival at Unit, December 22, 2008, 11:44 am, LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607
Processed, December 20, 2008, 10:07 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Looks like it was delivered to the P.O. Box already but then got forwarded to anaheim? Is this normal? Has any one experienced the same thing?

Thanks in advance for sharing ur experience.

got my OL for 1/29. OL dated 1/7 from NBC, not DO. i am sure other december interview passers got or will get their OLs soon. good luck everyone.

Interview date/time: 1.12.09 @ 1:15pm
I guess I was lucky to have such an easy officer....hehe
Passed!
Finished interview @ 2pm (includes waiting time!)
Hopefully will be notified for oath soon!
Will be back when I receive OL!

Congratulations!

Interview date/time: 1.12.09 @ 1:15pm
I guess I was lucky to have such an easy officer....hehe
Passed!
Finished interview @ 2pm (includes waiting time!)
Hopefully will be notified for oath soon!
Will be back when I receive OL!

Congratulations LAresident_2008 on the success of your interview!

zephyr2009,
Don't let all the stats scare you. It took me from June 19th to December 19th 2008 to complete the entire process. That's exactly 6 months!

So, there is hope. Unfortunately, there are those who have been stuck in the process for a long time. Good luck!

zephyr2009,
Don't let all the stats scare you. It took me from June 19th to December 19th 2008 to complete the entire process. That's exactly 6 months!

So, there is hope. Unfortunately, there are those who have been stuck in the process for a long time. Good luck!

Thanks Iluvfra and rick92. Yeah It doesnt look that bad now! Also I did wait 3 years to get my GC :-( from priority date.