Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hi all,

I am new here but I've been reading a lot of post in this thread lately.

Is it true that people usually receive interview letter within 2 to 3 months after they filed the N-400 application?

I sent out mine back in early Sept and still nothing show up yet. Is there any way I can speed up the process? The wait is really painful.

i-SpY

Receiving IL 2-3 months after application would be about the shortest case scenario. There is no way to speed up the proces, provided you are till with in the "timeframe". Check your NOA-1. That states a timeframe - how may days is listed there? It will cary, depending on the office you are filing through.
And, check my timeline - you're not going to get much sympathy from me at 2-3 months LOL

Thanks, Auscal

My NOA stated 365 days. I thought the process time is based on the location, after seeing several members filed that N-400 around the same time as mine and got the interview already (back in Dec), I am really confused (and worried) about it. :(

I used the USCIS website to get an update on my case but the system just showed my PD. Not even my FP date. :-(

I-SpY

Thanks, Auscal
I used the USCIS website to get an update on my case but the system just showed my PD. Not even my FP date. :-(

Did you speak to a Level 2 IO? Call back and tell them you haven't received your FP appointment yet and that it's been more than a month. That should be enough to get transferred to a Level 2 IO who are officers with actual access to your file and can tell you what exactly is going on.

Thanks, Auscal

My NOA stated 365 days. I thought the process time is based on the location, after seeing several members filed that N-400 around the same time as mine and got the interview already (back in Dec), I am really confused (and worried) about it. :(

I-SpY

This thread is targeted to those applying through the LA office - dates provided on this thread will not apply to the San Diego office.
Your NOA1 letter stated 365 days - this means there is no action you can take until this amount of time had elapsed. Calls to the service center will only frustrate you at this stage. They will not generate a service request, nor put you through to a supervisor (or whatever the correct term is) at this time.
You just need to be patient, and wait. But, there is nothing for you to be concerned about at this stage.
And, don't waste your time looking at the online status of your case. I have yet to read of anyone whose online status is anything other than the inital "application received" - even after they have had there oath is is still showing as that. LOL
I know it is tough, but, be patient :)

Can anyone accompany candidate for interview at LA DO?

My wife is scheduled for interview at the 300 N Los Angeles DO.

- can I accompany her?
- are cellphones permitted inside?
- is food permitted?
- Interview is scheduled at 11am. Are they punctual? Someone said it could be as late as 2-3pm before they may call her for interview.

Thanks!
Mahesh

My wife is scheduled for interview at the 300 N Los Angeles DO.

- can I accompany her?
- are cellphones permitted inside?
- is food permitted?
- Interview is scheduled at 11am. Are they punctual? Someone said it could be as late as 2-3pm before they may call her for interview.

Thanks!
Mahesh

You can accompany her into the building/waiting room, but, not in the interview itself.
When I was there early Jan, there were no longer any restrictions about taking cell phones into the building. All visitors go through a metal scanner while entering the building.
No restrictions on taking food into the building. There is a small coffee shop downstairs in the foyer - and, a fairly meager food court across the road.
Are they punctual? From what I have read here, more than likely not. My interview was 7.15am, I waited 20 minutes, even that early. It could be as late as 2-3pm, but, I think that would be an extreme case. I wouldn't make any definite plans for the afternoon though LOL.
There is a reasonably priced parking lot around the corner from the office - $8 flat rate. Thats about the best you'll find nearby.
Good Luck
PS I'm jealous of your timeline.

N400 at California SC, Field office- Los Angeles

Sep 3, 2007 Application Mailed
Sep 12, 2007 - Priority date
Nov 9,2007 - check cashed
Nov 20,2007 - NOA1: "expect to be notified within 425 days of this notice",
Jan 10, 2008 - fingerprints appointment (letter lost due to mailing address receipted incorrectly)
Feb 7, 2008 - fingerprints done (took about 10 min - as a walk-in)
Sept 8, 2008 - Interview date (letter received Jul 18) - rescheduled at my request
Jan 6, 2009 - Interview date

*online status "case received Oct 29", no touches showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
almost Feb. Hmmmm, pray for the oath letter to come:D

Folks,

Some of you may already have this information, but here is a complied list for newbies (like myself) and for anyone else. These dates are for Los Angeles based Oath Ceremonies -

Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 9am
Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
Feb 5th - USDC - 75 - 130 pm
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 9 am
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
March 12th - Quiet Cannon - 900 - 9 am
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 11
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 2pm
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 9am
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 130 pm
April 22nd - Fairplex - 7000 - 7 am - 4pm
May 28th - Fairplex - 7000 - 7am - 4pm
July 24th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm
August 28th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm

THIS IS THE LIST SO FAR THAT I COULD FIND. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE THESE AS SOON AS I HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION.

HOPE IT HELPS

thanks jitin711

Folks,

Some of you may already have this information, but here is a complied list for newbies (like myself) and for anyone else. These dates are for Los Angeles based Oath Ceremonies -

Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 9am
Jan 29th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
Feb 5th - USDC - 75 - 130 pm
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 9 am
Feb 26th - LACC - 6000 - 2pm
March 12th - Quiet Cannon - 900 - 9 am
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 11
March 12th -Quiet Cannon - 900 - 2pm
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 9am
March 25th - Fairplex - 3500 - 130 pm
April 22nd - Fairplex - 7000 - 7 am - 4pm
May 28th - Fairplex - 7000 - 7am - 4pm
July 24th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm
August 28th - LACC - 12000 - 9 am and 2 pm

THIS IS THE LIST SO FAR THAT I COULD FIND. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE THESE AS SOON AS I HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION.

HOPE IT HELPS

almost Feb. Hmmmm, pray for the oath letter to come:D

I called the USCIS number yesterday and they said that they cannot confirm if a OL was sent or not. They can only check if such a letter came back to them undelivered. To get more details I should schedule an infopass.

However, on the Infopass reservation page, there was no option for those wanting to get an update on their status.

beacon29,
by Feb 9, it will be 2 months, i think you can complain if you dont receive anything within 90 days?

I called the USCIS number yesterday and they said that they cannot confirm if a OL was sent or not. They can only check if such a letter came back to them undelivered. To get more details I should schedule an infopass.

However, on the Infopass reservation page, there was no option for those wanting to get an update on their status.

I am so glad I found this LA board, I got stats from 2 people (my brother and myself, he is exactly 3 weeks ahead of me). I see others have also interviewed on 12/8 or 12/9. It's important that we update our status as soon as one of us receives an Oath letter.

My bro interviewed on 11/18
I interviewed on 12/9

He received an OL postmarked 12/30, OD is 1/29.
I have not received anything.

Most of us who interviewed in dec have not received an Oath date yet. Regarding infopass, when can you use this? I am interesting in using this to see if I can at least know that I got supervisory approval (not IO approval, I know I got that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing: regarding the online case status, is this even helpful? The only entry for mine is that they received my n-400 app, no mention of the FP and no mention of the interview, both of which have already taken place.

I am going to ask my brother, who has a OD of 1/29, to check his status to see if this is even mentioned on his receipt number. If it doesn't have a mention of approval, or a mention of the oath letter, then I don't see how the online case status helps. If this isn't descriptive, they can't blame us for calling them...

Shall never check the online status, because it won't update anything :)

Another thing: regarding the online case status, is this even helpful? The only entry for mine is that they received my n-400 app, no mention of the FP and no mention of the interview, both of which have already taken place.

I am going to ask my brother, who has a OD of 1/29, to check his status to see if this is even mentioned on his receipt number. If it doesn't have a mention of approval, or a mention of the oath letter, then I don't see how the online case status helps. If this isn't descriptive, they can't blame us for calling them...

I think OL delay is a result of some kind of backlog, both January and February it's 12 000 oaths, but in March drops to 8000, so I am sure majority of people interviewed in December will get oath dates for Feb 26, so no need to worry till about Feb 15-17 when they usually send mail for next month invitations, then I would start calling the 800 # and using scheme (i think it's 1-2-6) get to second level representative - officer - they can see for sure what was sent and when