Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Progress in my case : Oath Ceremony

Here is my time line (N-400, DO : Los Angeles, CA) :

17-JAN-2008 : Application mailed (after 4 years and 9 months of GC)
18-JAN-2008 : Application delivered at CSC
18-JAN-2008 : Priority Date
23-JAN-2008 : Notice Date
15-FEB-2008 : Finger Printing Date
15-JUL-2008 : Notice Date for Interview letter
24-SEP-2008 : Interview Date and Case Approved.
23-OCT-2008 : Oath Ceremony completed.
WSC*002106XXX

Here is my time line (N-400, DO : Los Angeles, CA) :

17-JAN-2008 : Application mailed (after 4 years and 9 months of GC)
18-JAN-2008 : Application delivered at CSC
18-JAN-2008 : Priority Date
23-JAN-2008 : Notice Date
15-FEB-2008 : Finger Printing Date
15-JUL-2008 : Notice Date for Interview letter
24-SEP-2008 : Interview Date and Case Approved.
23-OCT-2008 : Oath Ceremony completed.
WSC*002106XXX
congratulations for your ctizenship .Can you higlight
the questions IO asked about your marriage.I am also going through mariage based ctizenship
did he or she asked tax bills etc...

hi everyone,

just passed my interview yesterday downtown LA.

i went inside the building and went straight to 6th floor. i arrived one hour earlier so the guard told me to come back 30min before my scheduled interview. there are a lot of people inside the room. so i went down and eat something just to pass the time, then went back to the waiting room, place my appointment letter at window 51 and sat down. i waited for about 2hours before my name got called.

the officer is a very nice man. he asked first for my greencard and passport. then ask if i want to change my name. he ask when was the last time i travelled outside the country. then he went down the list of questions from the n400 form. after that the civic questions and then after that ask me to write a simple sentence. all that i think in about 15minutes! then he gave me the approval letter (is that what you call it) and then told me to wait for the oath letter.

good luck to all!!

i'm going to start preparing the forms for petitioning my parents. :)

nfl0res,
Congrats! Myb interview is also coming up soon (Nov 12)... I hope it will go as smoothly as yours....

thanks manlika2004! i hope your case gets an approval soon.

by the way, cellphone is allowed inside. i did not bring my cell coz i thought it's the same rule as in the fingerprinting office.

When is your oath scheduled?

then he gave me the approval letter (is that what you call it) and then told me to wait for the oath letter.

Congratulations nflores!!!

What time was your interview scheduled? I'm just curious because he actually instructed you to wait for the oath letter which is unheard of in this LA thread.

When is your oath ceremony scheduled?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks sirch320!

oh no.. i don't have an oath ceremony scheduled yet. i meant he told me to wait for the oath letter in the mail.. he said most probably the oath ceremony will be scheduled next month.

sorry for the confusion. my interview was at 11am.

I had my interview today at san bernardino office, everything went smooth and the IO was very nice. I was worried because I had to spend 7 months out of the country this year (5 1/2 months and 2 months) I told her the reason was because my father's illness and she said that was a good reason because family comes first, that was very nice of her. she asked me about my marriage certificate, my son's birth certificate and also my husband's certificate of divorce because he was married before. thanks to all of you because of what I read here I took all the documents with me even if they did not asked for them. At the end of the interview she gave me the documetn that shows I passed the interview and also told me to wait for my oath ceremony between 1 and 2 months.

may 28,08 - PD,- check cashed, WSC*002 15 XXXX
june 05,08 - FP letter
june 20, 08 - FP done
aug 18, 08- IL
oct 29, 08- ID

nfl0res,
did the IO ask you which interview exam you prefer? or did he just start asking you questions right away, which set did he ask you?

congratulations, btw. Hope I will have the same outcome as you did!

Received interview letter yesterday. Am scheduled for 1 PM on December 9th. Do they actually look at Income Tax returns? I cannot find my returns for 2002, 2003 and 2004 :( Does IRS send us a copy of the return?

It will send you transcripts, which are just as good. It is free, but you must call them immediately as it takes them a while.

Received interview letter yesterday. Am scheduled for 1 PM on December 9th. Do they actually look at Income Tax returns? I cannot find my returns for 2002, 2003 and 2004 :( Does IRS send us a copy of the return?
The IO did not look at my tax transcripts. I got them to show I never broke residence and I was not happy he did not want them.

My interview is coming up here next week....

Provided the interview goes well, will the IO give me an "approval letter" on the spot or will it be mailed with the oath letter? Are there two seperate documents?

Thanks guys....

They will give you a N-652 (interview results) form right after interview. This will tell you whether you have been recommended for approval or if a decision can't be rendered at that time.
http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_N-652.jpg

Sometimes, the interviewing IO has enough authority to schedule you for an oath on the spot if you have been recommended for approval. The final approval only occurs on oath day when you hand in the filled out and signed oath letter (N-445) (which you receive either on the spot, or later in the mail).