Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Mitilda,
Don't worry about the on-line status thing. It's WAY to early to be looking for and IL notice. My guess is that between October 1 and December 30 they will begin processing June/July priority dates for interviews. There is already evidence of at least one person already getting an interview:
See link:
http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/citizenship-tracker.do

Priority Date: 6/5/2007
Fingerprint Date: 8/8/2007
Interview Date: 8/29/2007

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview passed

My husband and I had interview today at LA distric office. We got the oath letter after an hour.

Mailed 2/15/07
FP Notice Received 3/1/07
FP Appnt Date 3/21/07
Case dissappeared online 6/22/07
Interview letter recieved 6/22/07
Interview Date 8/21/07
Oath Date 9/14/07

Mitilda,
Don't worry about the on-line status thing. It's WAY to early to be looking for and IL notice. My guess is that between October 1 and December 30 they will begin processing June/July priority dates for interviews. There is already evidence of at least one person already getting an interview:
See link:

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Jedi. You always provide useful information to us.:) :) :) :) :)

Mitilda,
See link:

Hope this helps!

Only today I was wondering whether such a site existed - thanks jedi.

And, wow - that guy moved through fast!!

Called FBI: Cleared Fingerprint and Background Checks.

Hi All,

The FBI contacted me at 10:30am today, and informed me that my fingerprints and background checks cleared and were sent back to USCIS on 08/21/2007(same day as fingerprint). They also informed that normal name check takes between 20 and 60 days.

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/02/2007:..................Official Date N-400 Application Received by USCIS/CSC [Day 2]
07/02/2007:..................Priority Date [Day 2]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/20/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Sent from CSC [Day 20]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]
07/25/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Received (with Exception) [Day 25]
07/26/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Sent from CSC [Day 26]
07/28/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Received [Day 28]
08/21/2007:..................Fingerprint Date [Day 52] (Done 10am @ ASC-Fairfax, Los Angeles)
08/22/2007:..................FBI Informed: Cleared Fingerprint/Background Checks sent to USCIS on 08/21/2007-Name Check Pending [Day 53]

Hi All,

The FBI contacted me at 10:30am today, and informed me that my fingerprints and background checks cleared and were sent back on 08/21/2007. They also informed that normal name check takes between 20 and 60 days.

Application Process:
PR Since '86
5/01/07-6/30/07:...........Gathering Info/Docs
District Office: Los Angeles, CA
06/30/2007:..................Mailed N-400 CSC, Laguna Niguel [Day 0]
07/02/2007:..................Official Date N-400 Application Received by USCIS/CSC [Day 2]
07/02/2007:..................Priority Date [Day 2]
07/03/2007:..................N-400 Applc. Rec’d (Rtrn. Rect. USCIS 06/29/07) [Day 3]
07/10/2007:..................Check Cashed (Per Bank Website) [Day 10]
07/20/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Sent from CSC [Day 20]
07/24/2007:..................Application Case Available On-Line (Per USCIS Website) [Day 24]
07/25/2007:..................I-797C Receipt Notice Received (with Exception) [Day 25]
07/26/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Sent from CSC [Day 26]
07/28/2007:..................I-797C Fingerprint Notice Received [Day 28]
08/21/2007:..................Fingerprint Date [Day 52] (Done 10am @ ASC-Fairfax, Los Angeles)
08/22/2007:..................FBI Informed: Cleared Fingerprint/Background Checks 08/21/2007-Name Check Pending [Day 52]

SO you still have name check right? Or is it all done?
And the days of name check is begining frob the priority date?
Actually I live in New Mexico and my service center is TSC, but I cannot find any new mexico post in this forum

Thanks

Yup! I'm in name check as of yesterday. Hopefully, it won't be a problem.
Name Check starts when you submit your name and fingerprints as part of your FP date. I will call after 30 days to see if my name check cleared. If not then I will make and infopass after 59days from yesterday. I was told that it "normally" takes as short as 20 days or as much as 60 days...if your name isn't on a hit list.

Yup! I'm in name check as of yesterday. Hopefully, it won't be a problem.
Name Check starts when you submit your name and fingerprints as part of your FP date. I will call after 30 days to see if my name check cleared. If not then I will make and infopass after 59days from yesterday. I was told that it "normally" takes as short as 20 days or as much as 60 days...if your name isn't on a hit list.

So can we call FBI and check name check status? Is the number as same as fingerprint?
I saw someone said that there is no way to find the status of name check unless you receive IV letter?

Thanks

No. You can only check your background and fingerprint. The office responsible for name checks is no longer communicating directly with the public. However, after 30 or 60 days you can call or make an infopass with USCIS to see if you have cleared name check by very specifically asking about the status of your name check.

There is a way, but what you may find out depends on the length of time you wait after fingerprints. Basically, you have to make an infopass or ask to speak to an IO over the phone. The will then access your records to see if you have or have not cleared name check.

No. You can only check your background and fingerprint. The office responsible for name checks is no longer communicating directly with the public. However, after 30 or 60 days you can call or make an infopass with USCIS to see if you have cleared name check by very specifically asking about the status of your name check.

There is a way, but what you may find out depends on the length of time you wait after fingerprints. Basically, you have to make an infopass or ask to speak to an IO over the phone. The will then access your records to see if you have or have not cleared name check.

jedi

So how is it that the FBI called you? Did you request that or lodge a query? If so how?

jedi

So how is it that the FBI called you? Did you request that or lodge a query? If so how?

Well I think I found the answer - I called FBI on the 304 6255590 number and they said fingerprints checked and returned on 8/21. She told me the background/name check was done by another agency and they don't speak to the public - so I guess I am at the same stage as you Jedi.

I did my FP back in May, and haven't heard a word since. Anyone here in the same boat? BTW I got the same answer on the name check from the FBI. My FP was passed back the same day though. This is really frustating..

Did my FP on 5/24 still waiting for IL

Here is my timeline

04/11/2007 - Mailed my application
04/16/2007 - Priority Date
04/28/2007 - Received the Receipt
04/29/2007 - Received the FP Notice
05/24/2007 - Completed my FP at Santa Ana Center

No movement after that.

UPDATE: as of 9/12/07

09/07/07: Rec'd NOA, N-400 interview date scheduled for 10/03/07. Hooray..we're getting somewhere..

I found out from a friend of mine that I may be rescheduled because they may send me to get a local police clearance record, SO she said it may be a good idea to bring this letter to the interview and they MAY continue..or will send you anyway to get another clearance letter. I went a couple days ago and filled out a local clearance leter request form. They surprisingly didn't take any fingerprints though. They just took a copy of my California Driver's Licence.. Hmm.. They mailed me the local police clearance letter to my house today. It just says that "the search indicates no arrest in the City of *********" "The above polic records check reflects information limited to records within the jurisdiction of the City of ******** and does not address surrounding cities' jurisdictions or the State of California." "This is a name check only and identity in not confirmed bya fingerprint check."

Is this all that is needed..I thought that fingerprints would've been taken to run it through the FBI records. Any info. if this is the norm?

:confused: Same here... I had my FP done (at the L.A. Fairfax Center) last July 6 and it has been radio silence since then... I thought that it was an average of 2 months waiting between FP and an interview letter. Looks like things are changing... not to mention the fact that my case is as simple as it could be :eek: [never been out of the country since I got here, never married, no children, full-time college student, etc.]...

Oh well. Let's just wait and see. :mad:

I recieved my receipt notice and fingerprint notice same day!!!

I am so excited, I got both letters today!!! I can hardly type but wanted to let you all know. After fingerprints I will be going to see my husband finally after 3 years of waiting. He will see his daughter too for the first time.

Check dates below, and I will be trying to do a walk in for fingerprinting, I will let you all know.

I did my FP back in May, and haven't heard a word since. Anyone here in the same boat? BTW I got the same answer on the name check from the FBI. My FP was passed back the same day though. This is really frustating..

I submitted my application 2 weeks before yours and your FP date is earlier than mine, it just seems that they are inconsistant with the timelines. didn't get any letter yet but i am expecting the letter in the next 30-60 days for my interview. that will make it around 7 months process like they post on their website.

04/16/07: Appl. Rc'd-Priority Date
05/30/07: FP Date-Oxnard CA,
00/00/00: IL Rc'd
00/00/00: IL Date
00/00/00: Interview Result (N652)
00/00/00: N. Oath (N445)
00/00/00: Oath Ceremony Date
00/00/00: PP Appl.
00/00/00: VR
00/00/00: PP Rc'd

Fingerprinting Done

Hey all,

I just did my fingerprints, early at a walk-in. It was too easy and I was expecting to get sent away because I had my daughter with me (2 1/2 years old). There were other children in there as well. I read on here that you can't have kids in there. Anyway, they were really nice and it was really fast!