Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Received my oath ceremony notice today. See timeline below.

The process has been entirely pain free thus far. I may be the only one, but I'm surprised and happy about the USCIS efficiency.

Got my Interview Letter

Petition Filed........................: 01/24/07
Priority Date........................: 01/26/07
Check Cashed......................: 01/29/07
Receipt Received..................: 02/02/07
FP Notice Received...............: 02/05/07
FP Done on.........................: 02/27/07
Interview Letter Received on..: 04/27/07 :)
Interview Date.....................: 06/19/07

Same dates for me and my wife.

Petition Filed........................: 01/24/07
Priority Date........................: 01/26/07
Check Cashed......................: 01/29/07
Receipt Received..................: 02/02/07
FP Notice Received...............: 02/05/07
FP Done on.........................: 02/27/07
Interview Letter Received on..: 04/27/07 :)
Interview Date.....................: 06/19/07

Same dates for me and my wife.

Kissan,
Just wounder where your interview will take place ? Downtown LA or El monte ? I heard that El Monte is closed down, is this true ?

Done with the citizenship process

I had my oath yesterday at the LA Convention Center yesterday, I took the green card, oath notice and couple of pictures (just in case) to the oath ceremony. The ceremony was scheduled for 1:00 pm, I reached there about 11:15 am and was out by about 3:00 pm. There were about 4000 people in the ceremony and about another 4000 got naturalized in the morning ceremony.

It's over for me too!

I had my oath yesterday at the LA Convention Center yesterday, I took the green card, oath notice and couple of pictures (just in case) to the oath ceremony. The ceremony was scheduled for 1:00 pm, I reached there about 11:15 am and was out by about 3:00 pm. There were about 4000 people in the ceremony and about another 4000 got naturalized in the morning ceremony.

Hi mant0478,

I was in the morning ceremony. Little over 4000 people got naturalized in the morning. It was some experience. Mexico and Philipines were the top 2 countries in terms of numbers. I applied for my passport at local post office near my residence. It is all done.

Pump

----------------------------------------------------------------
N-400 Timeline
----------------------------------------------------------------
11-10-2006 Mailed to CSC
11-13-2006 Received Date (RD)
11-13-2006 Priority Date (PD)
11-16-2006 Checks cleared
11-20-2006 Receipt Notice Date
11-21-2006 Finger Print Notice Date
11-30-2006 FP Appointment Date
12-10-2006 Finger Printing Done (delayed due to personal reason)
01-30-2007 Interview Notice Date
02-02-2007 Received Interview Notice in the mail
02-04-2007 Case disappeared from USCIS web site
03-15-2007 Interview Appointment Date
03-15-2007 Interview done
03-27-2007 Oath Notice Date
03-29-2007 Received Oath Letter in mail
04-26-2007 Oath Appointment Date
04-26-2007 Oath done
04-28-2007 Applied for passport (Expedited)
TBD Received Passport

Congratulations Pump and I applied for my passport as well on the 26th, after that onto OCI, are you applying for OCI? assuming you are from India..

Hi mant0478,

I was in the morning ceremony. Little over 4000 people got naturalized in the morning. It was some experience. Mexico and Philipines were the top 2 countries in terms of numbers. I applied for my passport at local post office near my residence. It is all done.

Pump

Ladies, what's going on out there? Holla at me women!

A couple questions:

1) Can you schedule oath for same day as interview?

2) What's the deal with OCI? How long is the application process?

Love to all y'all.

will apply for OCI too

Congratulations Pump and I applied for my passport as well on the 26th, after that onto OCI, are you applying for OCI? assuming you are from India..

Yes Mant0478, I am going to apply for OCI too. I am yet to research how to go about doing that.

buddies, has anybody who filed N400 in mid Feb this year got his/her interview letter yet? I filed my in mid Feb and finger printed in mid March, nothing since then and I am a little worring ...

thanks!

Seems like the wait time is around 3 months between PD and interview notice for normal cases (not stuck in name check, etc).

So, don't worry just yet.

Update

Originally Posted by dmontell
Petition Filed..........: 02/01/07
Priority Date...........: 02/01/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/08/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/28/07
FP done on.............: 02/28/07
02/28/07: FP Completed Date (FBI returned results the same day)
Interview...............: 06/26/07
Oath.....................: ?????????

buddies, has anybody who filed N400 in mid Feb this year got his/her interview letter yet? I filed my in mid Feb and finger printed in mid March, nothing since then and I am a little worring ...

thanks!

Typically, you should get your interview letter aound the 60th day after finger printing. Interview date will be about 7 weeks from the date you get your interview letter.

This is just the normal, average timing provided that you don't get stuck in Name Check.

So if you had FP in mid March, expect to get your Interview Letter in Mid May.

Originally Posted by dmontell
Petition Filed..........: 02/01/07
Priority Date...........: 02/01/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/08/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/28/07
FP done on.............: 02/28/07
02/28/07: FP Completed Date (FBI returned results the same day)
Interview...............: 06/26/07
Oath.....................: ?????????

dmontell...
when did you receive your interview letter? when was it dated?
also, is your case disappeared on-line? or still there?
thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Pattern of Interview Questions - effective yet?

Those who were interviewed recently encountered the old style interview questions (from the popular "100 questions" available in many web sites) or the new pattern of questions?

If they are still asking the old style questions, when is this going to change?

I have my interview on June 19th. What type of questions can I expect? The old style or new style?

Thanks,

Kissan.

jjj240

notice date april24, i got the letter yesterday.

there has been no change at all on the website, the case is still pending

Those who were interviewed recently encountered the old style interview questions (from the popular "100 questions" available in many web sites) or the new pattern of questions?

If they are still asking the old style questions, when is this going to change?

I have my interview on June 19th. What type of questions can I expect? The old style or new style?

Thanks,

Kissan.

The "old" style. They have different sheets with 10 questions each. You will get a random 10 questions. I think the new test is still a pilot program They won't change it without sufficient notice on their website.

Question on fingerprinting

Hello All:

Congratulations to all of you on providing very valuable info through this site.This is my first post.

I applied for citizenship in March 2007.Below are my details.

Received date 03/27/07
Priority date 03/27/07
Fingerprinting notice date 04/10/07
Fingerprinting done 04/27/07

I called the FBI number today (05/02/07) and they said "Your fingerprints were processed and results sent back to Immigration.What does that mean ?
Any ideas ? :confused:

It means what they said. The fingerprinting process is usually a breeze. The FBI processes them and sends them back right away. Almost always it's cleared (only exceptions are if you have a crim. record or your prints are unreadable.

If your prints are unreadable, you'll get another notice from the CSC. If not, that part of your application is clear.

Just sit back, relax and wait for your interview letter and hope that you don't get stuck in any name check nightmares.