Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

Hello All:

Congratulations to all of you on providing very valuable info through this site.This is my first post.

I applied for citizenship in March 2007.Below are my details.

Received date 03/27/07
Priority date 03/27/07
Fingerprinting notice date 04/10/07
Fingerprinting done 04/27/07

I called the FBI number today (05/02/07) and they said "Your fingerprints were processed and results sent back to Immigration.What does that mean ?
Any ideas ? :confused:

FBI doesn't give out any more information. They gave the same answer to me after the FP and I got the interview letter on the 60th day after FP. Just be patient. USICS does not update the case status properly.

-Kissan

I finally got my OATH LETTER. SO happy since i had my interview in Jan and it took way too long.

1caliN400: I am going to the same place. what time is yours? I am scheduled for 1 pm for a 2 pm ceremony.

Congrats!!

I'm scheduled for 10:30 (11:30) ceremony. Not sure if anyone who still browses this forum was scheduled in Montebello, but I'm curious about parking. I may take a drive out there at some point...

Congrats!!

Congratulations, wow that was a long wait, were you able to find out why it took so long to get the oath letter?

I finally got my OATH LETTER. SO happy since i had my interview in Jan and it took way too long.

1caliN400: I am going to the same place. what time is yours? I am scheduled for 1 pm for a 2 pm ceremony.

Thank you guys. Not sure exactly what happened but after many calls and an infopass appt and always being told that it is a matter of time, a few weeks back, i was lucky enough to talk to an IO who helped me by sending a message to the DO which seems to have resolved the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just update

Thanks all of you

Got my Oath letter today (05-08-2007).

I passed my Inerview today (04-20-2007).

My timeline

12/20/06: Mailed to CSC
1/4/07: Received 12/21/06 as ND and 12/21/06 as PD
01/10/07: Received "Fingerprinting Notificaiton" with 1/18/07 as FPD
02/20/07: USCIS website enquiry - Case retrieval failed (Hope it indicates that I am going to receive Interview letter).
02-23-2007: Interview letter (IL) receive Date
04-20-2007: Interview Date (Cleared interview)
05-08-2007 : Oath Letter Received
05-30-2007 : Oath Date (Fairplex Building 4 at 12:30pm)
????? : Passport

Interesting points in my interview.

1. Did you get your greencard through employer.

2. When did you leave your employer.

3. Why you worked for the greencard sponsoring company for only 2 months.

Except the above everything is normal.

In fact my time is 1:05pm. But due to traffic jam I was there at the interview room at 1:10pm.

One suggesstion: Don't bring your cell (With cameras) to the interview building.

I will update you once I receive oath letter

Thanks

My PD is Sep 27th 2006 and until now I didn't get my EL yet:confused: . Is that normal?
I am filing on 5 residency!

Last edited by a moderator:
The end is near.

I am pleased to share my N400 timeline with all the anxious petitioners out there. See below:

12/26/06: Sent N400 package to CSC.
01/02/07: Package received by CSC.
01/11/07: Received fingerprint appointment in the mail.
01/19/07: Fingerprints done at Application Support Center in Santa Ana.
04/15/07: Received interview appointment letter in the mail.
06/04/07: Appointment date

To be updated.....

guys, anybody filed N400 to CSC in mid February and got finger printed in mid March has received the interview notification letter? please post, thanks.

Is Santa Ana taking the same time as Los Angeles. My father had his fingerprint taken back on March 10. Still waiting on interview letter.

Is Santa Ana taking the same time as Los Angeles. My father had his fingerprint taken back on March 10. Still waiting on interview letter.

I don't think it's the same. The only thing that's the same is the oath ceremony (because both of them are under the jurisdiction of the US District Court, Central District of California).

I do believe they are different DOs based on the the USCIS website. The Santa Ana timelines seem to be about a month or so slower than the LA ones.

I know that some Santa Ana folks post on this timeline, so you may want to look through it. There is also a seperate Santa Ana timeline. Search for it.

I took an oath as a US citizen today at Montebello. Here's the experience:

I was scheduled for the 11:30 AM ceremony (supposed to show up at 10:30). I got there at 10:15 AM and there was a line atleast 1/4 mile long because they weren't allowing people in yet. Once it started moving, they checked everyone's N 445s and got us in pretty quickly. They took away the Green Card and checked the N445 and then the ceremony started. Fairly quick. The entire ceremony took 30 minutes and they started releasing folks by section to go pick up their certificates. This process was very efficient as they had numerous tables and applicants had to go to a specific table based on their A#.

Overall, there were 2700 new citizens naturalized today in three ceremonies. The top five countries were:

1) Mexico
2) Iran
3) El Salvador
4) Philipines
5) Korea

Some notes about Montebello: Parking is $10, so bring some cash. Guests cannot sit. They only had enough chairs for new citizens, so guests had to stand around the new citizens in the room, so I'd plan accordingly especially if you have children or elderly guests. They hand out voter registration cards and passport applications and also have a booth where you can apply for a passport. Bring a pen if you want to turn in your voter registration right after the ceremony.

Good luck to everyone still waiting here in LA (and everywhere else)!!

Anyone know how long it is taking to get a passport in the LA area if I apply via the post office (expedited)?

I was scheduled for the 11:30 AM ceremony (supposed to show up at 10:30). I got there at 10:15 AM and there was a line atleast 1/4 mile long because they weren't allowing people in yet. Once it started moving, they checked everyone's N 445s and got us in pretty quickly. They took away the Green Card and checked the N445 and then the ceremony started. Fairly quick. The entire ceremony took 30 minutes and they started releasing folks by section to go pick up their certificates. This process was very efficient as they had numerous tables and applicants had to go to a specific table based on their A#.

Overall, there were 2700 new citizens naturalized today in three ceremonies. The top five countries were:

1) Mexico
2) Iran
3) El Salvador
4) Philipines
5) Korea

Some notes about Montebello: Parking is $10, so bring some cash. Guests cannot sit. They only had enough chairs for new citizens, so guests had to stand around the new citizens in the room, so I'd plan accordingly especially if you have children or elderly guests. They hand out voter registration cards and passport applications and also have a booth where you can apply for a passport. Bring a pen if you want to turn in your voter registration right after the ceremony.

Congrats. Got mine to today. Same experience.

Did anyone take as long as over 7 months to get interview letter??? Anyone here applied in Sep, 2006 and got IL yet????? Please shed some light!

Thanks

CSC_AOS:

Thanks and congrats to you too!!

ramek:

Your application may be stuck in a background/security check or because of USCIS stupidity of some sort. I'd schedule an Infopass appointment first to claim why it's taking so long.

Additionally, according to the published information, the Los Angeles DO is processing September, 2006. Once it moves to October, I believe you can call the 800 number and make them send a note to the DO to expedite it.

Good luck!

1) Mexico
2) Iran
3) El Salvador
4) Philipines
5) Korea

Thanks for the info. At the oath ceremony when applying for a passport, can you apply for expedited service if you need it quickly? Or do you need to lodge that application eslewhere?