Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

timeline?

I'll also be there at the 4/26/2007 Oath Ceremony scheduled (LA Convention Center). My N-445 says 1:00 PM.

Does anybody know how long the ceremony should take?

I unfortunately have a trip scheduled for 2 days after this, and need to expedite my passport application. I'm wondering if I can rush to the passport office before they close at 3 pm -- probably not, huh?

hanvan...
could you post your timeline?
thx ;)

Can I get the U.S Passport from India?

After getting the Naturalization Certificate in the Oath, can I take the certificate to India and apply for the U.S Passport at any of the U.S Consulates in India?

The problem is how can you travel to India? As far as I know, once you take the oath, you no longer use the passport of your original citizenship country (unless that country has a dual citizenship provision, where in you can carry the passport of India even after you become a citizen of US). Check with your Indian consulate to make sure you can hold on to the Indian passport once you become a US citizen (after oath).

The problem is how can you travel to India? As far as I know, once you take the oath, you no longer use the passport of your original citizenship country (unless that country has a dual citizenship provision, where in you can carry the passport of India even after you become a citizen of US). Check with your Indian consulate to make sure you can hold on to the Indian passport once you become a US citizen (after oath).

After getting the Naturalization Certificate in the Oath, can I take the certificate to India and apply for the U.S Passport at any of the U.S Consulates in India?

485kim is absolutely right. Once you became a Naturalized US Citizen (Oath and Naturalization Certificate) you are no longer an Indian National. You cannot legally travel on an Indian Passport (even though you have it in your hand). To avoid legal complications (oh yes, there can be many) please apply for a US Passport here and get an Indian Visa (can be attained in one day) before you travel.

DC timeline thread mentioned that USCIS send out IL beginning of each month only. Do we see the similar trend in LA as well? Anybody can comment?

Oath Location in LA missing on maps!!!

Hi,

I got the oath letter instructing me to appear at oath ceremony on April 26th at the following location:

US District Court Central District
1201 South Figuroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Los Angeles Convention Center, Hall

I ran that address on both google as well as yahoo maps. The address search fails on both maps. Apparently, the zip code on the notice form is incorrect. It should have been 90015. The Los Angeles Convention Center has a zip code 90015 and not 90012.

Today I went to check the location with zip code 90015. Apparently, it may be right next to Staples Center on Figuroa St close to downtown LA. But, I am confused whether it is the WEST hall, or the SOUTH hall. The notice does not say anything. I drove around, but could not see the street number on the building.

Does anyone know if that is the right location?

Please help.

This is what I found on convention center web site

Hi,

I got the oath letter instructing me to appear at oath ceremony on April 26th at the following location:

US District Court Central District
1201 South Figuroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Los Angeles Convention Center, Hall

I ran that address on both google as well as yahoo maps. The address search fails on both maps. Apparently, the zip code on the notice form is incorrect. It should have been 90015. The Los Angeles Convention Center has a zip code 90015 and not 90012.

Today I went to check the location with zip code 90015. Apparently, it may be right next to Staples Center on Figuroa St close to downtown LA. But, I am confused whether it is the WEST hall, or the SOUTH hall. The notice does not say anything. I drove around, but could not see the street number on the building.

Does anyone know if that is the right location?

Please help.

Naturalization
Date: 4/26/2007
04/26/2007 12:00AM - 12:00AM

Open to Public: No
Event Type: Assembly
Meeting Rooms: 500 Series
Park in West Hall
213-894-3699 - Frank Galvan
www.cacd.uscourts.gov
Admission: Limited to candidates for citizenship and their guests.

See link below

http://www.lacclink.com/eventcal/Eventdetail.aspx?id=18628

DC timeline thread mentioned that USCIS send out IL beginning of each month only. Do we see the similar trend in LA as well? Anybody can comment?

Looking at the pattern in this thread, it appears that in California(Los Angeles), the interview Letters are sent out on the first week and last week of each month.

CSC interview experience

Hello All,
Another mile stone reached. Had my interview at Santa Ana DO, CA on 04/17/2007. I was called in exactly on time at 2.20 PM. The officer was very polite. Immediately he took my civis test. Here are my 10 questions.
1) What colors are there on the flag - Red, White & Blue
2) Who is the president - George W. Bush
3) What is the minimum voting age in US - 18
4) Who was the president during civil war - Abraham Lincoln
5) Who becomes president should both President and Vice President die - Speaker of the house
6) In which was the constitution written - 1787
7) What amendments of the constitution guarantee rights to vote - 15, 19, 24, and 26
8) How many Supreme Court judges are there - 9
9) Who is Martin Luther King - A civil rights leader
10)Name one benefit of being a US citizen - A citizen can apply for federal jobs, travel with US passport, petition for close relatives to come and live in US.
I got all 10 right. Then the Officer wanted me to write this short sentence on the same paper - " He went to the post office."
He went thru my application and verified my address, my DOB etc. He went to his computer and while browsing his screen ( I could not see what he was looking at as the screen was turned away from me) asked me questions on where I am working, where my husband is working, and how much we are making etc. I answered. He also asked if I was ever arrested, or convicted etc. I said no. Asked if I was in traffic violation. I had a minor speeding ticket recently. Got cleared by attending the traffic school. I showed him the proofs. He said that was okay.
Then he said "Congratulations" and handed me the N-652 and asked me to wait for my Oath letter which would normally take about 2 months.
The whole experience lasted just about 15 minutes. And it was pretty cool.
Here is my time line.

Santa Ana DO, CA
N-400 mailed: 12/12/2006
FP date: 01/03/07
Interview Date: 04/17/2007
Oath Date: ???

Question: Is there a link/way to check where/when the next Oath dates could be?

Thanks and Good luck to you all,
BR2006.

Thanks Jiji240

BTW, when did you get your interview notice letter?

---My interview letter dated February 20, 2007 reached me on Feb 26, 2007. Good luck with your case.---

Just want to update Los Angeles tracker with my details

Thanks all of you

I passed my Inerview today (04-20-2007).

My timeline

12/20/06: Mailed to CSC
1/4/07: Received 12/21/06 as ND and 12/21/06 as PD
01/10/07: Received "Fingerprinting Notificaiton" with 1/18/07 as FPD
02/20/07: USCIS website enquiry - Case retrieval failed (Hope it indicates that I am going to receive Interview letter).
02-23-2007: Interview letter (IL) receive Date
04-20-2007: Interview Date (Cleared interview)
????? : Oath Letter Received
????? : Oath Date
????? : Passport

Interesting points in my interview.

1. Did you get your greencard through employer.

2. When did you leave your employer.

3. Why you worked for the greencard sponsoring company for only 2 months.

Except the above everything is normal.

In fact my time is 1:05pm. But due to traffic jam I was there at the interview room at 1:10pm.

One suggesstion: Don't bring your cell (With cameras) to the interview building.

I will update you once I receive oath letter

Thanks

Oath of 04/26 at LA convention center

FYI .. for those of you having oath on Thursday at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

I made a trip to the L A convention center on Friday to locate parking etc, and the security officers confirmed that the ceremony is going to be held in "West Hall A" (as Pump already mentioned) and the west Hall parking can be accessed from Pico/Cherry Avenue, from Figueroa make a left on Pico and make a right on Cherry to access the parking entrance(you may be able to enter the structure directly from Pico but the entrance was closed when I went there), if the parking structure is full, you can park in the South Hall parking and there is connector thru which you can walk to the West Hall, there are also whole bunch of privately operated parking lots around the convention center but I am not sure whether they will be open.

The location is the same for both 8:00 am and 1:00 pm ceremonies.

Did anyone receive Interview Letter for Los Angeles recently?

Did anyone receive Interview Letter for Los Angeles recently? Please post if you did. Thank you.

Have you received your Interview Letter yet? Thanks,

Petition Filed..........: 02/01/07
Priority Date...........: 02/01/07
Receipt Received.....: 02/08/07
FP Notice Received..: 02/28/07
FP done on.............: 02/28/07
02/28/07: FP Completed Date (FBI returned results the same day)
Interview...............: ?????????
Oath.....................: ?????????

Have you received your Interview Letter yet?

Thanks.