Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

maheshgajanan said:
Good to hear that Anahit!

It is helpful when the CIS gives such specific information i.e. March is full, may be April. Do you know anyone else who was given such specific information? When I was there they just asked me expect call in 60-90 days.

Mahesh
No, I don't. He did tell her that the normal wait is from 60 to 90 days. Then she told him that we're going to travel in June, and the interviewer said that it could come sooner, but March is out of question because it is filled out.
I am just being optimistic. And you should, too. We might be at the same ceremony.

Good luck!

maheshgajanan said:

It is helpful when the CIS gives such specific information i.e. March is full, may be April. Do you know anyone else who was given such specific information? When I was there they just asked me expect call in 60-90 days.

Mahesh

Hi CA guys and N-400 gurus,
I just had my "rescheduled" FP on March 9th, 2005. It was oroginally scheduled for January 29th, but I resquested it to be rescheduled since I had plans to travel overseas. My question is, does this reschduling of finger Printing affect the priority date of my N-400. I'm under the impression that It wouldn't, since it is very unlikely that the case officer had gotten to my file by now.

Here is my N-400 timeline:
1- Sent N-400 package to Laguna Niguel on December 28th, 2004.
2- Received Notice of Action with the PRIORITY DATE of JAN. 3D, 2005.
3- Received 1st FP notice. appointment for January 28th, 2005.
4- Received 2nd FP notice. appointment for March 9th, 2005 (after it wasrescheduled).
5- Had my finger prints taken at EL MONTE, CA. Gravier St. Suite Q on March 9th, 2005.
6- Waiting on interview letter...

Questions:
1- Now, after you guys estimates, can you please tell me when I should expect the interview letter?
2- I read that, for applicants around this area (ROSEMEAD AND neighbouring towns), interviews are scheduled to take place in EL MONTE. Is it that same place where they take fingerprints? If that's the case, since USCIS appoint contractors to take FPs, will they do the same for interviews!!!?? meaning contractors leading interviews "by the book"!! (no grey areas, it is black or white. Yes or No!!)?

Thanks for your answers. and good luck to you all in your interviews?

Abdullah.

abdullah1 said:
1- Now, after you guys estimates, can you please tell me when I should expect the interview letter?
Do not know. I had a complication with my FP.

abdullah1 said:
2- I read that, for applicants around this area (ROSEMEAD AND neighbouring towns), interviews are scheduled to take place in EL MONTE. Is it that same place where they take fingerprints? If that's the case, since USCIS appoint contractors to take FPs, will they do the same for interviews!!!?? meaning contractors leading interviews "by the book"!! (no grey areas, it is black or white. Yes or No!!)?

Thanks for your answers. and good luck to you all in your interviews?

Abdullah.

The interview is at the office on Flair Drive. I believe there is another CIS office elsewhere in El Monte which is probably you had gone for FP. Examiners at the Flair drive office were all CIS employees, from what I could tell.

maheshgajanan said:

Mahesh

Mahesh,

During my interview I was also told to expect the letter in 60-90 days, but I got the Oath letter last week which is exactly 30 days after my interview. My Oath Ceremony is scheduled for March 25th. I believe the next Ceremony Day is on April 29th.

skg99 said:
Mahesh,

During my interview I was also told to expect the letter in 60-90 days, but I got the Oath letter last week which is exactly 30 days after my interview. My Oath Ceremony is scheduled for March 25th. I believe the next Ceremony Day is on April 29th.
skg99,

You're exactly a month ahead of my daughter. Now, I am positive that she will be scheduled for an oath on April 29th (the one on April 21st is too small, just 75 applicants).

skg99 said:
Mahesh,

skg99,

Congratulations on the great news!

And thanks for the update. Like Anahit, I am hoping I will be in the April ceremony as well.

Mahesh

Interview questions

Hi guys,
For those of you who already had the interview, Could you please share your experience? (number of history/civic questions, degree of difficulty..)
Did the officer go over general questions like "why do you want to become a US citizen" , "what do you do for a living" ... "are you still married? .. why did you divorce..?" that sort of questions.
I appreciate it.
Abdul.

Abdullah1
As millions of people here said, they only ask questions from that 100 questions ONLY.
They don't ask any "Whys" you have mentioned. They only make sure that application has your most recent information. If you haven't violate any rules, just chill.

Abdullah,

I was asked questions from the set of 100.
I was also asked about the employer who sponsored my GC and what kind of work I am currently doing. I guess he wanted to find out if I am doing the same kind of job for which the original GC was filed for. So I guess, if I had said I was sponsored by a mechanical engg company but now I running a convenience store, he may have been concerned.
Nothing other than that in my interview.

Mahesh

Thank you Johnny, Mahesh and Amishah. Your reponses are greatly appreciated. I have borrowed Citizenship test materials from the local library. I will also study the 100 questions in the USCIS website, just to make sure they won't pull a fast one on me!.

Here's a Citizenship joke, guys,

An immigrant from Hong Kong is applying for citizenship
in Canada. He is to be interviewed by a Canadian
immigration officer. He does not speak English well and
knows nothing about Canada. Therefore, he invited a
special translator to help him in his interview:-

Officer: Do you know who was the first prime minister of
Canada?

Translator: (told to this man in Cantonese) The officer
asked you, where do you usually go if you want to eat
hamburger?

Man: (answered to the officer) Oh..... McDonald (the
first primeminister of Canada is Sir John MacDonald.)

The officer nodded his head and then asked the second
question.

Officer: Could you tell me which province you're
living in now?

Translator: (said to this man in Cantonese) The officer
just asked you, What is the dirtiest thing in your nose?

Man: (replied to the officer in Cantonese) Ah...... Bay
See (which means nose dirt in Chinese) (The man lives in
the province of British Columbia, commonly known as B.C.)

The officer nodded his head again and asked the final
question.

Officer: Do you know what your privilege is when you
become a Canadian?

Translator: (told to this man in Cantonese) The officer
asked you, how does a dog sounds like when it barks?

Man: (demonstrated the sound to the officer).. Woe, Woe.
(One of the privileges of a Canadian is the right to vote.)

This officer told the man that all the questions were
answered correctly, shook hands with him and congratulated
him that he had passed the interview to be a Canadian citizen.

Cheers,
Abdul.

citizenship application suggestion

Hi Guys,
I am completing my 5 years on 08/18/2005, I am here in LA. As i found from the timeanddate website calculator i should be filing my application for naturalization on or after May 20, 2005. Please suggest if i should file this application by myself or i should go through any channel. My case is very simple but for one situation i am going to have may name change also in the application, please suggest if the name change in the application can cause a delay.

SyedNaqvi said:
Hi Guys,
I am completing my 5 years on 08/18/2005, I am here in LA. As i found from the timeanddate website calculator i should be filing my application for naturalization on or after May 20, 2005. Please suggest if i should file this application by myself or i should go through any channel. My case is very simple but for one situation i am going to have may name change also in the application, please suggest if the name change in the application can cause a delay.
Name change does not cause a delay. File yourself. ;)

Mahesh :
Just curious..did you have any traffic ticket that you have mention in N-400 ? if yes, did he mention anything during interview ? I am trying to figure that does traffic ticket mention also delay the name check process ? any idea ?
Thanks

Just curious..did you have any traffic ticket that you have mention in N-400 ? if yes, did he mention anything during interview ? I am trying to figure that does traffic ticket mention also delay the name check process ? any idea ?
Thanks

You're worrying too much. Traffic ticket does not have to be mentioned on the application. Although some people think otherwise. My husband just filed for his application in November, got interviewed in El Monte in March. No mention of traffic ticket on the application. He did bring all the paper with him in case the interviewer asked about it. Same goes for a coworker of mine who filed hers about the same time and no mention of traffic ticket of her app either. She wasn't asked about it during her interview as well. You could put it on there if you want but I don't think it's going to delay any name check or the application itself.