Los Angeles, CA - N-400 Timeline

How do you guys get through to an IO on 800-number? I tried it twice and both times CSR stopped me with "you're still fine, not outside of processing dates, so just sit and wait." My PD is June 11, 2007...

The CSR will tell you that. What you need to do is talk to an IO to get better information.

Yeah, I understand this part but how do you convince CSR to transfer you to an IO? The two I've talked to were not willing to do so...

Once you get CSR, tell them you've never received a receipt number and that it's been more than 30 days since you applied. This will trigger CSR to transfer your call to an IO.

After seeing davidson5566's post I began checking the mail twice a day and was making plans to call the CIS to see if we could find out if we were stuck in name check, and lo and behold, there it was - sitting in the mail box this afternoon. The IL. We could have filed in Dec, but if we had I don't think we would have received the IL today. I think they are processing July, Aug, Sep 07 with other IOs starting in on 2008.

Good luck to everyone else.

Once you get CSR, tell them you've never received a receipt number and that it's been more than 30 days since you applied. This will trigger CSR to transfer your call to an IO.

Good news! After all, the IL arrived today! Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions. This forum is the best thing ever.

i called 800 number and IO said my ID is Sep 15!!!! yeeeeee!!!!!! and that my IL was sent out 2 days ago (july 15)! I hope everybody with september ID wil fit in those massive oaths in September

i will write more when I get home )))

Congrats! Feliz-LA. Good to hear that you got it. Sad to say I have not yet.

I am still stuck in the dreaded NAME CHECK.

Congrats to Feliz-LA, Manlika2004 and homer96. I'm in the same boat as you, citizen2008, stuck in name check. :mad:

05/16/07 - PD
05/27/07 - CC
06/08/07 - FP Notice sent
06/20/07 - FP Date
06/19/08 - Filed a Service Request ("have to perform additional review" was the reply)
07/15/08 - INFOPASS- background check pending
00/00/00 - IL
00/00/00 - ID
00/00/00 - OL
00/00/00 - OD

Last edited by a moderator:
Progress in my case : Received interview letter

Here is my time line (N-400, DO : Los Angeles, CA) :

17-JAN-2008 : Application mailed (after 4 years and 9 months of GC)
18-JAN-2008 : Application delivered at CSC
18-JAN-2008 : Priority Date
23-JAN-2008 : Notice Date
15-FEB-2008 : Finger Printing Date
15-JUL-2008 : Notice Date for Interview letter
24-SEP-2008 : Interview Date
WSC*002106XXX

Congratulation to you, newlkowale. I just called the 1-800 number and the IO told me that my name check was recently cleared. My case is now in queued for an interview date. The IO said it might take as fast as 7 days or as long as 60 days as the date itself is computer generated. Can esteemed members of this forum let me know me how long that "in queue" might be?

Congratulation to you, newlkowale. I just called the 1-800 number and the IO told me that my name check was recently cleared. My case is now in queued for an interview date. The IO said it might take as fast as 7 days or as long as 60 days as the date itself is computer generated. Can esteemed members of this forum let me know me how long that "in queue" might be?

Since every DO is different it's really difficult to give you a precise date but the IOs timeline does make sense.

Thank you, Bobsmyth. I'm actually very relieve to know that my name check cleared. As long as there is a realistic date, be it 7 days or 60 days longer, I'm OK with the wait. But I hope that interview letter comes sooner rather than later :p

Great news for you. It doesn't matter how long it takes for IL now that you know you are out of Name Check Hell. I was worried about that more than anything. There is no time frame so you can't make any long distance plans. I'm happy it is finally over for you.

hello to everybody. this is my first time in this forum, so please forgive me if im posting this reply in the wrong thread. I got the Interview appointment for Sept 8, but now i recieve a letter telling me that i have an interview with a adjudication officer in two weeks.
The reasons they tell me for the appoint are
1. complete application, petition, or appeal process
2. in regards to your N-400 personal interview.

I was wondering if any of you had recieve the same letter?

i called 800 number and IO said my ID is Sep 15!!!! yeeeeee!!!!!! and that my IL was sent out 2 days ago (july 15)! I hope everybody with september ID wil fit in those massive oaths in September

Hey, what's up with all these July IL and September ID? :D

Congratz Feliz and see you at the Oath ;)

I am not sure if they will approve me after all my absence, I will collect all possible documents to prove my undoubted ties to American Soil :) and hope for the best

Are you considering having attorney with you "just in case/to feel safe/have some legal power with you"? Shouldn't be expensive.

I'm seriously considering it, with my "several" parking/traffic tickets - I didn't put them on N400, per N400 Instruction PDF and Interview Notice Instruction saying "don't worry about traffic tickets not-DUI and/or less 500 fine" but you just never know if you get nice Interview IO or not so nice.

And of course all the letters I sent trying to clear up my namecheck (including LA DO and CSC).

Congrats Manlika and homer! as it was predicted numerous times, once past August 2007 everything should be really fast, so it's nice that at least some sort of logic exist in USCIS

I updated stats with new ILs, please add more news!!! (if I forgot to update somebody's timeline, please let me know)

POCTOB, I am not sure, when I called prices were 800 and +++ just for 2 hours of lawyer time being present at interview, think i'd rather risk and go myself or reapply for 670 bucks, since it has gotten so fast now.

POCTOB, I am not sure, when I called prices were 800 and +++ just for 2 hours of lawyer time being present at interview, think i'd rather risk and go myself or reapply for 670 bucks, since it has gotten so fast now.[/QUOTE]

I am anxious to learn how your interview goes Feliz. I did not know about the six month rule and was out over 170 days once, as well as taking a couple of other trips for 2 or 3 months and I am a little nervous about it. Good luck.