• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Litigation update this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jay yeah i know you can invest with $50 000 its all depend on the type of business man i told you this before,that evrything is base on what you have.stocks or real estates or restaurant.

@Jay you are right 45% of canada are asians especially people from philipines and china who came into canada thru CIAS thru Quebec immigration.As of the weather man it is stilll okay.you need to go to Maryland in US to see hot weather there and sometime Atlanta,while TX is a bit weather like south west Nigeria.

Folopp, it seems that people do not wish to compromise. English proverb says that a bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit. Russian wisdom says: bad peace is better than a good quarrel. However just have to wait what will happen.

The guy who signed affidavit:

http://www.afcea.org/events/homeland/10/documents/AminKirit.pdf

Kirit Amin, Chief Information Officer, Bureau of Consular Affairs and Director
for the Office of Consular Systems & Technology, US Department of State
Kirit Amin serves as the Chief Information Officer for the Bureau of Consular Affairs
and Director for the Office of Consular Systems and Technology (CST) at the US
Department of State. CST develops, installs, provides training, and supports CA’s
information technology (IT) systems dispersed across 270+ worldwide locations.
As CA CIO and Director of CST, Mr. Amin is responsible for all CA IT programs, which
support the agency’s mission of protecting the lives and interests of American citizens
overseas and strengthening U.S. border security. Mr. Amin has a vision for creating a
consolidated person-centric IT environment, capable of adapting to new and emerging
business requirements. The Bureau of Consular Affairs serves as the public face of the
Department of State for millions of United States citizens and foreign nationals around
the world.
Mr. Amin has more than 30 years of experience in the management, leadership,
engineering, design, implementation and direction of large systems integration projects,
including the application of current technology to secure data and network
communications. Prior to joining CST in June 2007, Mr. Amin held key IT management
positions at Nortel PEC Solutions, Vector Research, Inc., and Computer Sciences
Corporation. He is also the founder, former President, and CEO of InfoTec, Inc.
Mr. Amin holds an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from MS University
and received his Executive Master of Science degree in Technology Management from
the University of Maryland. He is married and has a grown up daughter who is an alumni
of Virginia Tech and has followed her father’s path into the Federal IT world.

Yes, I agree, that is strange. Maybe he joined US government closer to retirement age to get good benefits and not to think to much about job anymore.

@jayo2k

Give us some resources and links to back your saying that Canada gives PRs with only high school level education and 3000 or 9000 dollars, I am sure thousands of people would appreciate your guidance.

Just don't repeat that you know people and your people know people, give us solid proof in form of links to CIC or other websites that people could actually use

Amusing! Is this thread really about US lottery visas issues or its neighbour Canada!

There is an online evaluation (at the ambassy, they said that if you pass that evaluation, concider yourself having the PR) in french
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/epi.html

for the money it is even lower than before (when i say that they lowered the requirement, now it is 2800$
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv....al/conditions-requises/lexique.html#autonomie

education
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf
(seuil éliminatoire = minimum requirement)

All in french, if you can understand it...

Now, All thoses super know it all peoples that basicaly know nothing (not you the man I quoted), keep quite... sick of the peoples that knows nothing but yet keep on talking
@jayo2k

Give us some resources and links to back your saying that Canada gives PRs with only high school level education and 3000 or 9000 dollars, I am sure thousands of people would appreciate your guidance.

Just don't repeat that you know people and your people know people, give us solid proof in form of links to CIC or other websites that people could actually use

@jayo2k

Thanks jayo2k for those links. I, too, know many people who emigrated from Asian countries to Canada. 2 of my Taiwanese friends went to college in the USA, one got a job in the US after graduation but since the H1B applicants were so high that year they had to do a lottery for H1B.. and she didn't get it, so she went to Canada, she got her H1B the following year and returned to the US.

My other Taiwanese friend wasn't so lucky in securing a job and moved to Canada entirely.

Another Singaporean friend was laid off from his job in US, moved to Canada temporarily while seeking for another job in the US... Fortunately he found an employer who wanted to sponsor his H1B again, so now he is back in NYC.

I can only provide these anecdotes because myself I have never researched the process to migrate to Canada, but I assume its easier than the US, since most of the people that I know who failed to get into the US would go to Canada instead... or go to Canada as a 2nd choice or temporary place until they get into US permanently.

@tnDV2012 yeah kirit Amin is the CEO of B.C.O The main guy that installed the software of DV2012.But what has he got to do with the computer glitch?

@tnDV2012 yeah kirit Amin is the CEO of B.C.O The main guy that installed the software of DV2012.But what has he got to do with the computer glitch?

he did not test/verify that the software is bug-free. we should sue this guy too.

Looks like he did not immediately participated in this or that project. probably, hired more stuff.

http://stage-v4.federalnewsradio.com/index.php?nid=35&sid=1898354

February 26, 2010 - 5:20am
Kirit Amin is Chief Information Officer for the Bureau of Consular Affairs with the Department of State.

"When it comes to border security, we are the first line of defense," he told conference attendees yesterday. "We issue visas and we issue passports. If we screw up, guess what? We're giving them a legit visa to enter the United States."

He says his systems are all about datasharing, not only with State's 12,000 consular officers all across the globe, but 18,000 Homeland Security officials all around the country...especially when it comes to biometrics.

"Obviously, when it comes to fingerprints, we rely on DHS and the FBI. But we are on the forefront of facial recognition today. We store over 85 million images in our database today."
As an example, he says the "Diversity Visa", which is the lottery system for awarding immigrant visas to enter the United States, is legislatively set to award 50,000 visas yearly. With the advent of new technology and facial recognition software, Amin says State has turned the application process into one performed totally online, even, he says, in consular offices in some of the poorest nations on earth.

I think he is more in charge of the general direction of IT than of particular software development. That gives him ability to sign affidavits and not to be in a position of conflict of interest.

DECLARATION OF KIRIT AMIN

I, Kirit Amin, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746 do hereby declare the following under penalty of perjury:

1. My name is Kirit Amin. I am employed by the US Department of State where I worked since June 2007. I am assigned to the DOS Bureau of Consular Affairs, where I am the CIO to Consular Affairs and Director of Consular Systems and Technology. In that capacity I oversee all systems related operations involving Consular Affairs, including the computer database and selection program used in the 2012 diversity lottery.

2. As a result of my job position, I have become thoroughly familiar with the computer hardware, software and databases that the State Department relies upon to administer the DV Lottery program. I am also familiar with the process by which the software that the State Department used to conduct the DV lottery was written, installed and implemented.

3. As a preliminary step in this yerar’s DV lottery, the State Department operated a website at which aliens seeking a diversity visa could submit petition during a submission period. The submission period this year began on October 5, 2010 and ended on November 3, 2010 (the “Submission period”). Each petition server as a “lottery ticket” in the DV lottery.

4. After the submission period closed but prior to the DV Lottery selection process the State Department sorted the petitions into different world regions and numbered them in a database according to the order that they were received.

5. Because of the way our database’s internal storage optimization algorithms work, the database moved the physical database location of some petitions that were submitted later in the Submission period, totaling about two percent of the total number of entries, so that they were adjacent to records that had been submitted in the first two days of the Submission period. This database optimization occured prior to the Lottery selection and is a standard data storage protocol used by Oracle brand database software. It had nothing to do with the fact that this particular database contained DV Lottery entries.

6. This year, the State Department used a new computer program intended to randomly renumber the DV Lottery petitions.

7. The programmer who wrote the program, however, made an error that essentially rendered the program ineffective. Instead of instructing the computer to renumber the petitions from entry date order to random order as required by 22 CFR § 42.33(c), the computer program simply selected entries in the existing order which was the order in which they entered plus two percent of applicants reordered as part of resulting from database optimization. Thus, the computer program designed to make selection random failed entirely.

8. I am familiar with regulations of 22 CFR § 42.33(c) that requires that the DV entries be “rank ordered at random be a computer using computer software for that purpose.” In computer software the use of term “random” ordering of a list is a term of art that requires specialized software that generates numbers that are mathematically proven to be random. Not only did the software we used fail to randomize the DV entries here, but the two percent of entries who were at the top of list due to database optimization also fails to meet the definition of random in the regulations because no computer software designed for the purpose of randomizing was used.

9. The computer programmer’s error explains why 98% of the lottery “winners” came from October 5 and 6, 2010, with the remaining two percent of the “winners” submitted on other days in the submission period.

10. The State Department made the results of the selection available on its website on May 1, 2011, without realizing that the programmer’s error had failed to randomize the petitions.

11. During the period in May when the erroneous results were posted, 1 940 615 applicants logged on and checked the results. Of these applicants, 22 316 were notified in error that they had been selected.

I declare, under the penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on July 6, 2011.

/s/ Kirit Amin.

Status
Not open for further replies.