Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

Victor3536,

For the New Delhi experience, look up the "Consular Processing(New Delhi)" forum, Page 37.

cpnwd has related his/her experience.

P_L

Originally posted by Victor3536
Guys :

We are not getting any post on experience of CP interview might have taken place in month of April at Mumbai, Delhi & Chennai ..

I don't know if there were any active people from this forum as interviewee ...

I'm eager to see latest experience ..

Hi Victor,

I don't know if you had a chance to look through this, but I'm in the process of compiling delhi interview experiences at : http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119885#post772786

I know these are older experiences, but when I get some time this week, I intend to complete the remaining delhi exp.

Last edited by a moderator:
KD1403

1) When I got the packet 3 letter from Mumbai, it mentioned priority date. What is that?

2) I have sent the original copy of my I-824 receipt with my AC-140 application. I do have a photocopy. Do you think I would have to apply for a duplicate copy of the I-824 receipt for the interview??

amdomd:

1) When I got the packet 3 letter from Mumbai, it mentioned priority date. What is that?

Answer: I checked your previous posting where it says that your case is EB2 and AC I-140 where bmb case number has been assigned. Now why is the consulate sending your packet 3? I am not sure what you mean when you say "priority date" assigned. Explain more. HAve they accepted your case or are they asking for more documents? I cannot say much without knowing details!

==============================================
2) I have sent the original copy of my I-824 receipt with my AC-140 application. I do have a photocopy. Do you think I would have to apply for a duplicate copy of the I-824 receipt for the interview??

Answer: Why do you want to re-apply for i-824? Hold onto your i-824 receipt photocopy.

kd1403 - clarification

My case is AC-140/ EB2 category. Mumbai consulate has accepted my application and assigned BMB case number on 04/08/04. Eventhough I sent them packet 3 along with original application, they mailed me the packet 3. The cover letter read:

The enclosed information is about how to apply for immigration to the United States.
Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully. Your case is filed under your name as shown below. When communicating with this office either by phone or letter, you must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter. If they are wrong or incomplete, please inform us.
Sincerely,
Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch
BMB case number:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Name (P): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Preference category: E2 - IND
Your priority date: 17 Sep 2002
Enclosure packet 3 ( contained DS-2001 & DS-230 part I)

I think this was a generic letter sent to everybody. They did not ask for any additional info or documents. But to be on the safe side I filled out the DS-2001 & DS-230 part I forms again and fedex it. They should be getting them on Monday. I did not see any harm in resending it.

What is this priority date???? Actually I found the answer - It was the date of acceptance for processing of my initial labor certification.

Thanks!!!!

amdomd:

yes do dont need to worrry. You can expect interview in about 2.5 months from teh date bmb number was asasigned to you. Priority date as you mentioned correctly is the LC date. It has no significance at this poitn since all employment based categories for india are CURRENT.

Hi Guys

I have emailed the consulate a week ago to request the June interview due to my wife's pregnancy. But I haven't got any reply so far.

Do you all think .. should I send another reminder ?? or I should not bother them more.

victor:

Since you have already sent them an email with no reply, my suggestion would be to follow up with a phone call referencing the fact that you had sent an email and spell out the details and urgency of your case. May be this would work.

"The quickening"

Called Mumbai consulate today. Gave case number and "the lady" said - call after May 12th. Expect interview in June. All documents in order. We will notify you.

Guys

Called the Mumbai consulate last night but the pserson kept telling me about the PAcket-3 that they have mailed me. I ahve not received it yet.

But when I asked him that I have sent all the necessary papers with the packet that you have received it, then what is that you still need in that packet ? he did not have clear answer.

Then I asked about urgency of my case and email that I have sent to consulate regarding my wife'd preganancy and request of June itnerview. He said, I do not have access to email, if you have sent it they will reply it. Call us after a week to know your interview date and also send us those papers requested in the packet.

I'm really confused, at one point I think this is just a routine formality to send everyone a packet with information request once they enter the case in their system. However, on the other side, when I speak to these people on the phone it sounds like they need these papers back in order to give an interview date.

However, my attorney keep telling me that do not worry about this packet as we have sent all the information to them. Just wait for your date.

Let's see what happens ...

Originally posted by Victor3536
Guys

Called the Mumbai consulate last night but the pserson kept telling me about the PAcket-3 that they have mailed me. I ahve not received it yet.

But when I asked him that I have sent all the necessary papers with the packet that you have received it, then what is that you still need in that packet ? he did not have clear answer.

Then I asked about urgency of my case and email that I have sent to consulate regarding my wife'd preganancy and request of June itnerview. He said, I do not have access to email, if you have sent it they will reply it. Call us after a week to know your interview date and also send us those papers requested in the packet.

I'm really confused, at one point I think this is just a routine formality to send everyone a packet with information request once they enter the case in their system. However, on the other side, when I speak to these people on the phone it sounds like they need these papers back in order to give an interview date.

However, my attorney keep telling me that do not worry about this packet as we have sent all the information to them. Just wait for your date.

Let's see what happens ...

Victor

Do not panic! I understand your situation and would be in similar frame of mind if it happened to me. But wait for the Packet 3 and make sure that everything in the packet is regular stuff. Most likely that is the case.

Remember that most of the consular processing applicants are family-based ones and the consular procedures are set up for them. Thus the packet 3 mailing to EB CPers inspite of sending the docs in advance. Most of the consular people on the phone may not appreciate the difference till you get packet 3 and then call them for interview details. This is after assuming that no extra information is sought in P3. If it has DS 230 forms and regular information for CPers, it will not pose any problems.

But call them after receiving P3 to change your interview date.

Good Luck and relax!

KAT02.

victor:

i concur with kat02. dont stress yourself. wait for a week and you will have your answer.

KAT02

Thanks for your reply. Your statement regarding difference in family and employement based immigration does make sense and that they do not know the difference so send the packet to every case number created.

I try not to panic. But these are just simple reactions..

We will see what happens ..

Thanks

Kd , also thanks for your previous reply ..

GC Category

raj1305
What is your EB category for GC? The reason is that my Packet 3 (AC-I140 case) was sent in the 1st week of March, and my lawyer says she still hasn't received any emails from Mumbai consulate.

Your case is sent later and still got email in 12 days, so I am wondering if there is a difference based on the category.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Aprilfool

My category is EB3 RIR . I have applied for my ACI140 at Mumbai.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Recieved BMB case# from Mumbai Consulate 04/05/04.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Raj

Hello Everyone!!!

I recieved a reply from Mumbai consulate.

Apparently my wife's exam was a valid reason. They have accepted my request to postpone the interview date to July.

They have replied in a one liner email after 5 days saying that they will schedule my interview between July15th and July 30th.

That makes things easy for me and I can plan around that.

I hope this helps someone else who is trying to reschedule their interview date.

raj1305

It has been more than 2 weeks since I have sent an email to consulate to consider my request for June interview based on reason of my wife's preganancy. I have not heard back from me. What email address did you email on ?..did you use diffrent email than Mumbaiiv@state.gov

I'm trying to draw a conclusion here that whether my request is not accepted so they did not bother to reply or it is accepted and anyway I would know when the dates for June will get published so they did not bother to reply.

I know there is no point speculating ....but you can't resist yourself without thinking all these pointless stuff...

Victor

I have written to the same email id as u specified "mumbaiiv@state.gov".

After i wrote to them i called them twice, Whatever i wrote in the email I explained the same to the lady on the phone. She asked me to wait for an email reply, she ensured me that they will reply to my email and also told me that they will try their best to meet my request. Then i got a reply within the next two days.

So i would suggest that u follow up ur email with a call and pretty much after that they will reply to ur email. I think its just a matter of time for them to get to your email. So just hold on tight and they will reply to ur email request.

I hope the best for u,

Regards,
Raj

Waiting for Case # & interview date

Hi all,

I am presently waiting for my Case # to be created, and interview to be scheduled.
---------------------
Category EB3 - RIR
I-140 Approval Date: 3/15/04
I-824 Applied: 4/14/04
I-824 Receipt received: 4/28/04
AC-I140 sent to Mumbai consulate:4/30/04.

I have the following questions related to (additional) documents to carry for the interview:
1.) Do I need the original work experience letters used for LC, or will copies do?
2.) Is a copy of the I-140 petition necessary? Also, are company brochures, company tax retuens necessary (tax retuens are included in the I-140 petition)?
3.) Will the consulate return the DS-230 Part1 I sent with the AC-I140 packet, so I can have it for my interview? Or will they have it in my file during the interview - in which case do I need to get a copy from my attorney?

Thanks.