Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

run4hlth said:
Hi all,

I am presently waiting for my Case # to be created, and interview to be scheduled.
---------------------
Category EB3 - RIR
I-140 Approval Date: 3/15/04
I-824 Applied: 4/14/04
I-824 Receipt received: 4/28/04
AC-I140 sent to Mumbai consulate:4/30/04.

I have the following questions related to (additional) documents to carry for the interview:
1.) Do I need the original work experience letters used for LC, or will copies do?

{These are just supporting documentation that you would carry, and
normally not asked for at the time of interview. If you do not have
the originals (?) then carry the copies}

2.) Is a copy of the I-140 petition necessary? Also, are company brochures, company tax retuens necessary (tax retuens are included in the I-140 petition)?

{The I-140 copy again falls into the support docs. category. However
it is advisable to carry the original or a copy . Company information
also falls into the same category. The Attorney should have the
original I-140 approval, unless it is sent to the Consulate, in which case
carry a copy}
3.) Will the consulate return the DS-230 Part1 I sent with the AC-I140 packet, so I can have it for my interview? Or will they have it in my file during the interview - in which case do I need to get a copy from my attorney?

{Carry the copy of the DS 230 Part I that you have submitted earlier or
fill a fresh form with the same information and carry it to the interview.
They should have it on file, but sometimes they do ask for it. }

Thanks.

{my responses}

Raju

Interview date

Just came to know that my interview has been scheduled on June 18th 2004. :) :)
Planning to fly on June 12th...for a long month's vacation to India.

uvwxyz,

Best of luck on the interview, though i hope you have prepared thoroughly and will not need any.
Send us the good news after the interview, ASAP, along with your experiences.

P_L

uvwxyz,

How did you come to know of your interview ? Did you call them or is it already published on the website ?

Victor3536 said:
Alren

I see your P-3 was received on 4/10 at BMB. But do you know what date was your case # created ?

Thanks

No idea on niether when it was recd. nor when when it was created.

NVC sent on 3.25. I was finally able to talk to consulate at 4/14, with the holiday before, I estimated the case being recd./created 4/10.

Congrates

Alren,
Congrates, we are very close to each other..When are you planning to fly ?
What deal you are getting for the air fare? Its going to be a very expensive trip as we are flying during the peak season.. :cool:

alren said:
uvwxyz, victor

Was able to talk at 3:00 last night!

Myself on 22nd ....

uvwxyz said:
Alren,
Congrates, we are very close to each other..When are you planning to fly ?
What deal you are getting for the air fare? Its going to be a very expensive trip as we are flying during the peak season.. :cool:

Not decided yet. Most likely the week of 6/12. I'm actually thinking 6/16 reaching 6/17. Meds 6/18.

I checked your cptracker. It seems BMB is going LIFO (Last in First Out) :D

Alren, uvwxyz

What deal are you guys getting on air fare ? I called few agency and I'm getting somewhere around 1350 to 1500 for BMB.

I'm planning to travel in 1st or 2nd week of June regardless of my interview date being on June or July. Becose I have to come back in July due my wife's condition. If they give me June, Great !! If not, I'm hoping atleast July and in that case I will stay until the interview and come back as soon as interview is done, hoping there will be no admin check on my case. Other wise I will be screwed. ..

Victor3536 said:
Alren, uvwxyz

What deal are you guys getting on air fare ? I called few agency and I'm getting somewhere around 1350 to 1500 for BMB.

1350 is a steal. What airline are you getting?

Regarding Tickets

HI Everyone,
We purchased tickets for my wife at 1400/-. She is traveling in MAY by lufthansa. But she is travelling till Bangalore. Uptil Bombay the fare is 1307/- Tax included. We purchased my ticket at 1437/- I am travelling in JULY. The travel agent is alanitatravel, their site is www.alanitatravel.com.

They have deals going on Northwest airlines. The fares are pretty cheap. although subject to availability i guess.

Outbound Travel 12 April 2004 to 31 May 2004
Inbound Travel 28 April 2004 to 10 Aug 2004
Travel must be completed by 10 Aug 2004

Tickets must be purchased today by 2:00 p.m

We couldnt use this deal since we are returning after aug10th

Hope this helped someone.
Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
victor:

you may want to check with an attorney what happens if you get your GC thru CP while your spouse is in usa? Coz if she is on h-4 and you get your GC then I am under the impression that it could coz a problem for her. So my advise is to postpone it altogether for a later date if your wife cannot attend or both should attend. But do consult a good attorney.

Kd,

My wife is on H-4. Actually, both of us are going for an interview but it is good for her that we come back by end of July that's what doctor says. So I'm hoping that I will atleast get a July interview.

My initial plan is if I get June interview than go a week before an interview and get over with it and then stay about 3-4 weeks and come back in Mid july.

So we will see what date I get ..

uvwxyz said:
i called up last night...

Hey uv,

What time did you hook up with BMB?

There were a lot of wierdthings happening. Some of them ...
  • Verizon number you are trying to reach is no longer in service :(
  • In Hindi - You do not have outgoing call facilities from this number :mad:

Am calling Mulder and Scully in a moment ... :rolleyes:

Thats funny

I actually started trying at 12:10AM and got connected in 5 mintues after 10-15 redial attempts. I used 10-10-719 and the number. Its really frustrating, In past it has happened that I got connected and transferred to the customer rep but nobody picked up the phone. :mad:
Anyways I dont think we need to call them again....
Today What's driving me nuts is the tickets. :( :( No tickets are avaiable right now...
My travel agent is still looking..

alren said:
Hey uv,

What time did you hook up with BMB?

There were a lot of wierdthings happening. Some of them ...
  • Verizon number you are trying to reach is no longer in service :(
  • In Hindi - You do not have outgoing call facilities from this number :mad:

Am calling Mulder and Scully in a moment ... :rolleyes:

Transit visa questions

Do we need a transit visa while coming back, as the consulate will cancel our Non immigrant visa .. please share the experiences.
:confused:

uvwxyz said:
Just came to know that my interview has been scheduled on June 18th 2004. :) :)
Planning to fly on June 12th...for a long month's vacation to India.

Hi UV...,
My case also fall under AC-140 categoty and my papers are sent to consulate on 04/30/04 but I haven't received any information about the interview, if I try to call them then what reference we need to give and how did you make things going, can you give some details including phone number ??

Thanks