Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

May Interview List

I had read earlier that if you cut and paste the interview list in MS Word and search for your case number then it will be listed twice if there are 2 applicants(primary and spouse). In our case it's listed only once. Is that a problem?
I don't see any case numbers listed more than once.

Re: May Interview List

Originally posted by ash1234
I had read earlier that if you cut and paste the interview list in MS Word and search for your case number then it will be listed twice if there are 2 applicants(primary and spouse). In our case it's listed only once. Is that a problem?
I don't see any case numbers listed more than once.

I got one case # for me and my wife - AC140 @ Mumbai. No problems during interview.

From what I have seen, EB1 & EB2 cases have 1 case # for all applicants, EB3 cases at times will have case # for each and Family based ones have case # for each applicant by default. This is not based on any research but a general perception.

In any case you should be fine.

KAT02.

ash:

Answer: You are right if you save the interview page in Edit in Windows Word or save in Word and then open you should notice your case number repeating if there are primary and dependents on that case number. I know it was this way during the last quarter of 2003. I am not sure if has changed. You may wish to call the consulate to reconfirm that you and your dependents have been scheduled for the interview. I am assuming you had filed your dependents ds 230 part i individually along with you application

Yes, we had filed DS-230 for the dependant. So I am not worried. But I will still call them to confirm.

BTW - I am leaving for India on Tuesday(4/20/04) with our daughter and my husband is leaving on 7th May. Alanita Travel has good deals going on if anyone is interested. There website address is http://www.alanitatravel.com/

"1. In case of AC I-140 the consulate first verifies if the applicant is eligible for Mumbai consulate. "

Since my H1B1 visa is issued from Mumbai and I am from AP state,I am seeing is there any other way to prove the Mumbai consulate that my AC-140 can be accept at Mumbai consulate.

One thing is I can use my friends address in Goa,but what else can we do??, Can we buy some cetificates in India or prepare some documents to prove that we belong to Mumbai consulate area??...I know its a big risk....but what else can we do?? for my AC-140 to be accepted by the mumbai consulate??

ash:

YEs do not worry. I think they may have changed the way the consulate lists the case numbers when in EDIT mode. I tried today and there were no duplicate bmb number for May which is unlikely. I would not worry but once you reach aapli mumbai do call the consulate as soon as possible to confirm that interview is scheduled for the primary and all the dependents for whom ds230 part i was filled. All the best and we are eager to hear your cp success story soon. Take care. I am sure your daughter will enjoy all the attention she is going to get from relatives in india.:)

tagore:

All things aside, if i were you i would try ac i-140 with chennai consulate. If applciation is rejected which is quiet likely then apply to mumbai based on chennai rejection and previous h-1b stamping from mumbai. This is easier and more legal way of doing it rather than manipulating addresses to get an interview in mumbai just for ac i-140.

Kd,

How may months does it take for my to apply for AC-140 and know the result if the Chennai consulate has accepted my application or not??

kd1403

1) Could you please tell me how to get FBI clearance check. The earlier link that you gave me takes me to some threads which dicusses the issue but does not specify as to how its done.

2) How many days should i plan to stay in mumbai for the interview? How many days before the interview should one reach to do medicals, photos, etc????

Last edited by a moderator:
amdomd:

1) Could you please tell me how to get FBI clearance check. The earlier link that you gave me takes me to some threads which dicusses the issue but does not specify as to how its done.

Answer: That link had another link which had details. Here it is ...
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106746

==============================================
2) How many days should i plan to stay in mumbai for the interview? How many days before the interview should one reach to do medicals, photos, etc????

Answer: Upto you. Do medicals at least 3 or worst come worst day before (but avoid day before coz you are cutting it too fine) working days prior to cp interview date. Plus 1 day after the cp interview for just in case contingency. So about total of 4-5 working days from day of the medicals until day after interview.
==============================================

I just sent you a PM please take a look at it.

tagore:

How may months does it take for my to apply for AC-140 and know the result if the Chennai consulate has accepted my application or not??

Answer: About 6 weeks plus/ minus 1 week. And same time if you try to apply at mumbai after chennai AC I-140 application rejection.

kd1403

Reading all the posts, there does not seem to be any advantage in getting an FBI clearance check prior to leaving. The name check seems to be random and not across the board for everybody. In case they need to do that - they run it even if you have the FBI clearance. So the only purpose it seems to have is give U peace of mind till the interview.
Any thoughts????

amdomd:

I totally concur with your thoughts. Even if you get the fbi clearance the consulate has the discretion to re-run the fbi check despite you having the clearance on hand.

What i suggest folks is one of 2 things:

1. Get FBI check done prior to interview for one's own satisfaction if that's what you want. Do not expect the consulate to accept the fbi clearance check that you have carried for them. They may , they may not accept it (more than likely will not accept it).

OR

2. Not worry about it since this check is random and just takes about 3-4 weeks to get the clearance. SO not worth the hassle.

If you ask me, i did not carry the fbi clearance with me for my interview.

Called Mumbai Consulate

For folks who are interested in calling Mumbai consulate, I tried 30 mins at 12:00AMEST on 91 22 23637407 without any luck. Then I tried the main number and came to know there is another number for VISA enquiries. The number is 91 22 23637408. And got through it in 2 attempts.

My case is entered in their system. Hopefully will get a June interview.

:cool:

Yes that is true that 7407 and 7408 are the 2 numbers for immigrant visa related questions @ Mumbai USA consulate.

Re: Visa fee increase??

Arlen,
It is strange that the news is only on rediff, Nothing is there on Mumbai consulate website. The fun never ends. Lets see what the May candidates figure out..
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by alren
The May guys,

I do not know if this will affect you but ...

http://us.rediff.com/money/2004/apr/20us.htm

Also, please do not forget to post your findings (now, before and after the interview)

alren:

I still do not know what will be case for people who've already paid the fees.

Answer: I am still trying to get the correct answer. But here is my take on it:

* Those appearing for ONLY AC I-140 immigrant visa interview (not regular CP interview) and ANY non-immigrant interview on or after 5/1/04 will pay the increased fees

* Those folks pursuing regular CP and make NVC fee payment on or after 5/1/04 will be affected by increased fees. Regular CP folks who have made payment on or before 4/30/04 and attend interview later should not be affected.