Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

gcbad:

Among the list of documents listed there is a bullet for "Any other doc/paper related to INS/BCIS approvals"
I assume this means the labor approval, I 140 approval right. Since it was so open ended thought I would clarify the point.

Answer: YES...i meant any immigration related approval papers/ visa stamps related to non-immigrant as well as immigrant visas.

My Mother-in-law will be going to the Consulate later this week to pick up our appointment letter. Does she need anything from us or they will give it to her with just the case number. Also what are the timings to pick up the letter.

Guys,

Called the consulate yesterday to get my case #. But it has not been entered in the system, I guess.

My DHL tracking number shows that it has been delivered to them on 5th April.

How long usually it takes them to assign the case number after receiving the packet ?

Looking at Raj, I'm hoping that they would assign a # to my case this week sometime, hopefully.

Also, I need your opinions or following as well.

My wife is preganant and looking at current pace I guess I may get June interview or July. July probably would be late for my wife. Do you all suggest that I should email the consulate once I get my case # to give us June interview or wait until they assign a date to my case #?

I'm confused. Also, how do you email the consulate, is there a specific person (Consulate officer) that one emails or is there a generic email address.

Appreciate your opinions.

Thanks
Victor ..

ASh, Congratulations .. on getting an interview, one final lap to go ..

victor:

How long usually it takes them to assign the case number after receiving the packet ?

Answer: It can take upto 3 weeks after courier has delivered your AC I-140 packet to assign a case number.

==============================================

My wife is preganant and looking at current pace I guess I may get June interview or July. July probably would be late for my wife.

Answer: June is optimistic. July is realistic.

Do you all suggest that I should email the consulate once I get my case # to give us June interview or wait until they assign a date to my case #?

Answer: This is your decision to make. There would be nothing detrimental. At most they would come back and say that you will get July interview which you could reschedule to a later month.

I'm confused. Also, how do you email the consulate, is there a specific person (Consulate officer) that one emails or is there a generic email address.

Answer: Generic email address which is: MumbaiIV@state.gov

my H1B1 stamping for the first time in India was given though Mumbai as I was working in Mumbai for 2 years but now the company is closed in mumbai and my place of birth and education and residence is from AndhraPradesh.. Am I eligible to apply for consular processing at MUMBAI ...thorugh Attorney cerified(AC-140) or I-824???

Pleace advice

tagore:

No one really knows how Mumbai consulate would treat this as. Normally the consulates are known to schedule interview based on the permanent address in primary candidate's passport. If the address in the passport falls within the mumbai consulate jurisdiction then they will accept the case not otherwise.

There is no harm trying mumbai consulate based on h-1b stamping from mumbai or if your spouse falls under mumbai jurisdiction you can pursue that way.

BMB case number assignment

Hey gcbad,
here is the specifics for my case:
Packet 3 received by Mumbai consulate by fedex on 04/07/2004 at 10:45 AM.
BMB case number assigned on 04/08/2004 and e-mail sent to my lawyer same day.

amdomd

[Hey gcbad,
here is the specifics for my case:
Packet 3 received by Mumbai consulate by fedex on 04/07/2004 at 10:45 AM.
BMB case number assigned on 04/08/2004 and e-mail sent to my lawyer same day.]

Damn: That's terrific fast .. How did you do that .. They received mine on 5th april and as of yesterday ..they did not find my name on the system.

Victor

AC-140

BMB case number for AC-140 assigned on 04/08/2004 and waiting for interview date.
Questions:
1) Do you think early july would be a reasonable and realistic expectation for interview date?
2) PCC was issued by Chicago Indian Consulate on 11/18/2003. Will that document still be valid till July 2004? Although I did send it with my packet 3 to Mumbai Consulate this time!!!!!
3) How do I get an FBI clearance letter?
4) H-1B visa expiring 06/30/2004. Applied for 6th year extension through premium processing and awaiting approval. Original H-1B visa issued by New Delhi Embassy. Once I get approval notice should I get H-1B visa stamped on my passport at Delhi before going for interview to Mumbai???

Thanks in advance!!!!

Victor3536

Sent package through Fedex as per kd1034's instructions and list of documents to send. Thanks to kd1034!!!!!!!

Kd

Thanks for your reply. It's weird the way they answer the phone at embassy in Mumbai. One indian lady picked up and was not even ready to answer properly.

Did anything specific that you have to say for asking the case number ? She asked me what category, I said EB-3 , she replied, "What's that ?" I said it is employment based IV application. CAn you see in the system. After 5 minutes ..she said I don't see you name.

VIctor

Originally posted by ash1234
Victor,

I got my case number by calling the US Consulate in Mumbai. It took them 4 weeks to create our case. You can call them at 91-22-23637407. It's fastest to connect at 9 am IST.

I called the consulate yesterday to get our interview date. They said its not been finalized yet. I am planning to call again later this week.
Even Amolnaik is expecting his interview in May. I don't know of any others expecting interview in May.

Ash

Ash,
I tried calling the number you have listed above. But I never mamaged to get to speak to any live person. In fact I could get through a couple of times but after listening to all the options but not a single option about speaking to anybody. I heard only one option about calling between 2-4 IST to speak to someone.
Help me here, am I missing something here. I was hoping to get my case number as you have mentioned.

Thanks.

Victor,

You have to just give your first name and last name and if they have the case number they will give it to you.

gcbad,

Maybe you are not calling at the right time. Try calling after 11:30 pm EST. Also the embassy is closed tomorrow(wednesday) so you won't be able to get thru tonight.

Ash

amdomd:

1) Do you think early july would be a reasonable and realistic expectation for interview date?

Answer: Difficult to say early or late july. But more than likely it will be in july and generally consulates TRY to schedule cp interview for employment based cp who are flying from usa on or after 10th july unless you have specifically requested a date prior to 10th of that month. This is not a hard and fast rule but a general understanding giving folks in usa enough tie to wrap things up and head for hte interview.

2) PCC was issued by Chicago Indian Consulate on 11/18/2003. Will that document still be valid till July 2004? Although I did send it with my packet 3 to Mumbai Consulate this time!!!!!

Answer: Your current pcc is not valid and will not be accepted 100%. You have no option but to apply for another PCC as soon as possible without further delay so that you get it in time for your interview. Inform the chicago consulate that you had previously got a pcc and need another one since it has expired now as for cp interview in india is concerned and see if they are willing to expedite the process this time else it may still take 40 days.

3) How do I get an FBI clearance letter?

Answer: REfer this link for details and the sub links in that poipsting will giev more details on fbi check:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108869&highlight=fbi+admin+check

4) H-1B visa expiring 06/30/2004. Applied for 6th year extension through premium processing and awaiting approval. Original H-1B visa issued by New Delhi Embassy. Once I get approval notice should I get H-1B visa stamped on my passport at Delhi before going for interview to Mumbai???

Answer: No need to get h-1b stamping. But if you are travelling on h-1b approval paper with an expired usa visa stamp in your passport which means you are flying out of usa on or after 7/1/04 on route to india via europe then you may need a TRANSIT VISA of the country where you are landing in europe even though you do not leave the airport. Currently UK, France, Germany, Switzerland required transit visa. When you are ready to fly and if you are flying on or after 7/1/04 then check with the consulates of those countries in usa to find latest transit visa rules.

victor:

I concur with ash. All you need toprovide is your first name and last name as it appears on your gc papers. Inform the person in mumbai that this is regarding a case forwarded to the consulate from nvc regarding employment based immigrant/ gc process. Do not use terms such as IV since these folks are mere telephone operators and not consular officers who understand acronyms. Try again!

Originally posted by gcbad
Ash,
I tried calling the number you have listed above. But I never mamaged to get to speak to any live person. In fact I could get through a couple of times but after listening to all the options but not a single option about speaking to anybody. I heard only one option about calling between 2-4 IST to speak to someone.
Help me here, am I missing something here. I was hoping to get my case number as you have mentioned.

Thanks.

I'm facing the same thing in last 2 days. Same was the case last week. I've been trying from 11:00 EDT to 12:30 EDT, no luck.

ash : What holiday was there on Wednesday?