Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

I-134 question

Do I fill out I-134 for both myself and my wife or just for my wife. Daughter is an American passport holder and I presume she does not need one.

Srisubra

Birth certificate question

Both my wife and I have different spellings for our name than those listed in our birth certificate. I had read from one of Kd's earlier posts that we need two affidavits for BC. My father is no longer alive and i was wondering whether I would still need two affidavits or one from my mother would be enough.

Srisubra (again):)

Originally posted by ash1234
The more we think about it more it seems like not a good idea to give any reason to schedule the interview in May. When we have waited for so many years 1 more month will not make any difference. We will just wait for June interview date.

I'm glad that you decided to chill out. I feels sometimes things are just destined to happen as and when they are to happen.

BTW, how are you able to get hold of the consulate so repeatedly. I'm trying since 2 days. No luck. Once, automated system put me on hold and then it did'nt go anywhere. ....

info requested on AC140 package

Hello everybody...
I have applied for 485 at NSC but am now planning to switch to AC140....this forum has been extremely useful throughout my GC process till this point...Infact I came to know about AC140 from this forum and educated regarding the same to my lawyer...she is not very familiar with AC140 process...and probably I might be her first case...Please help me with the following questions:

1. I have read the info regarding the preparation for interview summarized by kd1403 & alren....and it is very useful...

however at this first stage of AC140, I am trying to find the documnets to be send to Mumbai consulate in AC140 package...please direct me to some link which states all the documnets to be send in AC140 package.....I will be sending I824
next week...while waiting for the receipt I will be getting package ready...

Also regarding PCC, what form & documnets I need to send to Chicago (as I am from Michigan)...I understand from the posts is that original passport is not needed at the begining..as my wife is in India and I dont have her passport...but do have photocopy...

Gurus, please help me out here...

Thanking you all....

All:

FOr those expecting mid June to mid July interview, I would advise you to check with your travel agents for tickets since they ae not readily available. Hold the tickets but don't buy them until your interview is confirmed.

My case was sent to Consulate

Hi Guys,
My case got sent to consulate yesterday on 4/8/04. So now just wait to get the interview date. We are ready with all the documents. I am hoping to get interview date in June but you never know it may be July:rolleyes:
Now a days more and more people are either doing CP or AC140. I just counted the number of interview scheduled in April which are employment based and there were almost 45 cases. Some 4 months back the number used to be less than 15.
Well keep the thread updated with new information....
Kd , thanks for your input on the ticket stuff. I did checked with my travel agent, The guy was saying I cannot hold the ticket for more then 3 days so call me only when you get the exact interview date.
Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
uvwxyz:

Normally travel agents let you hold for 30 days... assuming you are flying 2 months out. Not sure where the 3 days rule comes from...! Check alanitatravels.com ( i have no connections with this site ...just a suggestion). I think they let you hold for 2-3 weeks!

Re: info requested on AC140 package

Originally posted by immiadvice
Hello everybody...
I have applied for 485 at NSC but am now planning to switch to AC140....this forum has been extremely useful throughout my GC process till this point...Infact I came to know about AC140 from this forum and educated regarding the same to my lawyer...she is not very familiar with AC140 process...and probably I might be her first case...Please help me with the following questions:

1. I have read the info regarding the preparation for interview summarized by kd1403 & alren....and it is very useful...

however at this first stage of AC140, I am trying to find the documnets to be send to Mumbai consulate in AC140 package...please direct me to some link which states all the documnets to be send in AC140 package.....I will be sending I824
next week...while waiting for the receipt I will be getting package ready...

Also regarding PCC, what form & documnets I need to send to Chicago (as I am from Michigan)...I understand from the posts is that original passport is not needed at the begining..as my wife is in India and I dont have her passport...but do have photocopy...

Gurus, please help me out here...

Thanking you all....

immiadvice

Go through this forum. You will find most of the information. Also, check out the following link.

http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/ac140.html

Feel free to post any questions you may have after this.

Good Luck

KAT02.

Just got e-mail from my lawyer that Mumbai consulate has my application and has assigned a BMB case number 2 days back - EB2 & AC-140.
What happens next???? How long is the wait from this point onwards? Does everybody have to go through FBI name check or is it done at random? Does getting FBI name check clearance before one leaves the US help?????

Genral question related to CP

Hey folks,

I renewed my H1B for the next 3 years in this January. As a result I have the approval notices for my H1/H4 extensions for myself and my wife. and I have already sent a copy of my renewal in the AC- I140 papers to the Mumbai consulate.

My questions for u is,

1. Is it important to have the passports stamped at the time of interview?

2. I have noticed that when i try to book tickets to India, a couple of agents have asked me whether my passport is stamped, Apparently there is a problem in travel if the passport is not stamped. Is this true? Does anyone have any idea about this?

I was considering going over to Canada and getting the passport stamped what are your views in this matter?

Because I believe the H1 gets cancelled after the interview anyways so is it worth going to Canada.

I would really appreciate your input.

Raj

Re: Genral question related to CP

Originally posted by raj1305
Hey folks,

I renewed my H1B for the next 3 years in this January. As a result I have the approval notices for my H1/H4 extensions for myself and my wife. and I have already sent a copy of my renewal in the AC- I140 papers to the Mumbai consulate.

My questions for u is,

1. Is it important to have the passports stamped at the time of interview?

{It is not. We have read about several candidates going
to the interviews with expired Visa stamps in the passports
and not have any problem}

2. I have noticed that when i try to book tickets to India, a couple of agents have asked me whether my passport is stamped, Apparently there is a problem in travel if the passport is not stamped. Is this true? Does anyone have any idea about this?

{This could be because of some countries' requirement that
the passenger should have a valid visa stamp in the passport while transiting through their country. The solution for
this is either to obtain a transit visa for such countries or go
through airports that do not ask for this.

Research the forum and you will find lot of posts on this
subject}

I was considering going over to Canada and getting the passport stamped what are your views in this matter?

{As above. Looks like too much of trouble }

Because I believe the H1 gets cancelled after the interview anyways so is it worth going to Canada.

I would really appreciate your input.

Raj

{my responses}

Raju

Originally posted by amdomd
Just got e-mail from my lawyer that Mumbai consulate has my application and has assigned a BMB case number 2 days back - EB2 & AC-140.
What happens next???? How long is the wait from this point onwards? Does everybody have to go through FBI name check or is it done at random? Does getting FBI name check clearance before one leaves the US help?????

From this point, the interview in typically scheduled in 2-3 months. My case was also EB2 AC140 at Mumbai. My interview was 2.5 months from the time of receiving BMB #. You will receive Packet 4 before the interview. The consulate website is updated around 15th of each month for interviews in the following month. You can also call the consulate to get an estimate of the interview month - you will have to be persistent to get through. Apply for PCC immediately if you have not done that yet. And start assembling all the documents!

Name check seems to be a random thing and not something you can control. So do not worry about it. You may want to refer to the post by Raju regarding the name check.

Good Luck

KAT02.

Appointment date related query.

Hey Folks,

Thank you very much Raju for your reply to my previous questions. That was really helpful. I have another question for you guys.

My wife is going to India ahead of me. She has exams between June 15th and July 1st. Seeing the current status of my case and reading all the posts on this portal looks like my interview date will most probably be in June.

There is a possibility of a clash with my wife's exams.

1. Is it possible to get Mumbai Consulate to postpone our interview date?

2. If yes, do I have a choice of selecting the date/month ?

3. Is my wife's exam a valid reason to get our interview postponed?

4. Should I wait for our appointment date to appear on their site or can we call them now itself and request the change ?

What is the easiest procedure to do this without confusing them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Recieved BMB case# from Mumbai Consulate 04/05/04.

hi guys,

Just got an email from the consulate that our interview is scheduled for 27th May. Coudn't believe it so called them to confirm.

Ash

Ash Congtaulations

Great news Ash. I am hoping to get mine around the same time frame.

Also got the tax transcripts from IRs in three days - wow and PCC from Indian consulate in NY in 7 days. The stars seems to aligned right for this whole thing.

Srisubra

Re: Appointment date related query.

Originally posted by raj1305
Hey Folks,

Thank you very much Raju for your reply to my previous questions. That was really helpful. I have another question for you guys.

My wife is going to India ahead of me. She has exams between June 15th and July 1st. Seeing the current status of my case and reading all the posts on this portal looks like my interview date will most probably be in June.

There is a possibility of a clash with my wife's exams.

1. Is it possible to get Mumbai Consulate to postpone our interview date?

{It is possible to ask for postponement of interview but
I suspect whether you will have the choice of selecting
a month. I read that they would give you another date
in the next month or the one after}

2. If yes, do I have a choice of selecting the date/month ?

{I think you have the choice to go another date in the
month of your original schedule. But not in another month.
Research the forum for cases who have actual experience
with this}

3. Is my wife's exam a valid reason to get our interview postponed?

{I suppose so}

4. Should I wait for our appointment date to appear on their site or can we call them now itself and request the change ?

{The timing should not matter. However since it is just one
day, it may so happen that you may be able to attend on
the date originally scheduled. Depends on your wife's
exam schedule}

What is the easiest procedure to do this without confusing them?

{Sending them an email, clearly listing out the reason and what
you need}

My case details :

AC -140 case

I-140 - Approved 02/20/04

I-824 - Applied on 03/09/04

Sent the Packet III information to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Recieved BMB case# from Mumbai Consulate 04/05/04.

{my responses}

Raju

Srisubra,

I think all dates for May interview have been finalized so you can call them and get the date.

Ash

Originally posted by amdomd

amdomd,
Can you be more specific when you had sent your package 3 to the Mumbai consulate and how long it took before you got your case number.

Thanks.

Re: Ash Congtaulations

Originally posted by srisubra

Also got the tax transcripts from IRs in three days - wow and PCC from Indian consulate in NY in 7 days. The stars seems to aligned right for this whole thing.

Srisubra [/B]

Srisubra,
Did you get your PCC in 7 days inspite of the passport being issued in India or was it issued here.

I plan to send my passports for PCC tommorow.

Thanks.