Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

victor:

Ttax transcripts are computerized printouts of your FEDERAL tax returns. It is a RECOMMENDED thing to carry even if you have all 3 years w2 and tax forms that your filled. Tax transcripts are free!! So call 800-829-1040.

Any idea on people going April-July time frame?

I would not think one can get transcript for 2003 (I could be wrong). Esp. for people who have not filed the returns yet.

alren:

Tax transcripts for 2003 will be available immediately after the tax rfund or received or taxes are paid depending on each individual case. But basically tax trancripts are available on completion of the federal tax process for that person. So i am GUESSING for someone who has filed taxes for 2003, one should be able to order tax transcripts in 4-6 weeks from submission else there is always the option to carry w2 and completed 1040 tax forms filed for federal and state.

thanks kd...They didn't mail me the actual PCC...I will call the consulate on monday and ask them to mail it to me. I am glad I asked otherwise I would have found out during the interview...this forum is really helpful...

Kd,

Thanks for your reply. I will go ahead and order tax trancripts. Any idea on how log does it take to get it ?

Thanks

Alren,

I'm hoping that I would be able to get my interview by June or July ..as my attorney has mailed my file this week.

Victor,

I ordered the transcripts on wed and received them today. It took only 3 days.
Also i checked the envelope in trash for PCC and found the letter.

Ash

victor:

Expect tax transcripts in about a week from requesting. REmember these are not fancy transcritps like academic transcripts...regular computer printouts!

ash:

Smart boy!! At least the trash wasnt cleant. SO you dont need to call the consulate i assume to resend the pcc. No wonder wise men always said most of the valuables are found int he trash or dark areas.....talking about diamonds in coal mines! :D

Finding the case #

Guys :

As per my attorney he has sent the file to Mumbai last week.

Now, how do I find out if they have received it ? I know they will probably email the lawyer.

I remember reading in one of the post that you can call to Mumbai consulate and they will give you a case #

But can I call ? if so, do they need any case detail or something else to identify ?

Thanks,
Victor

PS - I tried to find it on their website if they have such capability but I guess not.

Ash, Alren

Did you guys receive your case number ? What's your status ..looking at this forum it seems like, 3 of us are the only likely candidate for may be May, June or July ..

Victor,

I'm not an AC140 candidated. Mine went through NVC. So I already have my case number.

I plan to call Mumbai cons. today to find if they recd. my case or not.

In your case, I guess it would be your name, address, etc. for identifying yourself at the Mumbai consulate. There's no such website to my knowledge which will give you this info.

BTW, If it has'nt caught your eye, I have (and will be continously) collected most of the info I need for the interview in this thread.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119885

Last edited by a moderator:
Alren,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will wait for this week to end before I call them as atmost my file will reach to them sometime this week and I'm assuming that it will take atleast a week before they accept and create a case number.

I did see your thread on information for interview. Great job : I'm sure it will be very helpful to all of us and future CPers.

Victor.

Originally posted by Victor3536
Ash, Alren

Did you guys receive your case number ? What's your status ..looking at this forum it seems like, 3 of us are the only likely candidate for may be May, June or July ..

I dunno what happened but srisubra, amolnaik, raj1305 were also the likely suspects. And of course, kd1403 going for his 2nd round ... :D ;)

Victor,

I got my case number by calling the US Consulate in Mumbai. It took them 4 weeks to create our case. You can call them at 91-22-23637407. It's fastest to connect at 9 am IST.

I called the consulate yesterday to get our interview date. They said its not been finalized yet. I am planning to call again later this week.
Even Amolnaik is expecting his interview in May. I don't know of any others expecting interview in May.

Ash

Expecting June 2004 interview

Guys,
I am expecting a June interview in worst case a July Interview. At NVC I am getting a message that the review of my case is completed on march 30th. The next step is to send it to the consulate which may happen anytime.
Will keep you updated..
Thanks

Originally posted by ash1234
Victor,

I got my case number by calling the US Consulate in Mumbai. It took them 4 weeks to create our case. You can call them at 91-22-23637407. It's fastest to connect at 9 am IST.

Ash,

Just out of curiosity what did you ask? Did you have to connect to some person/dept. in particular?

Or should I just go, my IV case no. is BMB....... Want to know if and when the file was recd from NVC?

alren:

Call the number given above, provide your BMB2004 number and they will let you know if they have received your file and if they interview has been scheduled.

Just wanted to respond to your statement from above "And of course, kd1403 going for his 2nd round ... " - I am done with this immigration process for life!:p No more, not even once more!!!

victor:

Call the number given above for the consulate, provide your full first and last name (make sure to spell it loud and clear) and they will inform you if they have received your file and if interview is scheduled.

It takes about 2-3 weeks when mailed from NVC for regular cp and 3-4 weeks for AC I-140 for the consulate to receive and enter the case information in the consulate system . It is about 2.5 (for regular cp) and 3 months (for AC I-140) from the time of such entry in consulate system that an interview is scheduled.

Alren,

As I didn't have the case number(AC140 case) I gave them my husband's last name and first name (he is the primary applicant) and they gave me the case number. First 2 times when I called they didn't have the file in the system yet.
The phone number (91-22-23637407) automatically connects you to the immigrant visa department. You can give them the case number and ask them if its in their system. You can also ask them when it was entered in their system.

Ash

Victor,

Don't wait for the consulate to send an acceptance email to your lawyer. Our case was accepted on 2/20/2004 and I just confirmed with my lawyer that he hasn't received any email from them yet.

So call the consulate. I had to call multiple times to get the case number.

Ash

got my case number from Mumbai

Hey Folks,

I got my case number from Mumbai.

Sent the AC-I140 (Packet III) to MUMBAI on 03/24/04.

Lawyer recieved email from Mumbai on 04/05/04

Took just 12 days.

I am expecting my interview date to be in June or July.

Hey, I see a lot of people in the same boat as me. I hope we can exchange some info. Let me know if there is anything new you guys find out. I have applied for my PCC from the Indian Consulate in Chicago. Still waiting on that.

Raj