Likey Mumbai CP Interview in April, May, June -2004

raj:

congrats on getting the bmb2004 number. As per previous trends, you should expect your interview in june. That leads me to give you some advice....start looking for tickets as being peak season it is difficult to get and put a hold but dont buy them until your interview dates are confirmed.

This is true to all those expecting interviews between 12th june - 12th july as this is peak season where plane tickets are not readily available or expensive.

case number

ash, alren, victor,

I am still there. recieved case number in March and from the looks of it, coul;d receive appointment date fro May. Getting all loose ends caught up - PCC applied, tax transcripts requested for, going to write a letter to FBI requesting clearance from them.

Srisubra

Originally posted by ash1234

The phone number (91-22-23637407) automatically connects you to the immigrant visa department. You can give them the case number and ask them if its in their system. You can also ask them when it was entered in their system.

Ash

Tried hard between 11-11:30 PM EST (8:30-9:00 AM - IST). Buusssyyyy!!!!! :rolleyes: . I guess need to try again today bit early.

I-824 receipt 3/19/2004
Mailed Package 3 to Mumbai consulate 3/31/2004
Waiting for case number.
Hopefully get interview date around June - July.

Reading through these forums I found out about PCC and tax transcripts. Can someone throw more light on this FBI clearance letter. Also are there any other documents which need to be collected from other agencies.

Thanks.

Kd, Ash, alren

thanks for your replies to my question.

Allright guys :

It seems like there are lot of us may go at the same timeframe ..May, June or July ..for CP (NVC or AC-140 route) interview.

So far

Myself, Alren, ASh1234, uvwxyz, raj1305, gcbad, srisubra .. may be Amolnaik

I hope I have not miss anyone..

What I would suggest is all of us should post all our issues and questions only on this thread, so atleast we know that people who are in same boat what problems or concerns they have ..

I know if sometime some issues may be more relavent to other threads, in that case post a note here for other people to see it.

Good luck to all of us that we all successfully go through this last phase of GC ..

Just spoke to someone in US Consulate in Mumbai. He said the interview won't be in May. Initially we were told that the interview will in April then May and now June. Our AC140 application was received by the consulate on 24th Jan and accepted on 20th Feb. He said our clearance came on 25th March so they can't schedule for May.
I have seen cases getting interviews 2 months after sending the package. I requested him if there is any way the interview can be scheduled for May. He asked me if there is any emergency.I told him my husband who is the primary applicant has some work related issue.He said now you have told me this so we can't schedule the interview in May as this is not an emergency. He said if there was a medical emergency then he could have requested our interview to be scheduled in May. I can't make up a medical emergency..I wish I could ...
Is there any hope for the interview to be still scheduled for May???

I am so upset and disappointed.

ash:

Even i am surprised that your case was entered into bbay consulate on 2/20 and interview is not scheduled yet. Coz as per trends for AC I-140 it takes about 3 months to get the interview after case is entered into the consulate which means May (or at most June). I would wait for a week and see if you get the May interview. I think you should!@

And the operator was right on the point that work related pressures are not a good enough reason for requesting interviews in a specific month/ week. They accept only medical or family reasons for setting or reshceduling interview date.

Dont get annoyed. If you wish call the consulate early next to find out else you can wait until the interview list is published end of next week.

I agree with Victor3536

keep this thread updated with any new and critical information.
Regarding my case it is still sitting at the NVC, Even though the case was completed on March 30 it is still not sent to the consulate. Probably everybody is on spring break. With this speed I wont think I will be able to get a June interview. I will have to expect a July date.....:confused: :rolleyes:

kd,

I was 99% sure that we will get a May interview date. I am planning to call again next week just to make sure that the interview is not in May.
I know you had rescheduled your interview. What reason did you give them. What reasons do you know that have worked. I know being pregnant is the best one but I just had a baby 6 months ago so it is not an option:)
The guy at the consulate told me that they can schedule it for May if I have a medical emergency...

Ash

Last edited by a moderator:
ash1234

Looks like you are nearing the finish line. My advice is to be patient now that you are so close. I know how frustrating the wait is and it is easy for someone else to say so. But trust me that CP is worth all the trouble you are going through. Look at the alternative - AOS wth USCIS !!!

Hang in there.

KAT02.

ash:

I concur with kat02 that you need to be patient.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking of giving medical or family reason as emergency. Actually I need to have surgery done on my hand and I have been postponing it forever.

Answer: If you are giving a medical reason be prepared to submit a medical letter/ certificate if asked for. I am not sure if they will ask but just want you to be prepared.
==============================================

I know you had rescheduled your interview. What reason did you give them.

Answer: You should have good memory to remember that i had my interview rescheduled. Actually my case was a little different...not technically re-scheduled. It was slotted for sept last week but before the list was published i requested that i be moved to oct due to family events plus festivals (diwali and bhai dhuj) and this was my first trip after years. So you can say it was an emotional reason. But again i think it worked bcoz my interview was not finalized as per the published sept schedule.

What reasons do you know that have worked.

Answer: I would refrain form using fictitious reasons for personal benefit. But some reasons that have worked are pregnancy, medical reasons with self or family in india and in few cases emotional reasons. Work related reasons generally do not work.

I know being pregnant is the best one but I just had a baby 6 months ago so it is not an option

Answer: I like the humor in this statement!

Remember one thing if you need to change dates/ months, it is easier to reshedule to a later date than an earlier date with valid reasons. just something to think about....

Be patient

I would suggest not to give a medical reason as you have already mentioned that you have given work related reason. If they are tracking the call and making notes of the people who are calling then it may have negative implications on your application. I think you will get a may or June interview so just wait.
My 2 cents...

Originally posted by ash1234
kd,

I was 99% sure that we will get a May interview date. I am planning to call again next week. I am thinking of giving medical or family reason as emergency. Actually I need to have surgery done on my hand and I have been postponing it forever. I know you had rescheduled your interview. What reason did you give them. What reasons do you know that have worked. I know being pregnant is the best one but I just had a baby 6 months ago so it is not an option:)
The guy at the consulate told me that they can schedule it for May if I have a medical emergency...

Ash

When we have waited for so many years 1 more month will not make any difference. We will just wait for our interview date in June. Does anyone know if Amolnaik got an interview date for May. His application was accepted 4 days after ours.

The guy at the Mumbai consulate told me that they received our clearances on 25th March. Does anyone have any idea what that is about. Is it the FBI clearance or name check??? Does everyone have to go through that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash,

It is a wise thing to just wait and let them schedule your interview and not push them too much asspecially now as you have already talked to them.

Unless, it is really ..really diffcult for you guys to go in June, otherwise let it be.

Also, do not much worry about the stuff that is not in your hand .. I always think that everything happens for reason.

Guys:

what's the difference between I-864 and I-134 ..I guess both the forms are affidavit of Support. I see people in other threads talking about I-864 .. ? Just curious to know ..

I134

For employment based CP its I134 you have to worry about, I864 is for the people who are family based..

Originally posted by Victor3536
Guys:

what's the difference between I-864 and I-134 ..I guess both the forms are affidavit of Support. I see people in other threads talking about I-864 .. ? Just curious to know ..

Originally posted by Victor3536
Guys:

Both are affidavits of support.

I134: For employment based CP
I864: For Family based CP AND Employment based AOS!:D

KAT02