Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

Case in the Consulate

Raju,

It's nice to hear that your case has also reached US Consulate in Chennai.

Do you know the date your case entered the Consulate's computer system?

Thanks & Good Luck.

cpDelhi,

Thanks.

I do not know, since they have not indicated. Does it have any bearing on how the case is scheduled for the interviews ?.

They gave a single line reply saying that they have received the
case and the interview is likely to be in May.

Raju

Date Case entered in US consulate computer system

Raju,

No. The day of the case has no direct bearing on the interview dates. But there is no such as a cut off date for scheduleing interviews for a month.

Just wanted to know if you had knowledge when your case enterd the US Consulate computer system.

Thanks.

Cut off date

The cut off date for Chennai, seems to be 20th of the month.

Based on when my case was sent from NVC( 21st Feb) it was clear that I would not get an April interview. May looks certain
though!

Any update from other cpers in Chennai line?

BAB_TUM, SRI-IL ???

Re: No new update

Originally posted by INSvermont
Virginia Boy, getmygccp...

No new update on my case. NVC received case on Jan 10 and they are still saying 6 - 8 weeks. I see May Interview date slipping away from me slowly. Hopefully we will have some good news by next week.

Regards

#######################

Hi,
I am also in the same boat as you... NVC recieved my packet on Jan 9th 2003 still no news.
Some of the applications recieved in Feb are also reviewed...? Operator is not helping at all... all she says is it takes 6-8 weeks...
I am getting frustrated...::mad:

Anil

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Virginia Boy
Hi GetmyGCCP, HATE_TSC, InsVermont

No, I did not hear any good news yet from NVC. My p3 was received by NVC on Jan 10, and even now the automatic message says " 6 to 8 weeks". I did not add wife after 140.

I don't no why NVC is doing this for our cases. One thing, I can think of is , my case followed old process, so i had to send my p3 and fees to ST louis in Dec and they forwarded it to NVC,New Hamshire in Jan.

Are any of you in the same old process?

InsVermont, why did you say that our chances of getting May interview will be decided only if our case gets reviewed by this week. As I understand from this forum, generally if a case gets reviewed and sent to consulate by 20th of a month X, then one generally gets interview in Month X+2. Please correct me I am wrong.

Hope everyones p3 review gets completed soon...

GetmyGcCp, I am sorry about your health,...i am sure things will turn out to be good soon for you,...i can't suggest as I am also getting frustrating with NVC,...but try to be optimistic...take care. BTW, what is ur consulate,..mine is chennai.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

NVC recieved my application on JAn 9th 2003... still no news. Operator says 6-8 weeks.. same crap.
I also sent my P3 in the old process... looks like the NVC is holding the old process applications..? Really getting frustrated.

anil

Please accept my best wishes. safe amount to show on the form I-134

Hi! cpDelhi / Raju595 / getMyGcCp / Virginia Boy / dax99,

Congratulations to you all for knowing your interview dates. Please accept my best wishes.

I have a question, may look silly to you guys but I want to know the answer, If you don't mind..

What is the safe minimum amount to be shown on Form I-134.

I got Two dependents( Spouse and Kid). So what amount should be the safe amount to show on the form?

Cheers!!

hi anil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NVC recieved my application on JAn 9th 2003... still no news. Operator says 6-8 weeks.. same crap.
I also sent my P3 in the old process... looks like the NVC is holding the old process applications..? Really getting frustrated.

anil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

same case as yours but just a day after & still waiting. My wife(as dependent) checked the automated voice msg again on yesterday and says the same. She wanted badly to go to India for two months and getting frustrated as it's getting delayed. I shouldn't have told her about NVC process & NVC contact numbers.

Keep the spirits high and one day or another we will get it.

For all.....

I sent another email to Chennai communicating the address for mailing of Packet 4. They confirmed noting of my request.

SAB-DET,

I am assuming that you are asking about the minimum bank balance and other personal assets held by you.

The answer is none. For employment categories, your salary would be much more than the poverty line. And the proof of
your continued job is sufficient.

On top of that what you show is your wish.

For those still waiting for completion of review,

Hang in there guys. You will be there soon. As I see it, if the reviews get done latest by 12th of this month, then you will be
in May list. This applies to Chennai.

For other consulates, I think the cutoff date is later than 20th of the month.

Goodluck!

Raju

Raju595,

Thanks for the Info...One more question...

My case review completed on Feb 26. How long (how many days) should I wait to call Chennai to find-out my case status with them.

Cheers!!

SAB-DET,

I believe the NVC takes roughly 1 week to send the case to
the Consulate after the completion of the review.

So, I would think your case should be sent this week. It is your choice whether to call or send email.

I would say you can send an email either on Friday or Monday of next week.

Raju

Hi All !

Hi,

Good to join you all in the forum.

My case details below:

I 140 Approval Date : MAY - 16 - 2002

NVC Gets the Approved : Nov - 04 - 2002
I 140 From INS on

The above delay was because INS lost my petition and Thank GOD finally they found it after 5 - 6 months !!!! You can well imagine my tension at this time..

We even filed a duplicate I-140 just in case as 180 days had expired after approval and looks like it is not reachihng NVC... (after this we did not do anything about the duplicate petition for I-140 as NVC finally got the Original one)

NVC Case Created : Nov - 11 - 2002

Now, they had only my information, it is me and not my attorney who found that we have send my wife's Birth Cert / Our Marriage cert to NVC for adding my wife's case....

That is also done by me by Nov -19 - 2002

My attorney troubles me agian....

How ??

I informed the attorneys that things have changed in NVC is it not the normal procedure, now we have to pay the fee and then get P3...

NVC got fee request for me and ignoring my request went and paid my $335 fee when my wife's and my fee request (re-sent by NVC on adding wife to case) was on the way...

Some more sleepless nights -
I had also contacted Raju595 as I had seen his cptracker updates.. Some more time went by...

Finally Attorney sent fee for my wife also (another $335) and the covering letter explained in beirf...

First my fee was reflected in NVC : DEC - 23 - 2002

Then it is holidays..... losing more time...

My wife's fee was reflected in NVC : Jan - 17 - 2003

----

Now both of our fee is recieved by NVC...

Calling 603-334-0700 had helped me get updates now and they still I avoided calling them daily (endedup like twice a week or so)

P3 Arrives for us in our Attorney's office on : Jan - 22 - 2003

I feel good on getting this information - I just took a moment to forgive my Attorney for All mistakes committed so far.. (may be it is not them to be blamed - it is all time and luck :)

The filled P3 reached NVC on : Jan - 24 - 2003

NVC Enters our P3 information in their system : Feb - 04 - 2003

NVC Review Complete for our case : Feb - 19 - 2003

I recent found from the Announcement provided by NVC Phone
that :

NVC Sent Case to Chennai on : Feb - 26 - 2003.

I have sent a mail to chennaiiv asking them if they have got my case and when is the interview likely to be..

----------------

That is my story so far..

If prople just want to get my datelines and not read all the stories, see below:

I 140 Approval Date : MAY - 16 - 2002

NVC Gets the Approved : Nov - 04 - 2002

NVC Case Created : Nov - 11 - 2002

Visa Fee was reflected in NVC : Jan - 17 - 2003

P3 Arrives for us in our : Jan - 22 - 2003
Attorney's office on

The filled P3 reached NVC on : Jan - 24 - 2003

NVC Enters our P3 information : Feb - 04 - 2003

NVC Review Complete : Feb - 19 - 2003

NVC Sent Case to Chennai on : Feb - 26 - 2003.

Now waiting - Fingers Crossed !!

All the best to all who are eager to get the next step done...

- Sriram.

I called NVC operator today and she told me that my case review was completed today and they will send it to chennai consulate in 2 to 4 weeks.

GetmyGcCp, InsVermont, Aneel I suggest check your review status as well. I am sure yours will also be done by this week. One thing to note is that the automatic voice message system, still said same old thing "it will take 6 to 8 weeks from Jan 10 for review". So, I suggest talk with operator.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Congrats!

Sriram2003 and Virginia Boy,

Congrats on knowing the status of review completion.
I expect several others to join the line for May interviews.

So boys ( and probably girls too), we will not be faceless strangers. Atleast some of us will meet at the Consulate.

Raju

Thanks Raju.

Do you know how much time, generally it takes for NVC to send case to chennai and when would chennai normally confirm they received the case.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

congratulations !

Virginia Boy,

That is great news! congratulations ! I will check with an operator tomorrow. I checked the message and it is still the same. Hopefully I can make it in May.

GetmyGCCP, Aneeel who is next?

Normally the NVC is taking approx 7 days to send the completed file to Channai Consulate.

The transit time is 3 to 4 days.

The Consulate will be able to confirm within 1 or 2 days of receiving the file.

NVC AVM updated every night

Originally posted by Virginia Boy
I called NVC operator today and she told me that my case review was completed today and they will send it to chennai consulate in 2 to 4 weeks.

GetmyGcCp, InsVermont, Aneel I suggest check your review status as well. I am sure yours will also be done by this week. One thing to note is that the automatic voice message system, still said same old thing "it will take 6 to 8 weeks from Jan 10 for review". So, I suggest talk with operator.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

The latest update/change to an individual case status is updated nightly on the NVC AVM (Automated Voice Mail). So if there is change in the status of a case today, the change will be reflected on the AVM next day only.

Thanks.

Thanks InsVermont and Raju. I am sure InsVermont,Getmygccp,Aneel will be hearing their good news soon.

Raju, is it 7 business days or calendar days for NVC to take transfer case?

CpDelhi, you are correct. I checked the NVC voice message system and the recording has changed to "your case has been completed on march 4".

Thanks
Virginia Boy