Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

case still?

My case is still under review, it got keyed into the NVC system on Jan 10th. I am kind of :( with the process. Initially I anticipated for April slot , now May and can it even go into June? If it's June my CP might be the longest of all (11 months).

On top of this got into road accident when I went to India (got hit by drunken driver that too at 3.00 PM), able to survive with severe injuries.. & now working from home all the time doing remote support (can't drive, may take few months). It's disastorous year.. but I think I can survive & get back to the way I was.

HATE_TSC, Virginia Boy any update on your end? Did you also added your wife in the middle of the process (after I-140)? Is it the reason why our cases are getting delayed? The operators are just saying six to eight weeks.. they don't have any clue and they don't see any queries. I hope our p-3'S didn't get lost.

Muchas Gracias

Case review

Hi GetmyGCCP, HATE_TSC, Virginia Boy,

I am in the same boat as you guys. My packet 3 was entered in to the system on Jan 10 and has not been reviewed yet. And no, I did not add my wife after 140. The wierd thing is, our packet 3 was received on the same date by NVC Jan 10th. I would not be surprised if they misplaced files from that day. Our only chance of getting a May date is if our case gets reviewed by this week. Let us keep our fingers crossed. BTW my consulate is Chennai.

Regards,
INSVermont

Originally posted by Virginia Boy
I am sorry about your situation sv4G. Did u send ur wife's p3 again? Call NVC operator and see if you can fax any documents, if that would expedite it.

Virginia Boy

Hi Virginia Boy,

Nice to hear from you. Yes I send them on Dec 15th and they received it on 16th and updated their system on 17th. when I called them on 23rd of Dec. they said, it will take abt 6 to 8 weeks from the date they received it (Which was 17th). When I called them back again on Jan 4th, they changed the date from 18th to Dec. 27th and told me the same old stuff from there. Unfortunately, they changed the receiving date to 13th of Jan 03 again... :-( and repeted the same old message. I don't know or understand wht the hell with them in changing the dates again and again. Seems to me this time they are trying to be extra cautious by not reviewing the documents that I had to resend it to them. This is how I am stuck... To tell you, this is soo frustrating.

sv

Hi GetmyGCCP, HATE_TSC, InsVermont

No, I did not hear any good news yet from NVC. My p3 was received by NVC on Jan 10, and even now the automatic message says " 6 to 8 weeks". I did not add wife after 140.

I don't no why NVC is doing this for our cases. One thing, I can think of is , my case followed old process, so i had to send my p3 and fees to ST louis in Dec and they forwarded it to NVC,New Hamshire in Jan.

Are any of you in the same old process?

InsVermont, why did you say that our chances of getting May interview will be decided only if our case gets reviewed by this week. As I understand from this forum, generally if a case gets reviewed and sent to consulate by 20th of a month X, then one generally gets interview in Month X+2. Please correct me I am wrong.

Hope everyones p3 review gets completed soon...

GetmyGcCp, I am sorry about your health,...i am sure things will turn out to be good soon for you,...i can't suggest as I am also getting frustrating with NVC,...but try to be optimistic...take care. BTW, what is ur consulate,..mine is chennai.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sv4G,

I understand this is really frustrating,...but I am sure things will turn out to be good soon.

I believe sometimes what NVC does is it says "your documents were received on XX date and it will take 6 to 8 weeks to review from this date" and this XX date would be the date, that NVC received latest documents from you/attorney. And also an operator told me that, whatever mail we send to NVC, it may take 6 to 8 weeks to process new mail. So, one generally should be careful while sending "mail" to NVC.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Re: case still?

Originally posted by getMyGcCp
My case is still under review, it got keyed into the NVC system on Jan 10th. I am kind of :( with the process. Initially I anticipated for April slot , now May and can it even go into June? If it's June my CP might be the longest of all (11 months).

On top of this got into road accident when I went to India (got hit by drunken driver that too at 3.00 PM), able to survive with severe injuries.. & now working from home all the time doing remote support (can't drive, may take few months). It's disastorous year.. but I think I can survive & get back to the way I was.

HATE_TSC, Virginia Boy any update on your end? Did you also added your wife in the middle of the process (after I-140)? Is it the reason why our cases are getting delayed? The operators are just saying six to eight weeks.. they don't have any clue and they don't see any queries. I hope our p-3'S didn't get lost.

Muchas Gracias

getMyGcCp,

I really sympathise with your situation. I am sure things will be better in near future. I know it's very frustuating and agonizing when a lot of bad things happen at the same time. Try to remember the better things that have happened to you and the pain will become a little easier to bear with.

Just hang in there with patience and take good care of yourself.

I wish you good luck and good health.

Thanks.

P3 review completed

Mine got finally reviewed on 19th Feb (P3 keyed in on 23 Dec 2002) .. going to Mumbai consulate. Hope I get an April interview ... I know I'm being very optimistic. Its been a rough road the last couple of months for me too.

Hope this !! Dubya Man !! does not go for war.

Congrats..

hate_tsc,

Congratulations for getting the review done finally. A lot of relief..... at last it came through.

I wish you good luck in the last leg of your CP process. Hope you will make up the lost time in P3 review.

Good Luck.

congrats

Congrats HATE_TSC, you made it. Happy to see you after long time (you became silent for two weeks, went on vacation?)

Congrats Hate_tsc

Congrats Hate_tsc on getting your P3 reviewed. It is nice to know that NVC does honor the 6-8 week commitment.

Virginia Boy - I come under the new NVC process. The reason I said May is doubtful if we do not get our Packet 3 reviewed by this week is because NVC might mail our packets on March 10 and I am not so sure that within March 20 the Chennai consulate will be able to open our packet and schedule an interview date. That way we can get lucky even if our packet 3 gets approved next week (8th week).

getmyGCcp - cheer up !!!

Interview will be in April (Mumbai Consulate)

Guys

As you knew I am from Mumbai consulate and I have received mail from them

"we hope to schedule you for an interview in April 2003. For exact interview
date visit our web site at <http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov>
after the 15th of March 2003."

Looks like I may be only one for April interview in Mumbai. I don't know if anybody from Mumbai consulate in April .

Congrats HATE_TSC for Review Done.!!!!!

Thanks

Dax

Congrats..

dax99,

Congrats for getting an interview date in April.

Did you request for infromation from US Consulate in Mumbai, or they automatically sent info through e-mail to you or to your attorney? Or did you call them to get this piece of info?

Your case was sent by NVC to US Consulate in Mumbai on Feb 13.

When did your case reach US Consulate?

Thanks.

CP Question

Hi Dax,

1) Are you applying AC-140 in Mumbai Consulate?

2) If yes, then when did u apply your Packet 3 to the Consulate. I have just send my Packet 3 to the Mumbai Consulate.

I am hoping to get into April Interview hopefully. Lets be in touch.

Thanks,
VinCP

Re: Congrats..

CpDelhi

You are right my case was sent by NVC on Feb 13, 2003. Then I had sent email to Mumbai consulate on Feb 24, 2003. And today I got reply from them. I communicate with them by Email only.

And also I don't know when my case reached there.

Thanks,

Dax

Originally posted by cpDelhi
dax99,

Congrats for getting an interview date in April.

Did you request for infromation from US Consulate in Mumbai, or they automatically sent info through e-mail to you or to your attorney? Or did you call them to get this piece of info?

Your case was sent by NVC to US Consulate in Mumbai on Feb 13.

When did your case reach US Consulate?

Thanks.

Re: CP Question

VinCP

I am doing my CP process in traditional way
I.e INS(140) ---> NVC-> Payment fee -->> Pkt3--> Review--> sent to Consulate--> Interview

But as you are also from Mumbai consulate we will be in touch.

Thanks & Good Luck !!!!

Dax

Originally posted by VinCP
Hi Dax,

1) Are you applying AC-140 in Mumbai Consulate?

2) If yes, then when did u apply your Packet 3 to the Consulate. I have just send my Packet 3 to the Mumbai Consulate.

I am hoping to get into April Interview hopefully. Lets be in touch.

Thanks,
VinCP

Re: Hi Dax

VinCP

There is no reason for not selecting A-140 route.

My email id is shahdss@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Dax

Originally posted by VinCP
Thanks for your reply, was there any particular reason that you did not choose to go for AC-140 Route?

Lets be in touch, my email: vinodsanil@yahoo.com

Thanks.
VinCP.

p3 sent physically on 25th and not 21st

Hi raju and others,

My p3 was actually( physically) sent on 25th.But AVM says it was sent on 21st. I got this info from live rep from NVC who says the full p3 was sent by courier on 25th.

Why I checked was, I was having hope against hope to get April interview. I was researching cptracker with dates etc. Mumbai consulate will wait till 25th or sometimes till 28th as the cutoffdate, whereas chennai cutoff date was 20th or less than that date.only 1 case had cutoff date as 30th.

So checked with chennai consulate whats the cutoff date for april interview and whether my case was recieved by them. They replied saying they will not reveal any details till they have the case physically with them.Obviously, they havent responded to my cutoff date Q too.

FYI folks.

SRI