Likely MAY interview at CHENNAI--> --> -->

Case Compleated on Feb 26 2003

P3 data entered on Feb 13 2003
Case Completed on Feb 26 2003

Going to Chennai for CP.

Please advise me how to proceed from this point.

Thanks!!

Only two cases sent on Feb 21

Only two cases were sent from NVC Portsmouth on Feb 21. The DHL tracking number for the cases sent are as follows.

www.dhl.com

I don't know who were the two lucky cases sent on Feb 21. Similarly 4 cases were sent to New Delhi Consulate on Feb 21.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Case Compleated on Feb 26 2003

Originally posted by SAB-DET
P3 data entered on Feb 13 2003
Case Completed on Feb 26 2003

Going to Chennai for CP.

Please advise me how to proceed from this point.

Thanks!!

SAB-DET,

You have to do nothing for now. NVC should mail your case to Chennai on March 7. After your case reaches US consulate in Chennai, a interview date(possibly in May' 03) will fixed for your case.

Just start collecting all the documents required for P4. A list of required/optional documents is posted on many threads on this forum.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Re: Only two cases sent on Feb 21

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Only two cases were sent from NVC Portsmouth on Feb 21. The DHL tracking number for the cases sent are as follows.

www.dhl.com

I don't know who were the two lucky cases sent on Feb 21. Similarly 4 cases were sent to New Delhi Consulate on Feb 21.

Thanks.

cpDelhi,

How did you get these tracking numbers?

As I can see # 9328837066 has been delivered and the other one is on its way, presently in Bombay.

Anyway my understanding is the NVC does not send cases individually. I expect there to be several cases in each pouch.

Raju[

Tracking numbers from DHL

Originally posted by Raju595
cpDelhi,

How did you get these tracking numbers?

Got these numbers from DHL reps. Just tell them that you are the third party whose packet is being sent to US consulate in Chennai. DHL reps will need the date packet was shipped, the shipper address (which is NVC Portsmouth), the zip code and also the address where the packet is going to. Tell them the destination address is Immigrant Section in US COnsulate, Chennai. DHL reps will give you the tracking numbers. Just be nice and affirmative.

As I can see # 9328837066 has been delivered and the other one is on its way, presently in Bombay.
There are thousands of packages going through the DHL processing hubs. Some packets will get routed differently, or just got left out due to human error. (My theory)

Anyway my understanding is the NVC does not send cases individually. I expect there to be several cases in each pouch.
There is a lot of papers sent for each case. I don't think NVC will confuse and complicate individual cases by bundling multiple cases together. I am sure they send each case individually. (Again my theory). This info is not fed into the NVC computer system and hence NVC reps are not able to give us the package tracking info.

OK, that is fine. I thought you got the tracking info. from the NVC
personnel.

When I said several cases to one pouch, what I meant was several cases, each in their own covers.

In a surprise move

I am posting the same info on this page for benefit of other CPers with who I have been treading with for last few months.

In a reply to my e-mail question to US embassy, New Delhi, the consular officer metioned that my case was entered into their system on Feb 21, 2003. That means that my case was sent earlier than Feb 21 as I am sure the data transfer is not electronic and shipment cannot reach on the same day (actually previous day as Indian time is ahead of US).

As per DHL transit time under normal conditions, it takes 3 working days for document packet to be shipped from NVC to New Delhi and 4 working days for document packet to be shipped from NVC Portsmouth to Chennai.

Anyway it was a good and surprise news for me.

Updated milestone dates:

P3 reaches NVC: Jan 17
P3 entered into NVC system: Jan 31
P3 review complete: Feb 12
P3 sent to New Delhi: Feb 14 (my assumption)
P3 entered into US Consulate, New Delhi computer system: Feb 21

Waiting for the next lot of interview dates.

Thanks.

nope

GetmyGcCp, InsVermont,

ANy update on your cases?

Thanks
Virginia Boy

My wife told that she called yesterday and automated voice message says same. She is checking almost every day and getting frustrated (she wants to visit home country ASAP & became home sick. I told her not to check every day and give a least thought to it. ;)

Thanks!

cpDelhi,

Good for you!. It is good when members come forward to share their information, even at the risk of giving up some of their privacy, so that other can benefit.

That is the whole point of this forums, and I believe in it.

Raju

Employment CP cases in New Delhi

After an analysis of the interview dates in March 2003 at US Consulate, New Delhi, I found out the following.

E1 Cases scheduled for March Intervview: 1
E2 Cases scheduled for March Intervview: 7
E3 Cases scheduled for March Intervview: 25

Still I don't see even one case from US Consulate, New Delhi in March 2003 posting anything here on this forum. I am sure many of them are browsing this forum to get some useful information.

That is why there is a dearth of info about CP cases at US Conuslate, New Delhi.

Hope the trend will change.

Thanks.

Thanks!! cpDelhi

Thanks! cpDelhi for your reply.

I have few queries may you or one of our CPers can help me.

1. Whom to inform/contact for getting my P4 at India address?
2. What is the email address to contact Chennai Consulate to know my probable interview date?
3. What are all the details I need to put in the mail while contacting Chennai consulate?
4. What are all the documents I need to collect from here before going to India to attend Interview?

I am expecting interview in May-03 as my case review completed on Feb 26, 03 . I think I am not much optimistic?

Thanks & Cheers!!!

Re: Thanks!! cpDelhi

Originally posted by SAB-DET
Thanks! cpDelhi for your reply.

I have few queries may you or one of our CPers can help me.

1. Whom to inform/contact for getting my P4 at India address?

Expect to receive the Packet 4 at your attorney law firm address or the address you have in DS-230 Part 1. You may also request somebody from your family to pick up packet 4 from Chennai Consulate office. I am not sure about the exact process.

2. What is the email address to contact Chennai Consulate to know my probable interview date?
Chennai E-mail Address: chennaiiv@state.gov

3. What are all the details I need to put in the mail while contacting Chennai consulate?
Your case number, employment category, your name. Be brief and simple.

4. What are all the documents I need to collect from here before going to India to attend Interview?
Lot of info on this forum. Just browse.

I am expecting interview in May-03 as my case review completed on Feb 26, 03 . I think I am not much optimistic?
Under normal circumstances, you should get an interview in May 2003.
The formula for interview schedule is: if your case reaches US consulate before 20 of the month + 2 months.

Thanks & Cheers!!!

congrats Cp delhi

Cp delhi,

congrats on your case reaching delhi on feb 21st. Since you are giving so much info to other forum members... I sincerely wish, you should some how get April interview instead of MAY.

There is a proverb in telugu, For the person who does good for others, God will do good for him. so, get ready for April interview.

For the other CP interview candidates who are not participating as cp delhi says( Delhi has 28 CP employment cases atleast 50% will be in USA ) Share your info, pl dont be silent spectators, participate in forums, in that way everybody gets benefited. If you dont, you will be the looser one day , as you know already History repeats...

From your info abt DHL, I got 2 tracking numbers for cases sent on feb25(my case is one of them). One is in London and the other case is in chennai.

Anyhow, I dont think chennai will entertain interviews for case received after 20th( afterall they are one of the busiest US consulate)....:p ...so hoping for MAY>>>>MAY>>>>> & MAY.

Cheers
Sri-IL

No new update

Virginia Boy, getmygccp...

No new update on my case. NVC received case on Jan 10 and they are still saying 6 - 8 weeks. I see May Interview date slipping away from me slowly. Hopefully we will have some good news by next week.

Regards

Re: congrats Cp delhi

Originally posted by sri-IL
Cp delhi,

congrats on your case reaching delhi on feb 21st. Since you are giving so much info to other forum members... I sincerely wish, you should some how get April interview instead of MAY.

There is a proverb in telugu, For the person who does good for others, God will do good for him. so, get ready for April interview.

For the other CP interview candidates who are not participating as cp delhi says( Delhi has 28 CP employment cases atleast 50% will be in USA ) Share your info, pl dont be silent spectators, participate in forums, in that way everybody gets benefited. If you dont, you will be the looser one day , as you know already History repeats...

From your info abt DHL, I got 2 tracking numbers for cases sent on feb25(my case is one of them). One is in London and the other case is in chennai.

Anyhow, I dont think chennai will entertain interviews for case received after 20th( afterall they are one of the busiest US consulate)....:p ...so hoping for MAY>>>>MAY>>>>> & MAY.

Cheers
Sri-IL

Thanks for those encouraging words and good wishes. I also wish I have my interview in April. That will cut some of the physical heat if not the mental heat.

Good luck with your case.

Thanks.

Case forwarded to Mumbai on 02.27.03

Hi Follks,

My case finally was reviewed on 02.19.03 and was forwarded to Mumbai on 02.27.03. Could experts chime in and tell me if I would be able to make it for the April interview, as there are not many Mumbai cases as of now.

Cheers !!

Mumbai April Interview

Hi,

My Packet received on 24th and they gave me Case number on 26th Feb in Mumbai. I am also hoping for April Date.
Dont know if we will make it or not. Mumbia is moving very fast.
Whats ur Category, mine is EB2.

Anyone shed light, when can we expect the interview?
VinCP.

Re: Case forwarded to Mumbai on 02.27.03

Hate_tsc

Pl Send email after 7 days then they will be able to give reply for possible interview month. may be you will get late April or early May interview as there are not many cases(But who know some silent members......???:confused:
For me they had sent email for "Possible April " month for final interview.

Dax

Originally posted by hate_tsc
Hi Follks,

My case finally was reviewed on 02.19.03 and was forwarded to Mumbai on 02.27.03. Could experts chime in and tell me if I would be able to make it for the April interview, as there are not many Mumbai cases as of now.

Cheers !!

Consulate confirmation

Hi,

In response to my email enquiry, the Consulate at Chennai
has confirmed the receipt of my case, and the likely month for
interview as May. ( which is what I expected ).

Now I have to intimate them the address for mailing of P4.

Raju