Likely March-April Interview in N Delhi

Thanks kd1403 for all your help. Let's hope my wife gets an interview in April. I have sent her the documents as per the I-864 requirements. However, I have one doubt. I had filled out a G-325A form as part of the I-130 filing. One of the questions on G-325A was about my employment for the last 5 years. I had listed all the companies that I worked for but forgot to mention a part-time job that I was doing via phone/email. I totally forgot about it until I started collecting the documents for I-864 and found a W-2 for that job from the year 2000 tax return. Now, my question is what should I do to fix that? Is this considered a big deal? I have mentioned all the fulltime jobs that I had for the last 5 years. I am not sure what my wife should say if they ask her about that W-2 and why is that not listed on the G-325A. Thanks.

MMG

mmg:

I would re-fill G-325A with all information including part time job and include that w-2 and mail to your wife so that when she has her interview all she has to do is give the new G-325A form along with w-2 to the consular officer. This should not a biggie...dont worry!

Hello,
My question is regarding Police clearance certificate from regional paaport office.
This is in regard to my DAD.
He applied for the above certificate 2 months ago, and has verification done by local police a month ago.
But he still did'nt receive his clearance certificate from passport office.
Interview date : 1st April.
What should he do in order to get his clearance certificate from passport office.
Regional passport office is in Panjab.

Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

bsingh:

The best option is to talk to the local police and regional passport officials to get the work done. There is no other alternative since these documents are a must for the cp interview.

Hello,
Interview date is : 1st april.
How early one should do a medical.
Any preference of Doctors in New delhi.
Any body knows the picture place in New delhi.

Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

ultimately, after a long roller coaster ride, I got an email from consulate that my interview is on 13th April. What a good news! it took them only 5 months to schedule it. Anyway...

I guess I am a victim of negligence by embassy as there was nothing wrong with my case. Hence, it should not be taken as a general trend in getting the interviews scheduled. A lot of people who sent their cases later than me, have already got the GC.

Now a question about I-134, as the prep work starts:
Q1: Do I need to get the I-134 notarized for my family members?
Will my attorney be responsible for getting it, or I can do it by myself?

Q2: How many pages are needed to get the GC process completed (like stamps in India, I-551 stamps). How many pages are filled in the process? Could some of the people who have undergone this process COUNT these pages for me?

Q3: I have only four pages left and need to stamp a transit VISA as well?

Q4: Is one transit visa sufficient for going to India and Coming back or do we need to get another one on our way back. Again, how many pages are occupied by transit visa(s)?

Q5: My PCC from CGI, is valid until Apr 23rd, while my interview is on Apr 13th. Do I need to get another PCC now (in case anything delays my case and I need to stay past Apr 23rd date). Please suggest.

Please answer all the questions above, so that I can get the prep work, for the hard earned Interview, started. Want to reduce any surprises, although you can never predict a one.

thanks guys.it has been a great journey so far with you as companions in this odyssey.

:)

cpnwd:

What a sigh of relief this must be! But I did like your thoughts especially from yoru second para where you say "this case should not be taken as a general perception but as an exception"

==============================================

Now a question about I-134, as the prep work starts:
Q1: Do I need to get the I-134 notarized for my family members?
Will my attorney be responsible for getting it, or I can do it by myself?

Answer: I-134 is one for each dependent. You need to fill it out and get each of them notarized. Attorney not responsible!

Q2: How many pages are needed to get the GC process completed (like stamps in India, I-551 stamps). How many pages are filled in the process? Could some of the people who have undergone this process COUNT these pages for me?

Answer: I have always been good at counting..assume AT MOST 4 pages and at least 3 pages for all possible stamps (including transit) from leaving usa to re-entering usa with 551 stamp!

Q3: I have only four pages left and need to stamp a transit VISA as well?

Answer: You should be just fine! Make sure when you return to get a new passport. It takes only 1 week!

Q4: Is one transit visa sufficient for going to India and Coming back or do we need to get another one on our way back. Again, how many pages are occupied by transit visa(s)?

Answer: TRansit visa only while going to india since when you come back you will have immigrant visa approval and no transit visa required on your return. So request single entry transit visa. 1 page for transit visa!

Q5: My PCC from CGI, is valid until Apr 23rd, while my interview is on Apr 13th. Do I need to get another PCC now (in case anything delays my case and I need to stay past Apr 23rd date). Please suggest.

Answer: Your existing pcc is good.

Hopefully I was able to answer your questions satisfactorily!

Remember if you fall short of pages, immigration officer can put more than one stamp on each page of your passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few questions about the POE and time between connecting flights..

Q1: How is Chicago for POE? Any experiences on the forum!

Q2: How much time should be set aside for the I-551 stamping formalities at the POE, if you have a connecting flight to catch on after the I-551 stamp.

Q3: Transit visa duration? Does it really matter while coming back?

cpnwd:

Q1: How is Chicago for POE? Any experiences on the forum!

Answer: My POE was not chicago but it should not be any different from any other POE.

Q2: How much time should be set aside for the I-551 stamping formalities at the POE, if you have a connecting flight to catch on after the I-551 stamp.

Answer: Provide at least 1 hour for immgration plus I-551 stamping plus fingerprinting!

Q3: Transit visa duration? Does it really matter while coming back?

Answer: About 1 week fr process plus mailing. REquest single entry transit visa. No need of transit visa when you return since you will have cp approval packet!

Thanks Kd!

All,

Does anyone has any experience with AirIndia flight from Newark to Mumbai/New Delhi via Paris?

My travel agent is saying that in Paris we don't need transit visa as we are not allowed to come out of the airplane. Do you think I can believe her? Does anyone has gone through this route recently. Please confirm the above fact.

On the other hand my own experience with Air India flight via London is just the opposite. They asked us to leave the plane for 30 mins and then checked for passport, visa everything again upon entering the plane for boarding the flight (i,e, now transit visa is required in London due to this procedure)

Anyone who has taken the Air India flight from Newark to Mumbai/New Delhi via Paris, please share their experiences here and confirm that transit visa is not required for Paris.

cpnwd:

The best thing to do is:

1. Call Air India office to find out for your flight whether you will step out of the plan in PAris when re-fuelling on way to india. I think you will come off the plane while re-fuelling which means you will need transit visa.

2. After 1, provide this information to French consulate/ embassy in DC (which may cater to your region since you are talking about NY/NJ area) and see what they have to say. The person @ DC french consulate is phillipe tissier! He is a nice guy...you will need to provide you name, visa status in usa (stamp/ approval), flight details and he will give you your answer.

My lawyer sent the certified I-140 package along with the I824 receipt to the Delhi embassy. The fedex was received on 28th Feb but I haven't heard anything back from the embassy. Usually, they acknowldge the acceptance of a case with an email to the lawyer. Am I right?

I tried calling the embassy but no one answers the phone. I tried calling early in the morning, late in the evening and random afternoon but all in vain.

Any suggestions? Also, not hearing anything from the embassy, does it mean that chances of the case getting accepted are low.

skb:

Although your file has been received by SOMEONE @ the consulate, it normally takes about 2-4 weeks before the consular officer decides whether you qualify for AC I-140 and for that consulate to process your case. Only at that point the attorney on the case receives an email with an acceptance/ rejection with reason of the AC I-140 application.

Expect some kind of a response by end of March! And if case is accepted then expect interview in about 2.5-3 months from that point!

Kd1403,
Thanks. What are the criterion for rejection of AC 140 application. My understanding was that Delhi embassy does AC 140 without much fuss for EB2 cases. Do you know any cases that were rejected and the reasons for the rejections.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

skb:

What are the criterion for rejection of AC 140 application.

Answer: Some of the reasons may be incomplete documentation, your case falls under another consulate other than NWD.

My understanding was that Delhi embassy does AC 140 without much fuss for EB2 cases. Do you know any cases that were rejected and the reasons for the rejections.

Answer: I have'nt come across many AC I-140 application rejections. There have been a few but for above mentioned reasons! So dont worry about it as long as your attorney does a good job with documentation and you fall under NWD consulate jurisdiction you should be fine.

For the benefit of others, who are in the same boat as I am, here is the deal (But double check from time to time):

Air India - via Paris and Frankfurt flights to Mumbai stop in Paris/Frankfurt but passengers are not allowed to come out (SO no Transit VISAs needed); However, via London flight asks everyone to leave the plane and reboard the flight (hence TRANSIT VISA needed)

This guy (Kirtan Dave) is pretty good in getting good deals for Delhi and Mumbai (kirtan_dave@hotmail.com) No Advertising just for the sake of help, as I had to go through a lot of pain finding the best flight deal for me.

Anyone with more information about airfare or flights and Transit visas, please add on. It helps every inch!

Risks CP Vs AOS

I know its a very naive question, but is there really much risk involved with CP option the way its perceived? Especially in the cases where CP case is straight forward like medical clearance, PCC, H1 history are all meticulous?
What proportion of cases are normally unsuccessful with CP? Is there a thread which we can subscribe and learn from to be safe?
thanks for replies in advance.