Likely March-April Interview in N Delhi

cpnwd.... I just checked the list on the delhi website and there are 83 E3 cases for March and I checked the date sent on NVC AVM for one of them scheduled for March 25 and it said the cases was sent on Dec' 30. So its kinda surprising that your interview hasnt come so far.

My case was forwarded to embassy on Feb 20th. I am hoping for a May interview. :confused: but after reading your case I am in doubt too....

Last edited by a moderator:
njcpdel:

AS per this new delhi consulate site: http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhint.html

There are a total of 40-41 EB cases and 35-36 are EB3 while 2 EB1 and 2 EB2. NOT SURE how you go the number 83 unless what you did is Edited the above link in word and sorted in Excel. If thats the case then it shows total candidates which could be more than one per NWD number. Open the excel sheet attached and you will see same NWD numbers appearing multiple times depending on how many candidates are on each case.

I am attaching the Excel sheet for reference...for EB cases for march @ NWD.

BTW...it normally takes about 2.5 months to get an interview once the p3 is transferred to a consulate!

kd1403

you are right. I copied the whole section as text and searched for E3. that resulted in 83 :rolleyes:

Anyway I was more keen on getting the message across to cpnwd that one of the E3 cases was sent on Dec'30 .. (I dont know whose though.....) and has an interview date on Mar 25..

njcpdel:

BTW...how come you know about a case sent by nvc to nwd on 12/30 and getting cp interview on 3/25?

What i am interested in is the NVC to Consulate date of 12/30?

I took the case # from the delhi embassy website and called NVC AVM to check the date when it was sent.

Hello,
As i mentioned in the previous postings regarding my parents petition.
NVC forwarded to New delhi embassy: 02/05/04
Packet 3 entered by consulate: 02/12/04
What are the chances of getting visa interview in april.
If chances are good, when should i call the new delhi embassy in order to find the interview date.

Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

bsingh:

Pretty high chance for april interview. For sure next week this time the interview schedule will haev been finalized! So you can try calling the nwd consulate early/ mid next week and the interview schedule will more than likely be published in 2 weeks from now.

Maybe this has been answered before...
but how do you know when is the case entered by the consulate like New Delhi.

Do you have to call and get this information and then you ask them.

njcdel:

There are three ways:

1. Call them 2 weeks after NVC has mailed P3 to the consulate

OR

2. Email them 2 weeks after NVC has mailed P3 to the consulate

OR

3. Have one of your folks back home stop by the consulate with your case number to get more details on exact date of P3 entry in the consulate system

Contacting ND Embassy: Suggestions

Hi Guys,

I tried to call the embassy at 24198062 and getting strange messages (contact Customer Care blah, blah,...).
QUESTION: Are you aware fo any change in the phone numbers or contact methodology, such as separate Customer Care...?

Also, many times with these Desi Phone cards it is difficult to get the phone ring (although nobody picks up the phone even if rings). I have tried myriad number of times at 10 to 11 pm Central time, but nobody picked up the phone.

QUESTION: Any good means (phone card etc) to contact the embassy?
QUESTION: What is the best time to call the emabssy?

I have written tons of email about my case but got hardly any reply. At times just a one liner "expect to get an information in next two months (very blunt reply w/o any information)

Question: Any strategy (except the perseverence) to get the case status- either by email or by phone.

Thanks
:)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

cpnwd:

The best times to call the consulate is 8-8:30 am and 3:30-4pm
M-F indian standard time.

The telephone numbers are still the same!

And If I were you i would not try to save money by using phone cards. Call direct!! This will save time call 800 numbers and pins and so on! By using phone card you are adding more difficulty in contacting the consulate!

I was able to get through to embassy in about 4 - 5 tries at about 9:45 PM ET and I was told that they have not received my package yet. The guy was nice and helpful and said that it sometimes takes about 3 to 4 weeks for them to enter the information in the system and asked me to call again at the end of this month.
I asked him if I shd repeat the case number again and he said the number is correct. Now does that mean that they query the NVC system because if my packet was not recieved how did the guy know that my case # was correct? :confused:

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Fortunately, just after few tries (but after few months worth of effort), I got to talk to someone is Embassy (Nice Guy). They have entered the case in the system after 3 months (sigh of relief) and told us to wait until March 15-19 to get the April Interview scheduled. I would try once more around 16th to find out if April is a possibility.

There are not many cases updated in CpTracker for New Dlehi in last 16 months. (Delhi people are not very excited about updating the CPTRACKER--which gives the idea about the trends for other people). Too many lurkers for Delhi CP should be on this forum as the number of CP cases are significant from every months list.

Another thing:
I need to apply for a new PCC as my interview scheduling has taken longer than expected.

Does any one know, "How much time it takes to get a second PCC". Is it the same time as the first one-- normally 40 days.

:)

cpnwd:

Typically second pcc also takes 40 odd days but you can talk to the person at the consulate and explain that you already have a pcc from the consulate and you have not travelled to india since the issue of that pcc and there is a very high chance that you can get the pcc in about 1-2 weeks.

thanks kd1403

This is weird that take another 40 days to issue the second PCC while the first is still valid.

hello,
just an update in my parents case.
I called new delhi embassy last night, they give me Ist april interview date for my parents.
Person on the phone told me that they send packet 4 to me in the United state (is this normal,as i am their agent), both for my mom and my dad.
I dont know how it happens.
but the guy is very nice he says that they are going to send another packet 4 to my parents in india.
Hopefully they receive it.
any feed back is really appreciate.

Thanks

Originally posted by kd1403
cpnwd:

Typically second pcc also takes 40 odd days but you can talk to the person at the consulate and explain that you already have a pcc from the consulate and you have not travelled to india since the issue of that pcc and there is a very high chance that you can get the pcc in about 1-2 weeks.

I applied for my 2nd PCC at Houston - 3rd week of Feb. Got it back within a week.

Bsingh:

Congratulations on getting an interview scheduled for your parents. But on April Fool's Day .... isnt that something! It ws this very day when my i-140 was approved and now your parents get the interview!

If you parents do not get the P4 @ indian address then anyone can stop by the consulate and pick it up by providing the case number and with a photo id (for verification)