Reasons for rejection of CP = Reason for Rejection of AOS

CP is not risky if you meet ALL these conditions:
1. Have a job with the GC sponsoring company
2. Have never been out of status exceeding 180 days
3. No criminal records in any country afetr the age of 16
4. No Contagious medical history

Re: Risks CP Vs AOS

Originally posted by pinky_1002
I know its a very naive question, but is there really much risk involved with CP option the way its perceived? Especially in the cases where CP case is straight forward like medical clearance, PCC, H1 history are all meticulous?
What proportion of cases are normally unsuccessful with CP? Is there a thread which we can subscribe and learn from to be safe?
thanks for replies in advance.

I totally concur with kd and your kind of posts give me the pleasure of replying and sounding positive.

I have been closely following the forum for the last 1 1/2 to 2
years and from the information we have here, the risk of
rejection at cp is practically negligible.

With the confidence you have in your background, you can
safely opt for CP.

Raju

Hello,
I have a queastion regarding the Medical Exam.
My DAD went for a medical exam in new delhi.
My dad has a little back problem, when he walk it is easy to find.
The doctor ask my DAD about this.
Everything else is Fine.
Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by Bsingh
Hello,
I have a queastion regarding the Medical Exam.
My DAD went for a medical exam in new delhi.
My dad has a little back problem, when he walk it is easy to find.
The doctor ask my DAD about this.
Everything else is Fine.
Any feedback is really helpful.

Thanks

It would not affect his chances with the visa process.

Raju

bsingh:

As raju said back pain is not a reason for immigration concern but do take care of your dad from a medical standpoint. Hope he feels well!

Only medical history of contagious nature is a red flag.

Embassy email

I am waiting to hear from embassy about AC 140 case acceptance. Kd suggested that I wait till the end of the month. But just in case, I don't hear, I want to send them an email. Does anyone know of an email address for this kind of querries. All my efforts to reach them on telephone has been in vain. I tried every time of the day but no one seems to answer the phone there. I definitely had expected a better service standard in an American Embassy.

Notarized Employment Letter

I just got the Notarized Employment Letter from my (stupid) attorneys and HR people.

One of the thing that I immediately noticed was that the Letter was notarized on March 19th, but the seal of notary says that "my commission expires March 27th, 2004," whereas my interview date is April 13th, 2004.

Barring the fact that Consulate persons are very fussy about small things-- I am really concerned that consulate clerks might refuse to accept this notarized letter.

Does anyone has any such experience or any good suggestion for me on the issue of Notray's commission expiry date.

Please suggest what should I do? I am leaving for India on Monday, March 29th.

:)

cpnwd:

It should not be problem since the notary public signed PRIOR to the license expiration. SO what if the notary license expires prior to your cp interview.

If you still feel uncomfortable have your employer redo the notarization of the letter citing the reason!

Case Created

Kd14,
Finally, this morning I was able to speak some one at the embassy. The consulate officer who answered the phone confirmed that they had received the package and gave me the case number. I suppose I can expect the interview in May. BTW, besides PCC and employment letter, what other documents I need from US.

Thanks. you have been a great help.

Wow! Delhi April visa dates are not out yet!!!!

Man, Mumbai is much more efficient (touch wood - hope no 'panoti' :rolleyes: ). I saw BOM scheduling interviews as early as 4th of the month.

alren;

ho ho ho...saw your update...that your p3 is mailed to consulate!
Swooosh! I am sure now you are counting days! Have you started collecting documents?

:) Thanks, kd . At least it is out of US now.

I think I've most of them. I'll sit down and figure it out this weekend.

Thanks Kd!

For Delhi CPs

Getting appointment with Dr Dawesar through email was much easier than I expected. So far they are responsive, informative and good. Let us see on the Medical day!!!

I got another Notarized letter (just in case)
Got new set of PCCs, as my previous ones are about to expire a few days after interview (another just in case item)

I guess i would go through the list of items once more and hope that everything goes well.

:)

cpnwd:

Since you have already collected your documents the only advice i can think of giving at this point is buy a TRANSPARENT folder and arrange by as required (refer form DS2001) vs recommended documents. Keep all your required docs together, each of your dependents required docs together and then recommended docs for all seperately. This will make it easy to give required documents to document collector @ the consulate!

Form DS2001:
http://www.immihelp.com/forms/ds2001fill.pdf

where do I find information for CP

Folks,
Can anybody suggest a link or website where I can find step by step things that need to happen after I 140 approval for Consular processing.
Thank you very much