Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

PCC QUESTIONS

Rajeev, Raju..
Thanks a bunch guys...really appreciate it...
It seems I need to act quick :-(...
Does anyone know how long it will take to get a PCC from the HOUSTON embassy..
IS there any embassy that's quick? I heard about the D.C. embassy that they could get the PCC in 2 weeks if u pay something like 40$..
pls confirm and advise..
dallasdude

Indian Embassy/Consulates are zoned

dallasdude,

Indian embassies/consulate are zoned. That means that a set of US states can only apply to a particular office. If you a resident of Texas, then Indian Consulate in Houston will be your point of contact. If you do send your application to Washington, it will get returned to you and you will be asked to apply in the appropriate Indian consulate.

Secondly, if your passport was issued at Indian Consulate in Houston, then the PCC will be issued in two working days. ELse the time period of getting PCC is about 45 days.

Thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCC QUESTIONS

Thanks cpdelhi man,
I t seems houston is my only option now. They said it will take a month for me..So i am looking atleast June 10th..Hopefully mine gets scheduled aroung june 25 and I will be OK..
Keeping my fingers crossed...
Does anyone know how long will it take to get PCC from the HOUSTON office. I got my PP issued in HYD...How about the delay there? I will have to use my folks in HYD to hasten the process at the PP office there..it seems..
Thanks for the help guys...
dallasdude

Re: PCC QUESTIONS

Originally posted by dallasdude
Thanks cpdelhi man,
I t seems houston is my only option now. They said it will take a month for me..So i am looking atleast June 10th..Hopefully mine gets scheduled aroung june 25 and I will be OK..
Keeping my fingers crossed...
Does anyone know how long will it take to get PCC from the HOUSTON office. I got my PP issued in HYD...How about the delay there? I will have to use my folks in HYD to hasten the process at the PP office there..it seems..
Thanks for the help guys...
dallasdude

As indicated above, apply immediately. Go to the website of
the Houston Consulate and download the forms.

1. Miscellaneous Services form ( 1 no.)
2. Personal Pariculars form ( 3 copies)

But again go to the website and follow the instructions carefully,
since you cannot afford any queries.

You can submit your initial applicaton with a photocopy of your
passport ( all pages including blank). When the consulate is
ready to issue your PCC you get notified by phone( it is also
likely this does not happen and you should be proactive in finding out ), then go to the Consualte with your original PP and you will
be issued your PCC and they also make a notation in your passport about this issual.

The second thing is taking the case reference number from the consulate and use it to expedite the process at the Passport Issue office ( Hyd. in your case) in India. This helps in cutting down the time.

Jump on it!

Raju

PCC

Thanks guys for your reply Raju595,Rajeev Kumar,kumar_sam

I could'nt apply before because my I-94 expired and my H1 extension hasnt come. NY Embassy told me that I cannot apply with expired I-94. Any ways I am trying to send one of my friend to the Passport office to Expediate the process, dont know how long it takes though. I hope everything goes smooth.

Thanks

Has anyone emailed Chennai lately?

We should have atleast one member of the June crowd emailing every day-as soon as we get the first confirmed interview date, the rest can email Chennai. My email and the reply were posted yesterday. Any volunteers for today? Please post here after you send an email, so that others will not do the same-we don't want to upset Chennai!:cool:

Re: Has anyone emailed Chennai lately?

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
We should have atleast one member of the June crowd emailing every day-as soon as we get the first confirmed interview date, the rest can email Chennai. My email and the reply were posted yesterday. Any volunteers for today? Please post here after you send an email, so that others will not do the same-we don't want to upset Chennai!:cool:

Good suggestion!
I will volunteer for today. I will send the e-mail today and post the details from the reply tomorrow morning.

Re: Re: Has anyone emailed Chennai lately?

Just now I checked these postings.

Today morning I sent an e-mail to them. I will let you know their reply once I recieve....

In last month, somebody received the reply on Apr 9th with confirmed interview date . Let's hope the same for this month also ;)

Regds,
Sam.

Guys...

It is good that we are keeping in touch with the consulate; but please post here when you email them AND when you receive a reply. This way we can take turns and safely get the info as soon as the schedule is made for next month.;)

for Rajeev/other gurus

Hi Rajeev,
Have a question for you on PCC and DS-3032 if you could kindly help.

PCC: do you know if Mumbai consulate wants a PCC <=6months old at the time of interview, or <=12 months would suffice?

DS-3032: Is this form sent to everyone by rule? Or only to folks who have asked NVC to be sent the form because they have an intent to change attorneys/to-self?
In case the former, what's the timeline after NVC creates the case (upon getting the 140-notice from INS)? Is this a step before the fee-receipt step, or are both DS-3032 and fee receipt sent simultaneously?
thanks a lot!

Re: for Rajeev/other gurus

Originally posted by zzzz_1976

DS-3032: Is this form sent to everyone by rule? Or only to folks who have asked NVC to be sent the form because they have an intent to change attorneys/to-self?

Only to those who request or only for those who don't have an attorney from the begining....

In case the former, what's the timeline after NVC creates the case (upon getting the 140-notice from INS)? Is this a step before the fee-receipt step, or are both DS-3032 and fee receipt sent simultaneously?

Yes. Could be sent together too. There is no specific timeline. Usually you could do the DS-3032 anytime during your case transistion at NVC. Ideal choice is to do it before IV fee bill. Otherwise you would be using DS-3032 to get just packet directed to you (or whom ever you specifiy) and not to the attorney.

thanks a lot!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

DS-3032

I am not very familiar with that document as I have an attorney. All consulates in India are requiring a PCC that is less than 6 months old. Good luck.:)
Did some research; DS-3032 is sent to people that are not represented by an attorney/ or rquest to change the contact person. It may be sent separately or with the fee invoice.

tax returns

CP gurus,
It seems that u need to have your tax returns for the last 3 years at the time of interview.
But I only have the returns for the last 2 years. Can I use the tax transcripts I got from the IRS for the 3rd year. Would that suffice? cause it will take atleast 60days to get a copy of your return from the IRS..
any ideas?
dallasdude :(

Re: tax returns

CP gurus,
It seems that u need to have your tax returns for the last 3 years at the time of interview.
But I only have the returns for the last 2 years. Can I use the tax transcripts I got from the IRS for the 3rd year. Would that suffice? cause it will take atleast 60days to get a copy of your return from the IRS..
any ideas?

If in case you are not able to obtain the tax return for the 3rd year... just take your w2(s). In most cases that should suffice.

If you need a copy of the 3rd year tax return, walk into your local IRS office ( check your local IRS offices at the following link -- http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html). Usually they will give it to you immediately. (Some clerks do say that the report needs to come from the head office.... )

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Reply from Chennai consulate

Hi Friends,

Here is their reply.

Anybody else got any reply today??
Who is sending a message today?? Let us know.

Regds,
Sam.

YOu may check the website on next tuesday.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 11:03 PM
To: Chennai, IV
Subject: RE: Interview date

Sir,
Here is my
Case Number : YYYYYYYYYYYY
Primary applicant Name : XXXXXXXXXXXX

You asked me to check in Second week of May if the
interview dates are confirmed or not.

Can you please check for my case.

Thank you very much in advance,
XXXX.

Financial Reports

Friends,

I need help in arranging my docs for CP:

1. My company says that they don't have AUDITED financial reports for 2002 (they are yet to do). But they have unaudited reports for 2002 and audited reports for previous years (1999, 2000, 2001). Is it OK to carry unaudited reports for 2002? or should I take previous yrs audited reports? How important is these reports? how many such reports (yearly) do we have to take? Please advice....

2. Is there a minimum balance that one should show in their bank statements when they go for CP?

3. How come now a days no one post their post-interview experiences in the forums?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Re: tax returns

CP gurus,
any ideas?

From your post it looks like you have filed the return but mis-placed your copy.

Alternative would be taking the tax transcripts, the relavant W-2,
and if you have paid any balance tax/ received any refund, then
take that information.

Take the above information for those years for which you have
copies, also.

That should be sufficient.

Re: Financial Reports

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Friends,

I need help in arranging my docs for CP:

1. My company says that they don't have AUDITED financial reports for 2002 (they are yet to do). But they have unaudited reports for 2002 and audited reports for previous years (1999, 2000, 2001). Is it OK to carry unaudited reports for 2002? or should I take previous yrs audited reports? How important is these reports? how many such reports (yearly) do we have to take? Please advice....

2. Is there a minimum balance that one should show in their bank statements when they go for CP?

3. How come now a days no one post their post-interview experiences in the forums?

Please help!!

Thanks,

1. Don't be too worried about this. This information belongs to
the category which is just supportive to take care of 'in case'
scenarios.

Take the un-audited financial statement for the latest year,
and take audited statements for the earlier years.

If you can, take for 3 years, or if you cannot, then take for
the latest 1 year ( unaudited is fine).

2. There is no minimum balance stipulation. Because in employment categories the current job or the job offer are more
important then the bank balance you have.

3. Is in't that surprising.

Very few members are coming forward with their input.

If their experience is similar to the ones posted earlier they
may be thinking that it is not important to post here.

That is not correct. Every case has its peculiarities. Even without that when members get to hear the actual experience
it will be comforting to read.

So, my advise is , even if the experience in very normal and
smooth take few minutes to post that here.

Let us give back something to the forum. We received a LOT
from it!

Raju