Likely JUNE CP at CHENNAI- track here!!!

Thanks & updated list

Hi Raju,
Thank you . I will do the same.

Hello Friends,
Here is the June probables updated list.....

--------------------------------------------
Here is the updated list.

PS : I am removing the following two names from the list. Please write back, if I made a mistake.

Chennupandu : Case sent on Apr 24th. So possibly for July
spulapak : His consulate is not chennai. Might be Mumbai/Delhi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
User ID Date ( Case sent to Chennai)

INSvermont : March 27th
nadan : March 27th
sv4G : March 27th
ansubram : Apr 2nd
hellogc : Apr 2nd
kumar_sam : Apr 2nd
Noproblem : Apr 2nd
Rajeev Kumar : Apr 2nd
ramsi_2000 : Apr 2nd
VinnakotaGangadhar: Apr 2nd
Bhagawathi : Case entered in to the system on March 18th

Regds,
Sam.

Have you tried Priceline or Hotwire for tickets to India?

Travel agents are quoting such high fares for our dates that I have decided to try- but I have to wait until my dates are confirmed, as the tickets from these 2 sites are nonrefundable and unchangeable! Hotwire had a decent price of $1400 for Chicago-Bombay for my dates- for example. Appreciate any personal experiences!

Quick question!

Guys,

I am in the July thread as my case was sent to Chennai Consulate on April 24th, 2003.

Question #1: Regarding Case entry in Chennai Consulate.

How do I get to know when my case was entered in the Chennai Consulate "System" (as described in cptracker.com). I had sent Chennai consulate an email asking whether they received my case, they replied saying that they received it and that they will get in touch with me once when the appointment is scheduled. My question is do you get your date of entry from the consulate reply? Or what is the procedure?

Question #2: Regarding PCC

My wife is still in India and has not visited US so far. I know she needs 2 PCCs -- one from Passport office, which she has already got, and the other from local police station. Where does she need to get her second PCC (from commissioner's office or from the Purasivaakkam Police station that belongs to her place of residence)? If anybody has done this before please let me know.

Question #3: Regarding requesting Chennai consulate for an Interview during the beginning of the month

Most of the Employment Based (EB) interviews are scheduled for the later part of the month than the beginning. (Almost all EB cases were scheduled only after 18th of every month -- they could be identified as E1, E2, E3 etc). I might be wrong on this. But that's my inference when I analyzed the interview schedule data of the previous four months (Only one EB2 was scheduled prior to 18th -- on Jan 8th).

I am going to India for my Mom's eye operation in the last week of June (Jun 26th through July 2nd). Also my current project goes live in the last week of July. So my client manager wants me to be here. I would like to get the GC interview scheduled to early part of July (say before 10th). Do you guys think Chennai consulate would be agreeable to this?

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP agenda

Friends,

Typically how many days should one plan on staying in India
to complete the CP process? Could you please provide some kind
of a list of things-to-do on a daily basis in India in preparation for the interview (and anything after) ?

Many thanks.

Ganesh,

First congrats on reaching the consulate.

Q1) This is called splitting the hairs. Do not worry about the
date when the case is entered in their system.

Does it matter?? The dates you see in the cptracker would
mostly be approximate dates and not really confirmed by the
consulate as such.

Atleast mine is.

Q2) No personal experience.

But in cities in AP this work is handled by the SP ( Commissioner's office). They initiate the process and in turn ask
the local police station staff to make the enquiry at the reported
place of residence.

Q3) You can try and request the Chennai consulate quoting your
reasons.

Thanks Raju,

The first question was more for the purpose of 'information'. Anyway thanks for your quick reply.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Regds,
Sam.

Hi kumar_sam,

My case was forwarded to chennai on 04/04/03 and my case was received at chennai on 04/15/03. There are many chances that I will get my interview date in June.

Thanks,

Please add my name to the list

My case was forwarded to Chennai consulate on March last week, and they confirmed interview would be mostly in June.

Thanks,

Another question:

Guys,

For married people, I guess affidavit of support I-134 is required right? Also is there any letter format that we should adhere to in getting a bank statment?

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Re: Another question:

Originally posted by bvganesh
Guys,

For married people, I guess affidavit of support I-134 is required right? Also is there any letter format that we should adhere to in getting a bank statment?

Thanks,
Ganesh.

In employment category IV cases the I-134s are required for
the spouse of the applicant and children ( Only if they are also
seeking the GC along with the applicant)

Bank statements: Most of the banks now give you the option of
downloading the statement, on line. So, the format would be
general. This is fine.

Even otherwise, if the statement just mentions the current balance on a particular date, that would be OK too.

There is no fixed format.

Raju

Thanks Raju,

BTW, when you mentioned employment category IV is it EB4? I am EB2 category. Do you think I too would need I-134?

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Originally posted by bvganesh
Thanks Raju,

BTW, when you mentioned employment category IV is it EB4? I am EB2 category. Do you think I too would need I-134?

Thanks,
Ganesh.

I meant employment category Immigrant Visa ( IV).

You would need an I-134 only if your wife is the applicant and
you are the dependent. I do not think so!

Raju

The only caveat...

is if you are related to the sponsor(employer). In that case, even the primary applicant needs a I-134.;)

Updated list

Friends:
Here is the updated list.

Bhagawathi:
Any update about your case?

getMyGcCP: March Last week
vanee : Apr 4th.

Regds,
Sam.

Q's in DS 230 & I 134

Friends,
I just filled a rough copy of DS 230 II & I - 134. Can you please tell me what should we write in the following columns. (Ofcourse these are direct questions, but I just want to avoid if I am making any mistakes)

DS 230 II:
Column 26: PERSON YOU INTEND TO JOIN AT YOUR PERMANANENT ADDRESS IN THE UNITED STATES..
Should we (both me and my wife) leave it empty?? Is it only for family based Ivs?

Column 28: SO MANY QUESTIONARIES:
In general for everybody, I guess all of these questions will be answered as NO. Right?? Just for confirmation...

I – 134 :

Column 7: I HAVE OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY, THE REASONABLE VALUE OF WHICH IS --------
Can we leave it blank or should we include the value of Car etc..

Column 11: (COMPLETE THIS BLOCK ONLY IF THE PERSON NAMED IN ITEM 3 WILL BE IN THE UNITED STATES TEMPORARILY).
We don’t need to touch this column. Right??

Thnaks in advance for your clarifications.

Best Regards,
Sam.

Tickets

Gangadhar,

Can you give me the name and contact address of the travel agen that you spoke to? I wanna book my tickets around the same time. Please forward the details ASAP. I am also going to Hyderabad from Chicago.

Thanks,

kumar_sam,

I have DS230-partII infront of me and the column numbers( questions) don't match with what you are asking.

May be one of us is using wrong DS230-II.

there is no place on DS230-partII where it asks forColumn 26:

PERSON YOU INTEND TO JOIN AT YOUR PERMANANENT ADDRESS IN THE UNITED STATES..

and when you are talking about column 28 - i am guessing you are referring to questions asked for item - 30 . You are right for most of us ( who have not run into any troble with law & don't carry any communicable diseases) it will be no.

on I-134

Yep - you can put a value to your personal property but make sure you carry enough documentation to support that value.

hope this helps
\rahul07