Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

Titers are the measure of immunity your body has ...

to all these diseases - they are measured by checking for presence of antibodies to the individual antigens of the above mentioned diseases and are reported in different dilutions. For example 1:40 which is to say that the serum has enough antibodies to neutralize the antibody at a dilution of 40. Simply put, if you have good antibody titers, you are considered immune to these diseases and there is no need for vaccination!;)

Re: Titers are the measure of immunity your body has ...

Originally posted by Rajeev Kumar
to all these diseases - they are measured by checking for presence of antibodies to the individual antigens of the above mentioned diseases and are reported in different dilutions. For example 1:40 which is to say that the serum has enough antibodies to neutralize the antibody at a dilution of 40. Simply put, if you have good antibody titers, you are considered immune to these diseases and there is no need for vaccination!;)

Rajeev Kumar,

Thank you so much for clarifying. Do you know where these titers can be drawn ? My doctor's office said that they don't administer these vaccinations- I am not sure if they will draw the titers.

Thanks,
Kant.

PCC at Chennai - Questions

Guys,

Could some body tell me how to get PCC from the LOCAL Police station at Chennai?

My wife who is in India need 2 PCC. She already has got the first one from the Passport Office.

The 2nd one she needs to get from the LOCAL police station.

Here are my questions:

1. Does she goes to the local police station (at PURASIVAAKKAM, the place where she lives) or does she needs to go to the commissioner's office?

Experienced CPers please help.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

(Sorry, I already posted this in another thread and since I didn't get any response, I'm posting it here too!)

Re: PCC at Chennai - Questions

Originally posted by bvganesh
Guys,

Could some body tell me how to get PCC from the LOCAL Police station at Chennai?

My wife who is in India need 2 PCC. She already has got the first one from the Passport Office.

The 2nd one she needs to get from the LOCAL police station.

Here are my questions:

1. Does she goes to the local police station (at PURASIVAAKKAM, the place where she lives) or does she needs to go to the commissioner's office?

Experienced CPers please help.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

(Sorry, I already posted this in another thread and since I didn't get any response, I'm posting it here too!)

The following is based on my experience in AP.

Normally the PCC requests are handled by the Commissioner's office or the SP Office. They in turn delegate the work to the police station which holds the jurisdiction over the place of residence.

Then the people from that local police station conduct the enquiry by visiting the place of residence and send back the report.

Raju

Packet 4 Received!!

Guyz,

I have received my Packet 4 at chennai address on July 13th.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Ganesh ! That was quick .

Did you get it by ordinary post ? I had sent an email to the consulate a while back giving them the local address to send it to. Hopefully , they have noted it.

Thanks,
Kant.

Kant,

Thanks. I am not sure whether it was ordinary post or something else. My wife had received it in India (and I am in US now). Guess it is usually by ordinary post or by courier.

Hopefully you would get yours too soon.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Congrats Ganesh !

Did you get your air tickets? I got the tickets for $1700 from Nashville, TN to Chennai in Lufthansa. I leaving from here on July 16th and coming back on August 16th.

Pandu.

any news on cpwaltair2's case

Hi,

Anybody know what happenned to cpwaltair2's case ? As far as I know, he received an email from the consulate that his appt is in June, but then his appt did not get updated on the web for june interview list.

Is this a rare error case ? concerned about the mismatch between email and web posting.

-Kant.

July - interview

Fellow GC aspirants,

Got interview letter.
Mine is on 22-July-03 at 9:00 AM.

Best Wishes,
Holy_GC:cool:

P4 received

My brother received the P4 at Hyderabad address on Jun 14. It came in Indian Speed Post.

My ikds names were some what written wrong. Their's are typical mulit worded long names, so some part of first name came into Lastname. Like this :

<part of Fn> <Lastname>, <First part of FN >

should I communicate this to Chennaiiv or tell them during interview ?

JULY CONFIRMED!!

Here goes the list:

USERID -- Interview Date -- P4 Received?
----------------------------------------------------
chennupandu -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
cp_chennai_hyd -- 22nd 8:00am -- ??
kant -- 22nd 8:00am -- ??
holy_gc -- 22nd 9:00am -- ??
bvganesh -- 22nd 10:00am -- YES
cpwaltair2 --
kpriya123 --
ssn43017 -- 23rd 8:00am -- YES
chencp2003 --
ram1329 --

Anybody missed out?

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Congrats Ganesh !

Originally posted by chennupandu
Did you get your air tickets? I got the tickets for $1700 from Nashville, TN to Chennai in Lufthansa. I leaving from here on July 16th and coming back on August 16th.

Pandu.

Working on my tickets....

BTW, won't 16th be cutting too close (as you will reach chennai only on 17th/18th. The reason I ask this is because, for few people, if you the doctor advises shots they are likely to get fever for a day...... Not to scare you.... Don't look too deep in to my comments and don't worry)

Ganesh,

Actually I'm from Hyderabad. I tried to get the tickets to Hyderabad on 11th or 12th. But the tickets are pretty expensive ($2250). So I have decided to go to Chennai directly and complete CP first and then go to Hyderabad. I will be reachng Chennai on 17th at 11:30 PM. I have taken Doctor appointment on 19th. So I have to complete my lab tests on 18th. I know it is pretty tight schedule, but no other way. I have to go for it as I have bought the tickets. Any way thank you very much for concern.

Pandu.

I got my interview date and updating the list.

USERID -- Interview Date -- P4 Received?
----------------------------------------------------
chennupandu -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
cp_chennai_hyd -- 22nd 8:00am -- ??
kant -- 22nd 8:00am -- ??
holy_gc -- 22nd 9:00am -- ??
bvganesh -- 22nd 10:00am -- YES
cpwaltair2 --
kpriya123 --
ssn43017 -- 23rd 8:00am -- YES
chencp2003 --
ram1329 -- 23rd 9:00am -- Not Yet