Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

questions on filling I-134

Hi,

I have some questions on filling I-134 form. I would appreciate help in this regard.

1. In item no. 8 - where it asks if the person is wholly or partially dependant - my wife is working - what do I fill in for her ?
Also, do I have to mention my child in this section - as I will be mentioning her in item no.3 where it asks for the list of persons accompanying me.

2. Item no. 10 - visa petition submitted for the dependants - Since I submitted for my wife, what date should I enter as the date of submission?

Thanks,
Kant

Re: questions on filling I-134

Originally posted by kant
Hi,

I have some questions on filling I-134 form. I would appreciate help in this regard.

1. In item no. 8 - where it asks if the person is wholly or partially dependant - my wife is working - what do I fill in for her ?
Also, do I have to mention my child in this section - as I will be mentioning her in item no.3 where it asks for the list of persons accompanying me.

2. Item no. 10 - visa petition submitted for the dependants - Since I submitted for my wife, what date should I enter as the date of submission?

Thanks,
Kant

1. It does not really matter, you can write partially dependent or
say 'not dependent'.

You would have to mention your child and you can say
'wholly dependent' or 'partially dependent' since your wife
is working.

2. I believe we do not fill anything here, because the petition
if filed by the employer. But I will check my document and post
again.

Raju

Re: CONFIRMED JULY

Hello Everybody,

I have been going thru this forum for quite a longtime and this is my first post :

Case sent to Consulate - May 9th 2003
Packet IV Received - June 14th 2003
Interview Scheduled - July 22nd 2003, 9 AM
POE - August 10th 2003, Los Angeles

Leaving from LA - July 14th Night, (Singapore Airlines - ticket price $1085)
Planning to do Medicals on July 17th - 18th

Hope to meet fellow CPers in Chennai, during Medicals & at the Consulate !

My sincere thanks to Rajiv Khanna and the forums members : Srifx, Abu Lafya ... Raju, Rajeev, bvganesh, et all ...
for the wealth of information made available thru this forum !!

Thanks
Karthi

JULY CONFIRMED

Thanks Karthi,

Welcome to the club and wishing you the best with your cp. Hope to see you at chennai.

USERID -- Interview Date -- P4 Received?
--------------------------------------------------
chennupandu -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
cp_chennai_hyd -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
kant -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
holy_gc -- 22nd 9:00am -- YES
karthi_ram -- 22nd 9:00am -- YES
bvganesh -- 22nd 10:00am -- YES
ssn43017 -- 23rd 8:00am -- YES
ram1329 -- 23rd 9:00am -- Not Yet
chencp2003 -- 23rd 10:00am -- YES
gopal72 -- 29th ??:??am -- ??

Following got moved over to JUNE interview!!
------------------------------------------------------------
cpwaltair2 --
kpriya123 --

Last edited by a moderator:
ganesh,

cpwaltair and priya are interviewing in June- I would guess they prefer not to do it all over in July, even though they have good company! LOL:D

Thanks Rajeev.

They initially sent mails saying that they were expecting a JULY interview and then guess probably got busy preparing for the JUNE interview and forgot to post us back.

Anyway, thanks for the update. (They are free to join us for a JULY interview too!! :D )

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: questions on filling I-134

Originally posted by Raju595
1. It does not really matter, you can write partially dependent or
say 'not dependent'.

You would have to mention your child and you can say
'wholly dependent' or 'partially dependent' since your wife
is working.

2. I believe we do not fill anything here, because the petition
if filed by the employer. But I will check my document and post
again.

Raju

Raju,

Thank you so much for your response. Please do let me know what you find in your document regarding filling item 10. I greatly appreciate your help.

-Kant.

birth certificate information

I have my interview scheduled for June 26th. Thought I'd post here as the June CP'ers would be busy travelling and preparing for their interviews.

I have my original birth certificate with me, but it doesn't indicate my name as per the practice in those days. All it shows is my parents' name and the location where I was born.

Just wanted to make sure if this is sufficient or if I need to provide any additional document to show my name.

Many thanks and good luck to all.

Re: birth certificate information

Originally posted by ansubram
I have my interview scheduled for June 26th. Thought I'd post here as the June CP'ers would be busy travelling and preparing for their interviews.

I have my original birth certificate with me, but it doesn't indicate my name as per the practice in those days. All it shows is my parents' name and the location where I was born.

Just wanted to make sure if this is sufficient or if I need to provide any additional document to show my name.

Many thanks and good luck to all.

It will be better for you (to avoid any anxious moments at the CP interview time) to carry an birth certificate affidavit which has your name with your parents name also. There is a sample copy of the affidavit of birth certificate on one of the threads here.

A birth certificate without an individual's name could be a problem.

Thanks.

Medical form question

In the medical form , when filling address, do we give the U.S address or the local (in my case , chennai) address ?

Thanks,
Kant.

Re: Medical form question

Originally posted by kant
In the medical form , when filling address, do we give the U.S address or the local (in my case , chennai) address ?

Thanks,
Kant.

We filled the US address since we claimed that to be our
permanent address.

Raju

Re: Re: Medical form question

Originally posted by Raju595
We filled the US address since we claimed that to be our
permanent address.

Raju

As always, Raju - I appreciate your prompt response . Thank you !

-Kant.

Re: JULY CONFIRMED

Originally posted by bvganesh
Thanks Karthi,

Welcome to the club and wishing you the best with your cp. Hope to see you at chennai.

USERID -- Interview Date -- P4 Received?
--------------------------------------------------
chennupandu -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
cp_chennai_hyd -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
kant -- 22nd 8:00am -- YES
holy_gc -- 22nd 9:00am -- YES
karthi_ram -- 22nd 9:00am -- YES
bvganesh -- 22nd 10:00am -- YES
ssn43017 -- 23rd 8:00am -- YES
ram1329 -- 23rd 9:00am -- Not Yet
chencp2003 -- 23rd 10:00am -- YES
gopal72 -- 29th 10:00am -- Not yet

Following got moved over to JUNE interview!!
------------------------------------------------------------
cpwaltair2 --
kpriya123 --

Updated my interview time. I am planning to write an email to Consulate today to find out which address they have send my P4.

Attorney's Review

Hi Guyz,

I have an appointment with my attorney tomorrow at 10:45 AM (EST) for the final review and Interview preparation. If you guys are having any questions to ask, please feel free to post here. I will be glad to ask my Attorney.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Guys,

I have booked the tickets and I'm leaving on 3rd July and coming back on 26th July. POE would be New York!

I got Air-India for $1620/- that's the cheapest I could negotiate from Kansas City to Chennai. The travel agent is Peddi from world class travels & the phone # is 908-722-8300.

I am planning to do Lister lab on 5th July and have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Vijayalakshmi on 7th July for myself and my wife.

My wife was able to get her PCC only from the local police station. I hope it is okay.

BTW, if any of you need any help, I would be available at Chennai from the 6th July. You could reach me at (44)-5585-3992 or (44)-2642-7835. Just ask for me and if in case I am not there, please leave your name & phone number and I would call you back.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question regarding filling DS-230 part 2

Hi,

Please help me fill the following sections in DS-230 Part II.

Item No. 26 - Where it asks for Middle Name - If there is no middle name, do I just leave it blank or type "None".

Item no. 33 a- "Do you want SSA to assign you a new SSN ?"
I assume I should answer No to this, since I have SSN.

Item No. 33 b - Consent to Disclosure (immigration info to SSA - Yes/No).
Do we click NO in response to this ?

Thanks in advance.

Kant.