Likely JULY interview -- CHENNAI --- TRACK HERE...

Re: Question regarding filling DS-230 part 2

Originally posted by kant
Hi,

Please help me fill the following sections in DS-230 Part II.

Item No. 26 - Where it asks for Middle Name - If there is no middle name, do I just leave it blank or type "None".

I left it blank for my wife. (I have a middle name!). The reason I didn't fill it up with 'NONE' is because I could always add 'NONE' if need be. But erasing would be a pain.

Item no. 33 a- "Do you want SSA to assign you a new SSN ?"
I assume I should answer No to this, since I have SSN.

If you already have an SSN, then you should say no.

Item No. 33 b - Consent to Disclosure (immigration info to SSA - Yes/No).
Do we click NO in response to this ?

I selected Yes (I guess!).

Thanks in advance.

Kant.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Question regarding filling DS-230 part 2

Originally posted by bvganesh
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Ganesh,

Thanks for your response. One more quick question - are you carrying the G-28 (attorney representation ) form with you ?

Thanks.

-Kant

No Kant. I am not taking G-28 with me! I had asked my lawyer. She said I don't need to bother about it.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Re: Question regarding filling DS-230 part 2

Ganesh,

Thanks for your response. One more quick question - are you carrying the G-28 (attorney representation ) form with you ?

Thanks.

-Kant

I carried this form but they gave it back to me in the beginning itself. So, you need not bother about this.

Raju

thanks, bvganesha and raju

Ganesh and Raju,

Thanks for your responses.

Regards,
Kant.

230 Part 1

Hi

I am not sure if this question was already answered in the forum..

Do we fill out the a new 230 Part 1 again? I was thinking that its the same as the one we sent earlier with our Packet 3 or something like that.

I received a copy of that form from my lawyer. Should I fill out a new one again for the interview or just take the copy. Can someone please advise...

thank you!

some questions.

Hi All,
Thanks for everyone's inputs for my earlier questions.
I finally got a PCC from the Bangalore comm. office. Now i have one from Chennai & Bangalore. I'm still waiting for my PP from the PP office, where i had submitted it for the PP PCC. It's been 3 weeks.

In the mean time i had some questions:
1. I had tested positive for TB(normal xray, 11mm on the Skin test) while in the US and had taken 6-mo medication. I have a vaccine certificate from the county health. Is this ok or would this mean that i have TB and hence my Visa rejected?

2. Anyone have a sample Marriage Affidavit? Can't register my marriage since Christian marriages seem to be treated differently in TN. It turns out like a new marriage and not with the original marriage date.

3. Can the marriage & birth affidavits be notorized by any Notary Public in India or does it have to be notorized by a specific officer?

4. Can a friend collect my Tax Transcripts from the local IRS office?

5. Being in India can i fill the i-134. How would i answer Item2?

6. Should i include a seperate employer letter for i-134 or can i use a copy of the offer letter?

Thanks!

paystubs

Is it enough if we take the last 4 paystubs for the interview ?

Thanks,
-Kant.

Re: paystubs

Is it enough if we take the last 4 paystubs for the interview ?

Thanks,
-Kant.

Last 4 pay stubs should be enough. There is no such requirement to take one or many pay stubs. CPers usually carry paystubs for just-in-case questions. But last 3 to 4 should be enough to support any questions by consular officer about your present salary withdrawal.

thanks & Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: paystubs

Originally posted by cpDelhi
Last 4 pay staubs should be enough. There is no such requirement to take one or many pay stubs. CPers usually carry paystubs for just-in-case questions. But last 3 to 4 should be enough to support any questions by consular officer about your present salary withdrawal.

thanks & Good Luck.

cpDelhi,

Thanks for your quick response .

-Kant.

Got my medicals Done!

Guys,

Here is my GC timeline. Since I am a native Chennai resident, I don't have any notes on Hotel (for stay) and autorickshaw (for travel).

5th July 3:00am: Reached India
5th July 8:15am: My wife & myself had gone to lister labs.
5th July 8:35am: Completed the forms with the photo.
5th July 8:50am: Got our X-ray and blood extracted.

Cost: Rs. 1200.00/-

Things required here:
1. Your GC appointment letter.
2. Medical form that is available with packet 4
3. Passport size photographs (one for each individual). (It could be ordinary passport size photograph and doesn't require immigration style)

(For people trying to locate this. Mention "GANPAT" hotel on NUNGAMBAKKAM HIGH ROAD as a reference. This street 'JAGANATHAN STREET' is just opposite to this hotel)

5th July 10:30am: Went to camera citi.
5th July 10:40am: Immigration style photographs taken for both myself and my wife.
5th July 11:00am: Waited for 15 minutes and collected the photographs.

Wife had to take off her ear-ring, bindi and I had to take of my spectacles.

Cost: Rs. 200.00 (for 10 copies each -- for myself & my wife. No negatives provided as this is done digitally)

Things required here:
NONE

5th July 4:30pm: Collected our x-rays and reports (sealed in an envelope with the medical form we had filled) from lister labs

Cost: None. As everything was pre-paid in the morning.

Things required here:
None.

5th July 5:03pm: Went to Dr. Vijayalakshmi's hospital. We had our appointment for 5:00pm.
5th July 5:30pm: Called in by the Dr.
5th July 5:45pm: General checkup completed. Dr. asked me whether I had got chicken pox. I said yes, when I was a kid. Hence no Chicken pox vaccine. Only MMR.
5th July 5:55pm: My wife's checkup completed and MMR admistered to her even though she had MMR when she was a kid.
5th July 6:10pm: Dr. V gave the reports in a sealed envelope. She mentioned everything was mentioned in the report and seem to be ok. (Just curious, did Dr. V give the reports sealed for everybody who had gone to her?)

Cost: Rs. 1500.00/- (Rs. 600.00 per person for the visit and Rs. 150.00 per person for the MMR)

Things required here:
1. Your GC appointment letter
2. Any past vaccination report with date (if available).

NOTE: Any vaccination older than 4 or 5 years would usually be discounted and may have to be readministered. The Dr. mentioned this. Also she wanted to post the info to the fourm that if you have any vaccination records, please make sure you bring it. Atleast get a letter from your family Doctor mentioning what vaccinations were administered to you and when.

TIMELINE continues......

Just wondering.

Has anyone had their medicals done by Dr. Sanjan John?
A search of the forum didn't show anything.

Re: Got my medicals Done!

bvganesh,

Thanks for posting your medical experience in detail. I will be starting next week (July 15th) from dallas to chennai. I am a native of chennai too .

-Kant.

PCC & Tax Transcripts

PCC :

I got my PCC Certificate and stamping in the Passport from Indian Consulate in San Francisco. PCC looks like a normal certificate, signed by the Consular - thats seems alright.

The PCC observation stamping in the passport says :
PCC issued for USA. Is that right ? Should it say USA or INDIA ?

Also in the same page in the Passport, there is a Consul Officer Seal, but not signed, Would that be an oversight ? Will this be a problem ?

Tax Transcripts :

The Tax Transcirpts that I got from the IRS are only for the Fedral filing, do we need to obtain transcripts for the State Tax filing ?
If so, how do we go about getting that, for California ?

Thanks
Karthi

You are OK.

As long as the actual PCC is signed and sealed, it does not matter what it says on the passport. you don't need state tax transcripts. Good luck.;)

Hi,
I got my PCC from the Indian Consulate in Chicago and this was not sealed, i was a single page letter signed and stamped by the consular general. Am i missing something?

Originally posted by amigo777
Hi,
I got my PCC from the Indian Consulate in Chicago and this was not sealed, i was a single page letter signed and stamped by the consular general. Am i missing something?

What you have is what you need.

Apart from the letter they would have written the issue info in your passport also.

This is all you need.

Raju

tax return

For 2002, I filed my return electronically, I do have a printout of my filing. Is this ok to submit during the CP interview ? Should it be notorized or something ? I have a copy of the tax transcript also which shows the 2002 filing.

Thanks,
Kant.

Re: tax return

For 2002, I filed my return electronically, I do have a printout of my filing. Is this ok to submit during the CP interview ? Should it be notorized or something ? I have a copy of the tax transcript also which shows the 2002 filing.

Thanks,
Kant.

You are fine with the copy you have. That is all you need to carry.
There is no need to notarize it.

Raju

DS230 Part I & Fees

When going for the CP Interview at the Consulate, I see that we need to take the DS 230 Part I.

Is that a photocopy of the same that we submitted with Packet III or should we type up a new DS 230 Part I, including the necessary changes and modifications ? (NONE & Address changes etc)

Also, apart from the DD for Blue Dart Courier and the proof for $335 Fee Bill Receipt, is there any other fees or DD that we need to take for the Interview ?

Thanks
Karthi