Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

hi rjain
quick question-how closely do they check the birth certs as mine is the official birth cert but those days they did not list both parents on it. i just realized the requirment for both parents to be listed. it is too late to do anything about it but just wanted to know
thanks

tenzing said:
hi rjain
quick question-how closely do they check the birth certs as mine is the official birth cert but those days they did not list both parents on it. i just realized the requirment for both parents to be listed. it is too late to do anything about it but just wanted to know
thanks

Hi Tenzing,

Can't say for sure because in both my wife and my case everything was there so no questions were asked. I would suggest that if you still have time to get affidavits from your parents as added support and keep them with you in case they ask for it. I did give them our school certs with copies which the officer took.

If you are running tight on time, then take your chances and if they ask for support then you could take it latter.

Good Luck!

Rjain.

Photographer inside consulate

Guys

Is there a photographer inside the Delhi consulate as well like the mumbai one has? After hearing the experiences of ppl from mumbai consulate I was wondering in case delhi consulate rejects the photos that the person carries.. then what is the quickest option??

njcpdel said:
Guys

Is there a photographer inside the Delhi consulate as well like the mumbai one has? After hearing the experiences of ppl from mumbai consulate I was wondering in case delhi consulate rejects the photos that the person carries.. then what is the quickest option??

Hi NJCPDEL,

No, I didn't see any. There's a recommended photographer they have @ Malcha Marg market which is about 10 minutes walking from the consulate. I took photos from Kumar Studio in South Ext. II which worked out well for both of us. Remember, you need the frontal photos now too!

Good Luck,

Rjain

Photographer

NJCPDEL,

The US Embassy has recommended TWO studios in Delhi.
One of which as RJAIN has mentioned is in Malcha Marg, next to Moti Mahal Restaurant. It goes by the name of White Sales Corp (if memory serves me right). I got my snaps there. The photographer treated me (and I suppose other CPers) like a VIP and did a very proficient and quick job. He charged Rs100 for any set of 3 photos, and delivered them in half an hour. He used a digital camera.
The second studio is called Khan studios. I dont remember where it is.
But both the studio addresses are given in the annexures accompanying Packet 4.
As the photo requirements have recently changed since July 12, i would suggest you use one of the two recommended studios.

P_L

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitambar_Lal said:
NJCPDEL,

The US Embassy has recommended TWO studios in Delhi.
One of which as RJAIN has mentioned is in Malcha Marg, next to Moti Mahal Restaurant. It goes by the name of White Sales Corp (if memory serves me right). I got my snaps there. The photographer treated me (and I suppose other CPers) like a VIP and did a very proficient and quick job. He charged Rs100 for any set of 3 photos, and delivered them in half an hour. He used a digital camera.
The second studio is called Khan studios. I dont remember where it is.
But both the studio addresses are given in the annexures accompanying Packet 4.
As the photo requirements have recently changed since July 12, i would suggest you use one of the two recommended studios.

P_L

To add to Pitambar's mail, the second studio is Rama Color labs in Khan Market. The notice board in the waiting area mentioned some other studios including most probably the biggest one in Delhi -- Mahatta's in CP and soem others in CP. So you have a good choice.

Rjain

Correction

Rjain and NJCPDEL,
I stand corrected.
The second studio as mentioned by RJAIN is Rama Color Lab in Khan Market.
Heck i am still jet lagged.

P_L

August guys ...

Going by the trend, NWD would probably update its site between the 18th and 25th.

Did anyone receive Aug. dates yet ?

Birth Certificate affidavit

Guys

I have a birth certificate which does not have my name.
I also have Class X certificate (marksheet) which contains the name and date of birth.
I was also planning to carry affidavits from my parents and sent them the format of the immihelp and my father told me that .. this pt "(6) A request has been made with the proper authorities for...." should not be included.

Is this ok.

njcpdel said:
Guys

I have a birth certificate which does not have my name.
I also have Class X certificate (marksheet) which contains the name and date of birth.
I was also planning to carry affidavits from my parents and sent them the format of the immihelp and my father told me that .. this pt "(6) A request has been made with the proper authorities for...." should not be included.

Is this ok.

HI NJCP,

This should be fine as the affidavits should supplement any missing information on the BC.

RJain

Packet 4

please advise..the packet 4 my friends picked up at the embassy ( as i have still not received it here for IV on july 28)....is a routine description and details of documents needed etc.....It does not have a specific cover letter with my name or appointment time/date...is that the typical experience of people who have had this picked there before..will appreciate a quick response as I leave on monday for India...thanks

hi,
there should be an appt letter with your name and interview date and time on it and also your NWD case no.it is must for med and interview.even i collected it by hand at consulate.
austin.

Hi elector,

The p4 that my friend picked up from the consulate had two cover letters with the info as Austin detailed -- one addressed to me and one to my lawyer. You should request your friend to double-check and go back to the consulate -- without the letter you cannot do the med and enter the consulate.

Rjain.

Finally in CP

Hello gurus ,

Recently, I got relieving News of Approval of I-140. here are my case details.

EB3/RIR /CP @ ND
DOL APD ---> 4/30/04
I-140 ND -- > 5/12/04
I-140 APD ---> 7/15/04

Please share, based on your experience the next steps towards CP. Would be helpful with Approximate # of business days taken for that starting from I-140 Approval.
When should I expect my Interview?
When is the good time to apply for PCC from Chicago for myself and wife?
What other Preperation i can make to avoid any delays in submitting papers etc?
Pls post your comments as I am new to this forum and have only a little Idea about CP.

Thanks

Thanks. I will call tomorrow night to find if I made the August list.

MiDelhi said:
a bunch of us received august 2nd.
this was told to us around june 20th via email

Bhasu,

Browse through this forum and you will get most of your answers. If you anything specific, post the Qs and members will eagerly help.

hi rjain,
congrats once again for your clearance.
I spent a nice vacation in India,now going to US this week.was just going thru 'my papers.their is no actual stamp of any kind on my passport.just a red slip outside passport with my IV no. on it and plus(offcourse)the huge packet.was it same for you?and it must be difficult to carry that packet.do we need to hand carry xrays also?
any special thing to keep in mind at poe?
thanks.
austin.