Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

a quick question about BC affidavits and non-availability certis.

- Should BC affidavits and non-availability certis be very recent ?
Mine are about 1.5 yrs old.

Could that be a problem ?

thanks

yes.
they should be recent.mine were 6 months old so was advised by my lawyer to get recent ones for embassy interview.
austin.

August interviwees

Would August interviewees please come forward and discuss so that the current trend of information sharing can be kept alive!

My own interview is likely to be in Sept.

Rjain: Please edit and name this thread something more general such as "Delhi June 2004 and onwards interview discussions".

Many thanks, guys!

gumbo said:
Would August interviewees please come forward and discuss so that the current trend of information sharing can be kept alive!

My own interview is likely to be in Sept.

Rjain: Please edit and name this thread something more general such as "Delhi June 2004 and onwards interview discussions".

Many thanks, guys!

Hi Gumbo,

I cannot edit the thread title -- I tried it didn't work so let's request the moderator to do so.

Thx,

rjain.

MiDelhi said:
a quick question about BC affidavits and non-availability certis.

- Should BC affidavits and non-availability certis be very recent ?
Mine are about 1.5 yrs old.

Could that be a problem ?

thanks

I have not heard about any one saying that they ran into trouble carrying
documents that are not current dated. These documents are not time-dependent.

I do not see a problem with the documents you have.

While you can, for your peace of mind take affidavits with a fresh date, I do not recommend you to spend time and money to get a new NAC.

Raju

Cp Experience

Shoot.
I posted my interview experience in the Consular Processing (New Delhi) thread.
Must be the jet lag.

P_L

Pitambar_Lal said:
Shoot.
I posted my interview experience in the Consular Processing (New Delhi) thread.
Must be the jet lag.

P_L

Hi Pitambar,

Congrats on a successful CP and welcome back to the US as an immigrant!!

Read your detailed postings in the sister thread and thoroughly enjoyed the details and felt that I was with you @ the interview. I guess barring the name-check delays our experiences were quite similar.

Cheers,

Rjain.

Question

Are the interviwees for the next month contacted/informed before the consulate posts the schedule on its website ? Or, does one have to call/email to know ?

Also, by what date the August interviwees, for example, can expect to be informed/contacted by the consulate. How about for the Sept. interviwees ?

Many thanks!

gumbo said:
Are the interviwees for the next month contacted/informed before the consulate posts the schedule on its website ? Or, does one have to call/email to know ?

Also, by what date the August interviwees, for example, can expect to be informed/contacted by the consulate. How about for the Sept. interviwees ?

Many thanks!

Gumbo,

There's no established way to know the dates -- see if you can send e-mails to know if your date is in August. The telephonic route requires a lot of patience and luck as all of us in July found out.

Rjain

Thanks.

If a candidate does not contact or email the consulate (just a hypothetical case), how soon/late would he come to know of interview ? Would it be as soon as the interview list is published on the web or sooner than that ?

Many thanks!

PS: BMB consulate appears to be more communicative than NWD.

gumbo said:
Thanks.

If a candidate does not contact or email the consulate (just a hypothetical case), how soon/late would he come to know of interview ? Would it be as soon as the interview list is published on the web or sooner than that ?

Many thanks!

PS: BMB consulate appears to be more communicative than NWD.

Hi Gumbo,

The published schedule is their normal way of communication but they try to mail the P4 on time.

In my case, my interview was on July 1st and the list was published very late (June 23rd or so) but did get an email confirmation on June 10th. The Package 4 arrived on June 18th. I did my bookings once the e-mail was received. Without the e-mail confirming the interview, I would have been in trouble especially with the early interview date!

Yes BMB and MDR are much more responsive then NWD!!

Rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! You're a blessing to the NWD thread.

Since I haven't heard so far, I'll assume my interview to be in Sept (or, if NWD wants to shock at the last moment, may be in Aug). Learning from this site, I have collected the following documents:

1. Notarized empl. letter (did I do it too early ? will it be valid for 2 months ?)
2. Notarized form 134 and bank letter
3. PCC from Indian embassy
4. Tax return transcripts from IRS
5. Birth NAC + affidavits from parents
6. I have the originals/copy of all the INS documents etc.

What else would I need ?

Many thanks!

PS: I have not received any response to emails from NWD so far.

Document List

Hi Gumbo and others,

I'm attaching a list of documents that I gathered:

- The medical visit docs were all used.
- Most of the items in Folder 1 and 2 were required.
- Nothing from 3,4 & 5 were asked or required.
- Folder 6 had extra items that I didn't take with me but kept them at my house in Delhi.

Rjain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guru's

Has any body gone through this before for AC-140 at NWD

Mine is AC-140 case. Documents were received by NWD consulate on June 07. I tried few times this month to find out my case number. However I was repeatedly told that my case has not beed received and was asked to send email with shipment details. I sent shipment details 2 3 times via but never got response. Yesterday night I called NWD consulate again and was told the same that my case has not reached there and was asked to send email. I told that I have already done that and have not received any response. When I insisted that I wanted speak to supervisor , I was tranferred to an extension. That person asked my last name and said that My case in UNDER REVIEW and asked me contact after 2 weeks. Before I could ask him what kind of review it is, he hung up the line.

Does any know what kind of review is done for AC-140 request ?

Thanks guys

gchope2166

I am also planning to go through AC-140 at New Delhi. I think my lawyer will be sending the packet-3 to ND by early next week.

Lets be in touch. Have you asked them what kind of review they are doing?

Rseth
gchope2166 said:
Guru's

Has any body gone through this before for AC-140 at NWD

Mine is AC-140 case. Documents were received by NWD consulate on June 07. I tried few times this month to find out my case number. However I was repeatedly told that my case has not beed received and was asked to send email with shipment details. I sent shipment details 2 3 times via but never got response. Yesterday night I called NWD consulate again and was told the same that my case has not reached there and was asked to send email. I told that I have already done that and have not received any response. When I insisted that I wanted speak to supervisor , I was tranferred to an extension. That person asked my last name and said that My case in UNDER REVIEW and asked me contact after 2 weeks. Before I could ask him what kind of review it is, he hung up the line.

Does any know what kind of review is done for AC-140 request ?

Thanks guys

gchope2166 said:
.. asked my last name and said that My case in UNDER REVIEW and asked me contact after 2 weeks.
Thanks guys

I believe that's the turning point when your application is pulled from the pile and put on the visa officer's table.

The "REVIEW" means the visa officer actually signing on and accepting your application. I heard they do such review only periodically (i.e., mid of month / end of month etc.). Once accepted, the staff generates a case number after feeding your P3 information.

BTW, all this is for the NWD only. BMB sends out acceptance quite fast.

Gchope, rseth, gumbo,

Actually "REVIEW" is the general term used by all the consulates before they assign you a case number, all they will be doing is to check the correctness in the document DS-230 part I and also if you really belong to that consulate. So it is nothing kind of scary. So don't worry.

Yeah some consulate work fast and some get delayed due to load. So two weeks doesn't mean really two weeks you can chase them before that also.

Thanks