Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Anyone heard from NWD?

Hey GUys,
Has anyone heard yet form NWD about JUly schedule. I am getting slightly nervous.

SKB

SKB, Austin, Pitambar and others,

Hi,

I finally received an email late last week confirming my interview for the 1st of July. I’d a hectic weekend as my family was leaving for India and I’d to organize my own trip during the peak season so couldn’t post earlier. Everything is now in place hopefully.

I’d been bugging them with urgent emails saying that I would like a July interview, as my family will be India during that time. My lawyer was saying that they finalize the schedule between the 10th and the 18th and post by the 21st. The email says that the P4 has been mailed but I’ll send someone to pick it up this week, as things are getting very tight.

Cheers,

Rjain

COngrats RJain..

I tried calling them for over 2 hours last night and well guess what.. No Go.. :-(

Hi NJCPDEL,

The phone attempt on my part was a wasted effort of 2-3 days and 2 hours each time with nothing happen. Finally I started sending emails with URGENT and Case # in the subject line – that seemed to have done the trick in eliciting a response.

Rjain.

Rjain,
Thats an awesome news. Congrats!!!. Well anyone else heard one way or the other. Will try sending them an email again.

SKB

Hi SKB, NJCPDEL,

Thanks for your wishes. I’m sure seeing that my date has been confirmed, they must be getting ready to start giving the schedule individually – hopefully this week everyone who tries via e-mail should know their dates and then next week it should be on the web. Good Luck. :)

Bye,

Rjain

Congrats Rjain

Great News Rjain!!

Wish you luck for a successful interview!

I could talk to a person at consulate last week and I was told that I should call in July first week. So it seems mine will be in August.

Hi CpFromDelhi,

Sorry to hear that they are pushing you off to August; you have been very patiently holding for a date – still view the list when it is published to see if you have been included due to anyone else postponing.

Bye,

Rjain

No reply yet

Hi All,
I sent an email to the embassy and haven't heard at all. I tried calling them for an hour and on one answered the phone. Seems like they know that around 15th people will be bugging so they keep the phone away. From RJain email's it is clear that the scheduled is fixed for July so not hearing may mean wait for one more month. Did anyone else hear from the embassy?

congrats!!

hi rjain2,
i can bet that u have got the best deal in term of date.u must be all prepared for such early date.anyways all the best.
skb14,may be we are not that lucky in terms of getting response through email 'cause even i'm sending regular emails since last week but just getting the standard response(sir/madam,we have received your papers blah blah blah)
just in hope i'll continue bugging them.but one thing is definate that the date when they receive the papers doesn't matter much to them.
good luck!
austin.

Hi Austin,

I was projecting a date around mid-July to early August based on the slim experience data in the cptracker for ND and my lawyer's advice. Since my family is already in India for vacation, it’s easy for me to organize my travel at a short notice.

I'm including an Excel model that I'd built to track and forecast dates following the cptracker status steps -- hopefully others may find it a useful tool to play with!

Good Luck!

Rjain

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!!!

Hi RJain, Austin & ALL
So finally I got the email!!! I am schduled for July 6th. I can't believe it took them this long to schedule it. Well, thanks to you for wonderful support. You are the great guys. Austin, I hope that for you its just matter of a few days. Hang in there.

Hi SKB,

Great news!!! As I’d suspected they seem to be finalizing the dates now and emailing the applicants giving @ 3 weeks notice. When you get a chance, you may want to update the www.cptracker.com unless you’re posting there with a different id.

Cheers,

Rjain.

Congrats!!

congratulations!
so two good news this week and many more to come.did u also send repeated emails to them?
i have requested them for an early july date too but haven't yet got any response.hopefully they are moving on to april receipt dates now.
cheers.
austin.

Hi Austin,

I wouldn't be surprised if you are scheduled for mid-late July based on your reciept date; assuming their scheduling process is reasonably biased towards submission date.

Requesting other ND Cpers also who may be passively following this forum have any updates on their interviews or interactions with ND, please particiapte so that we can all benefit.

Cheers,

Rjain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi every one
This is my first post in this thread.

I hope this information will be helpful to guys expecting July appointment.
Last night I called NWD consulate and they confirmed me that my interview date is scheduled on July 27th 10AM. They have despatched Pct 4 to both of my US and Indian add.

Mine is EB2/RIR-employment based.
Pct 3 was received by NWD consulate on May 20th.
Interview date July 27th.
Thanks
Tusar Giri

Hi Tusar,

Welcome to out little forum for ND CPers and congrats on getting a July confirmation. If you get a few minutes, please update your info on the www.cptracker.com as this will help everyone (particularly future ND CPERs) in comparing and extrapolating their cases.

Thx,

Rjain

Hi everyone,

Based on the postings in this forum and on the cptracker, we have the following interviews indicated till date for July:

Rjain: July 1st
SKB: July 6th
Tusar July 27th
Godbole (cptracker) July 27th

There should be 30-40 more cases that we’re not aware of but hopefully will get more information as we get the list updated on ND web site.

I’ve also sent an email to the consulate to clarify the courier charges; if it’s husband & wife attending then do they expect Rs. 800 to courier 2 passports! Also, it’s not clear on their web site whether cash is acceptable or is it dd. Will post the response when I get it.

Thx,

Rjain.

PS: I realize that this is my 100th posting and feel very lucky that this forum has allowed us to exchange information and most importantly provide morale support for all of us. We have benefited tremendously from active participation of seniors who even after getting their GCs have been enthusiastically helping us – hats off to these ‘gurus’ for their time commitment and patience with us!!

Thanks

Thanks guys.
Rjain,
I have a few questions:
What kind of identification is required on a person who will be picking up the Packet 4 from the US Embassy for me.

How much time does it take to do the medical.

Is it okay to fly via Toronto on our way back?

Thx.

Hi SK,

A friend of mine had sent his assistant today to pick up the package – he just e-mailed me that he’s got it with him. He sent my case # and name, that’s it. I’ve asked him to fax me some of the key pages.

I’ve setup an appointment with Dr. Dawesar @ Bhikajai Cama Place – she sounded very nice on the phone and said that it takes her 1-2 business days to prepare the reports. In case she doesn’t have them on time, you can still go to the interview - -the visa will be issued on submission of the reports.

I guess you’re getting a good deal from Air Canada. I was getting confusing answers on using it from transit visa & POE perspective. Fortunately my dilemma was resolved as I got a good deal on KLM and took it. I’ve traveled 6 times from Canadian airports into US in the last 15 years and never had a problem when I was on non-immigrant visas; I’m not sure how the GC procedures for POE are handled by US immigration @ Toronto. I don’t think there should be any issue as Canadians returning from getting their CP @ Toronto would face the same situation.

Cheers,

Rjain2.