Likely CP Interviews in Sep / Oct Chennai

Vj,

Rashmi mentionde in some thread that she tried the ncv avm with some case #s to see when the case was forwarded and when the interview was..

Dilbert
VJ2002 said:
hi rashmi,

My case also forwarded to Chennai consulate on 20Th July(EB3).
Can i expect interview in the month of September...
Thanks
VJ

Hey Guys,

You can try the same if you have some spare time. Export all the August Chennai Empoyment based Dates to a spreadsheet and sort the numbers in different categories (E1, E2,..) and call the NVCAVM and check to see when the cases were sent. I mean select the numbers randomly. You'll get a fair idea.

Rashmi
dilbert30 said:
Vj,

Rashmi mentionde in some thread that she tried the ncv avm with some case #s to see when the case was forwarded and when the interview was..

Dilbert

Hi
WHen I call NVC I get the message that my forms were completed on July 20th.
I called them up today still I get the same message.
My question is if my case has been transferred to chennai will the Automatic voice service tell me that my case has been forwarded ?

yes, the message will change to "your case has been compleetd and forwarded to the US consulate in Chennai on <date>"

My case was completed on 16th july, VJ's on 15th July and both our cases were forwarded on 20th July.

You can look at cptracker to see the dates and get an idea. People say it takes a week after completion to forward, but as you might have come to know thro the entire process - each case is different. you might want to check again in a couple of days - maybe on sat morning (US time)??

Thanks,
Dilbert

krishwork said:
Hi
WHen I call NVC I get the message that my forms were completed on July 20th.
I called them up today still I get the same message.
My question is if my case has been transferred to chennai will the Automatic voice service tell me that my case has been forwarded ?

Hi Guys
Thanks for the info. I just checked the status and my case has been forwarded to the chennai consulate on Jul 29th.

I am expecting my interview sometime in Oct. Let me know if any of you guys who's case been sent to India got their interview dates, I have to plan a lot because I have to go to India, get married and then go to the interview.

Thanks

likely interview

Here are my details:
EB2/RIR
NVC case forwarded to consulate in chennai - July 20, 04
Recd response from consulate saying my interview will likely be in oct/ nov
Hopefully its oct and its not rainy season in Chennai by then.

Dilbert

Last edited by a moderator:
Packet 4

I'm new to this portal, expecting my interview sep/oct in chennai, i've seen postings that packet 4 can be downloaded from the net, can anyone give me the link to packet 4.

Thanks in advance.
u can see my dates in cptracker id Go_Eagles.

The main forms are DS2001 part 2 and the I134 (Affidavit of support), others are just information papers.

Chennai Dates for Sep ?

Does any one know Sep Dates are out for Chennai ?,i saw Bombay dates are out in other forums for sep.Ofcourse not yet posted on the website, few people enquired about their interview dates and they came to know they got the date in sep.Did any one tried to reach chennai consulate ?Pls post if you have sep dates @ chennai.
;)

Do you have any response from Chennai aying your interview would be in Sept/OCt? If so, you might want to give them a call or send them an email and ask them for the date..
Dilbert

wdcpost said:
Does any one know Sep Dates are out for Chennai ?,i saw Bombay dates are out in other forums for sep.Ofcourse not yet posted on the website, few people enquired about their interview dates and they came to know they got the date in sep.Did any one tried to reach chennai consulate ?Pls post if you have sep dates @ chennai.
;)

dilbert30 said:
Do you have any response from Chennai aying your interview would be in Sept/OCt? If so, you might want to give them a call or send them an email and ask them for the date..
Dilbert
Yes ,when i called last week they said possible the interview will be in Sep/Oct i will try to call this week .

:)

wdcpost said:
Yes ,when i called last week they said possible the interview will be in Sep/Oct i will try to call this week .

do u know when is ur case sent to Chennai consulate from NVC

Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
do u know when is ur case sent to Chennai consulate from NVC

Thanks
VJ
Yes NVC notified Chennai middle of May and case has been created in chennai first week of June.

dilbert30 said:
How come you did not get an Aug interview??
Yes Chennai notified me Directly to my USA address which took more than 31/2 weeks to get the post .I requested them to contact loacl address and mentioned that i got u r notification at the end of June etc...and aslo they said most of the cases got assigned in Aug are for the cases created in May not sure what pattern they follow ,looks like approx it takes 2 months to get the interview scheduled once the case has been created not sure ....

wdcpost said:
aslo they said most of the cases got assigned in Aug are for the cases created in May not sure what pattern they follow ,looks like approx it takes 2 months to get the interview scheduled once the case has been created not sure ....

This may not be totally relevant, but my wife is going through Chennai for CR-1 visa. She sent her packet 3 to consulate June 3. They had initially indicated possible Sept interview. I called them last week and they said Oct interview.

Just a piece of info, not sure if it is relevant for employment based interview.

Sundar

Sundar_vaidya said:
This may not be totally relevant, but my wife is going through Chennai for CR-1 visa. She sent her packet 3 to consulate June 3. They had initially indicated possible Sept interview. I called them last week and they said Oct interview.

Just a piece of info, not sure if it is relevant for employment based interview.

Sundar
Hmm i am not sure but i am assuming irespective of the case type, once the case has been created it will take approx to 2 months or more to get the interview date .Did they confirm the oct interview? :confused:

Check out cptracker.com. there is one person whos case was forwarded on 5/20 and he has interview on 8/23.

Atleast for employment based, it is believed by folks on this forum, if your case reaches the consulate before the 20th of a given month (n), you should get your interview in the N+1 st month. For me, my case was forwarded by NVC on 7/20. Lets assume it reached the consulate in a week's time after juyl 20th (its before 20th of aug). The consulate indicated my interview will be in oct/ nov.

So, maybe you should have got a aug interview. Did you go thro the list just to make sure?? :). Just kidding...

whats the notfication you got by post directly?? My lawyers recd something called a transmittal notice from the NVC a week after my case was forwarded.

Thanks,
Dilbert

wdcpost said:
Hmm i am not sure but i am assuming irespective of the case type, once the case has been created it will take approx to 2 months or more to get the interview date .Did they confirm the oct interview? :confused:

I sent a mail to the Consulate and got the message that my interview will be in Oct/Nov.
WHen do they decide on the exact date ?