Likely CP Interviews in Sep / Oct Chennai

Wait for the NVCAVM message to get updated to "..case has been forwarded to the consulate". Then again wait for a week before you write to the consulate. So, that should be 2 weeks from now.

Rashmi

VJ2002 said:
Thanks fo rthe reply.
when is best time to send an email to consulate chennai regarding whether they received my case or not.

Thanks
VJ

rashmi_rau said:
Wait for the NVCAVM message to get updated to "..case has been forwarded to the consulate". Then again wait for a week before you write to the consulate. So, that should be 2 weeks from now.

Rashmi

Thanks for ur reply.
i saw the chennai consulate site is not yet published August interview dates.where as u got it ur interview date through email.last month when i saw it waws updaetd on 14th of the month for july dates....

normally which date they publish dates on internet.?????

Thanks
VJ :)

I was expecting them to publish the dates on Monday Aug. 12, 2004. Or atleast by the 15th. They haven't. Most probably by next Monday. Mumbai dates are out. But the consulate (if contacted) will always let you know the dates.

Rashmi

VJ2002 said:
Thanks for ur reply.
i saw the chennai consulate site is not yet published August interview dates.where as u got it ur interview date through email.last month when i saw it waws updaetd on 14th of the month for july dates....

normally which date they publish dates on internet.?????

Thanks

hi,
Whats up at your end? What stage are you at?
Dilbert

krishwork said:
Hi
I am just starting a thread for all the folks who are expecting their Interviews to be held in chennai during Sep / Oct 2004.

Feel free to send in your thoughts and any information you can share with this community

Thanks

Hi guys
Thanks for all the information.
THE NVC has rec'd my forms as of July 14th and in the process of reviewing

The Automatic message says it may take 6 to 8 weeks.
when is the best time to call them again and check

so based on this , can we approximate my date of interview ?

I would appreciate if someone who is going to the consulate at the same time
probably we could touch base

Thanks
Krishna

Krish,

I would think (going by cptracker.com) it should be a week from July 14th that your avm will say something like "your case was completed on -----". People say that a week from completion, the case should be transfered to the consulate. you can see where folks are at cptracker.com

As far as the interview goes, the theory widely believed is:

If a case reaches the consulate before the 20th of a given month (month "n"), you can expect your interview in the n+2nd month. It is also believed that employment based cases get an interview date in the 2nd half of a month. However in June and July 04, we observed that many folks (well, cant say what % since we do not know everyone's dates and the #of people getting interview in that month) got interviews all thro the month - first week to last week. Additionally, I observed that it was the EB3 cases that got the benefit of having interviews all thro the month and not EB2 or EB1. (Note- Eb2 and EB1 cases are very few compared to the EB3 cases - you can easily see this in the chennai consulate website). So, I feel its kinda hard to predict if you are a EB3 case while more predictable if you are a EB2 case.

So, i think until you get the interview date, you really cant be sure..

Hope this helps,
thanks,
Dilbert

krishwork said:
Hi guys
Thanks for all the information.
THE NVC has rec'd my forms as of July 14th and in the process of reviewing

The Automatic message says it may take 6 to 8 weeks.
when is the best time to call them again and check

so based on this , can we approximate my date of interview ?

I would appreciate if someone who is going to the consulate at the same time
probably we could touch base

Thanks
Krishna

Miscellaneous suggestions requested

Hi guys,

I am posting this message since I feel it can be important. I would like to collect some comments from other experienced CP candidates with regard to the type of folders, bags, pens, useful stationery etc that will be most suitable for the interview:

Folders - people clearly mention that closed folders are not allowed. What are the types allowed/ convenient? ANy tips on where we can get it? I know clear folders (box type, no dividers, but an elastic on the outside is available -its closed but we can see the contents in the file - its more like a document wallet)

any other type of Files -???

Bags - plastic bags - are these ok or should it be specifically clear?

I got a messenger bag to carry my documents and it is very useful (i highly recommend it) but am sure wont be allowed inside the consulate.

Pens - people say use felt pens - any specific brand that is good or useful??

Anything else we should keep in mind - It might be a hassle to get stationery of our choice and constraints if we have to run around before the interview.

Are binder clips allowed to hold the documents???

Also, can people give us tips on dress code for men and women?

Any other thoughts and suggestions - please feel free to give us.

Thanks,
Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
Hi guys,

I am posting this message since I feel it can be important. I would like to collect some comments from other experienced CP candidates with regard to the type of folders, bags, pens, useful stationery etc that will be most suitable for the interview:

{I will be giving information about the types of material that I used. I did
not have a single problem}

Folders - people clearly mention that closed folders are not allowed. What are the types allowed/ convenient? ANy tips on where we can get it? I know clear folders (box type, no dividers, but an elastic on the outside is available -its closed but we can see the contents in the file - its more like a document wallet)

{I bought clear plastic (with light color tint -green, pink and so on)
pouches that have flaps and they close with 'velcro' strip. These are
available in any stores like Longs Drugs, CVS, Staples, WalMart etc.
They cost about $ 2 or 3 each.

For each of the pouches I have pasted a self adhesive lable and
listed the documents contained in the pouch.

I have enclosed a sketch of this item for reference. These were very
useful, particularly while you prepare and compile all your documents. }

any other type of Files -???

{At the actual time of interview the above pouches will only contain
documents that are there as secondary evidence. The actual
originals and copies will go into seperate sets for each individual and
these I placed in paper file folders that have pockets }

Bags - plastic bags - are these ok or should it be specifically clear?

{ I carried all the above in a big clear plastic bag. I think I got mine
from KBToys. I cut off a large portion of the top }

I got a messenger bag to carry my documents and it is very useful (i highly recommend it) but am sure wont be allowed inside the consulate.

Pens - people say use felt pens - any specific brand that is good or useful??

{Nothing particular. As you need to sign on your photographs also, try
out one that writes well on photos and does not smudge. }

Anything else we should keep in mind - It might be a hassle to get stationery of our choice and constraints if we have to run around before the interview.

Are binder clips allowed to hold the documents???

Also, can people give us tips on dress code for men and women?

{Business casuals}

Any other thoughts and suggestions - please feel free to give us.

Thanks,
Dilbert

{my responses}

Raju

Raju has answered most of the Qs. I had followed his and other members experience and opted for similar folders.

Don't go for the messengar bag. Have a main transperent multi-compartment folder (abt $6-7) to put the folders Raju has picturized.

Dress - The only time I've gone to US consulate in business casuals was the first F1 I applied for 10 yrs. back. (That got rejected). Since then 5 trips to the consulate (including CP) have always been in Jeans and T-Shirt. :D After that follow your own judgment.

Thanks for your inputs, guys

Can anyone tell me if there are Air India flights fom the US that go

1) via the pacific

2) non stop via atlantic or stop in some place where transit visa is not needed.

Thanks,
Dilbert

Yes, Air India flies from Los Angeles to Singapore and there on. Check-out the schedules at airindia.com

Rashmi

dilbert30 said:
Thanks for your inputs, guys

Can anyone tell me if there are Air India flights fom the US that go

1) via the pacific

2) non stop via atlantic or stop in some place where transit visa is not needed.

Thanks,
Dilbert

hi,
My case has forwarded to Chennai consulate on July 20th.when can i expect interview...
Thanks

All flights over the pacific are code shared flights for AI. AI's flight to LA is via Frankfurt.

In my opinon, the chances of consolidater giving AI over pacific is less.

My Case was completed as of 7/20/2004. I am just waiting for NVC to send my case to Chennai Consulate.

Thanks

Just like VJ, my case was forwarded to the chennai consulate on July 20th. I am planning to send the consulate an email after a couple of weeks or so.
When is the earliest someone can know their interview date?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Has anyone in this thread got a September appointment date? I heard from the Consulate last week that my appointment is likely in September/October. Wondering if it is OK for me to ping the Consulate within a weeks time?

On a related note, when did the people with early August appointments find out from the Consulate? I was thinking that the Consulate might information about early September dates since the August dates have been published. Any thoughts...

when to expect interview

Hi,

My case is EB2 and was transfered to chenna on 20th july. Is a sept interview likely or would it be more likely in Oct only?

Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks,
Dilbert

itnerview experience

Hi guys,

I find most of the ppl on this forum to be folks who are married. Hows the CP interview experience for singles, esp women.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dilbert

Most likely your interview will be in September. But not in the first half! ;)

dilbert30 said:
Hi,

My case is EB2 and was transfered to chenna on 20th july. Is a sept interview likely or would it be more likely in Oct only?

Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks,
Dilbert

rashmi_rau said:
Most likely your interview will be in September. But not in the first half! ;)

hi rashmi,

My case also forwarded to Chennai consulate on 20Th July(EB3).
Can i expect interview in the month of September...
Thanks
VJ