Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

yes

I can use EAD at this point until I get 140 approved, then I can file for 824 and immediately try for AC140. Is this correct?

YES. just think of the AC140 as a parallel activity, BUT start it just after you get a fresh EAD/AP - since who knows what BCIS will do if you apply for a renewal after filing 824. if you already have EAD/AP you have a year in which to QUIETLY process AC140 - plenty of time

I looked at 824 timing and they are working on Oct'2002 case, so I should be able to finish whole CP process before they even touch my 824

YES. But note the caveat above. Also, keep in mind that if your lawyer screws up and withdraws your 485/EAD/AP in a fit of honesty, then you're screwed. so give explicit instructions to them NOT to touch your 485/AP/EAD while AC140 is in progress.

FYI...applied for new SSN card (without the restriction legend) on 12/1/03 and received it on 12/8/03.

GOOD NEWS!

All:

Last evening (12/11) I received both:

1. The 2 welcome letters for my both of us (wife and I) which stated the src number and that we will receive GC within 3 weeks.

2. Also received 2 envelopes from Texas service center with the physical GC for both of us.

Surprisingly both welcome letters and GC cam eon the same day and within 12 days on entry in usa! Talk about efficiency!

And to top it all, by mistake i also received GC approval welcome letter for someone else from my neigbourhood that was included in my welcome packet! So i plan to drop it off at his place this weekend!

you bet astra! Went really well for me, the entire process from LC application to receiving physical GC was peaceful (touchwood!!!).
No delays, no RFE's, what more could i ask for!

BTW..the bbay interview jan dates have been published if you want to re-confirm your dates! all the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite fancy! And guess what today we got our 2nd set of welcome letters stating that we will GC in about 3 more weeks!

And we got a 3rd set of welcome letters despite the fact that we have already received the physical green cards!:confused:

Would'nt mind having 3 sets of physical green cards!!!:)

just wanted to find out if all in this thread got their new ssn cards and the all awaited physical green cards? ALL THE BEST GUYS! LETS KEEP IN TOUCH!

Hi KD,
Do all the applicants get new SSN number? Or its only for the dependents?
My wife was on an H4 and hence didnt have an SSN, but now after getting the GC, she will get one. But since I already have an SSN, am i gonna get a new one?

Also are we supposed to apply for the SSN at the Social Security office or it comes in directly?

Feels good to have finished this quest. Thanks to all of you for keeping this forum alive and kicking. :)

Do all the applicants get new SSN number? Or its only for the dependents?
My wife was on an H4 and hence didnt have an SSN, but now after getting the GC, she will get one. But since I already have an SSN, am i gonna get a new one?
Answer: Your wife will need to apply for a NEW social security number. You will have to apply for NEW social security CARD (not number). Your number will remain same but the restriction legend on your current ssn card will come off on the new card. Both of you need to carry your passport which has the 551 stamp and be at the ssa office in person.

Also are we supposed to apply for the SSN at the Social Security office or it comes in directly?
Answer: Nothing happens automatically. Both of you can go to local ssa office with passport which has 551 stamp. Use 1 form per person. you will check lawful perm resident check box and your wife will check new and legal perm resident! SSA Officers are good enough to help you out!

Enjoy life!

Multiple cards received

Hi KD

Looks like you received multiple cards. Pls send the xtra ones to me;-)

Thanks

PS I am kidding !! Happy new year to e'one

pmt:

It was multiple WELCOME LETTERS; not multiple cards! If it were multiple cards, I sure would have sent you one!:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO! May 2004 have answers (gc approval) to all your immigration questions!

Originally posted by kd1403
Notarized employment letter: I will ask for the letter when the October list is published on / after 16th september. I have made my HR aware of this requirement and all that they have to do is print, sign and notarize it and then give it to me. SO that should not be a problem. I will be carrying two such letters to include in my cp papers and my wife's cp papers for the interview.

I-134: While filing P3, my attorneys had me fill out I-134 for my wife and get it notarized. So that is taken care off.

can you tell me how to fill I-134 item 10. which asks if the petition has been filed for the family members and list them if yes?

harapatra:

If you have executed I-134 for any other family members state their full name, relationship and date executed.

In my case i had executed for my in-laws in march 02 and they left usa in aug 02. So on one line of Line 10, i wrote the following:
f-i-l's name, f-i-l, march 02 (left usa aug 02)
m-i-l's name, m-i-l, march 02 (left usa aug 02)

No need to enter spouses name if spouse on h-4!!!

thanks KD!

I am filling it for CP and I have my wife and 2 kids. I have 2 further clarifications:

1. do we fill I-134 for each of them?
2. are you saying I don;t have ot list my wife and kids since they are on H4?

thanks
--harapatra

harapatra:

1. do we fill I-134 for each of them?
answer: Yes. One I-134 per each cp derivative candidate even if spouse / other derivative candidate is working on H-1B.

2. are you saying I don;t have ot list my wife and kids since they are on H4?
Answer: You will have to fill their details in question 3 & 8 of I-134 but not in question 10 of I-134. Remember one I-134 per candidate. (say ...1 for your wife and if you have 2 kids ..then one i-134 for each of the 2 kids = 3 'I-134' as per this example)