Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Thanks for the valuable informantion.
I am waiting for Packet 4 / Interview in Feburary 04 to attend Chennai Consulate.

1. Can you please tell me what is ment by "PCC" in you check list 7 ? ( do you mean Police clearence certificate)

" If you have stayed only in India and US Email Mumbai Consulate as to whether you need a PCC from India. Almost always they would reply that you wouldn't need one and the one issued from Indian Consulate is enough. Take a PRINTOUT of that email."

I again appreciate your very valuable information. - Venkat , DC ( 703 868 8025)

1. Can you please tell me what is ment by "PCC" in you check list 7 ? ( do you mean Police clearence certificate)

Yes, PCC means Police Clearance Certificate. If you are doing CP from US, then you can obtain it from one of Indian Consulate offices(embassies) in US. If you are doing it from India, then you need to obtain 2 PCCs - One from the regional passport office (which issued your passport) and second one from police department (local police station or SP/Commissioner office).

BTW, When was your case forwarded to chennai consulate?

Originally posted by cpzinga

Yes, PCC means Police Clearance Certificate. If you are doing CP from US, then you can obtain it from one of Indian Consulate offices(embassies) in US. If you are doing it from India, then you need to obtain 2 PCCs - One from the regional passport office (which issued your passport) and second one from police department (local police station or SP/Commissioner office).

BTW, When was your case forwarded to chennai consulate?

My wife has to obtain PCC from India. She already have PCC from Circle Inspector (local Police station) confirming with her address and no crimes on her. Would it be okay to bring this document.

How to request Passport office to get PCC certificate. ?
However, she received her Passport last year, is that enough to eliminate Passport office request?

She mailed her documents on December 15, may be we are expecting apointment in Feburary 04.

Passport office issues PCC within one day. Fill the Miscellaneous form and submit in the passport office. It requires 4 photographs, Rs. 300 and full passport photocopy to submit. She will get the PCC with in a day.
If your passport was issued after 1997, regional passport office will issue PCC in 1 day as they did computerization after that and have the data. If the passport was issued before 1997, it will take anything from 10 to 30 days.

When did she get her passport? Was it within 6 months from now? in that case, i don't think she needs a PCC from regional passport office.

venkata:

I concur with cpzinga. And I would like to emphasize on the timeline for pcc whether from an indian consulate in usa or from india, do not waste anymore time since you & your wife are expecting cp interview in feb 04 and pcc's generally take about a month as cpzinga wrote. PCC is a required document for the cp interview so you have to have it...there are no alternatives!

Cpzinga,
As you mentioned, my wife never visited USA, can I still able to go to Indian Conslate in USA to obtain for her PCC. ? Or do she needs to go to Indian Passport office?

She received her passport in Aug 2002.

Propable I can get with in a day if this is in USA.
(OR)
She has to travel from Rajhmundry (her local town) to Hyderabad Passport office (where her passport was issued) and apply though Miscellaneous form to obtain for PCC.

II PCC
She already have PCC from Circle Inspector (local police station). Is that enough or Should she need to go to SP level to get PCC ?

Actually, I am expecting an apointment in Feburary 2004 ( sorry, not 04)
However, as Kd1403 suggesstions, I will make sure to be done asap.

As you mentioned, my wife never visited USA, can I still able to go to Indian Conslate in USA to obtain for her PCC. ? Or do she needs to go to Indian Passport office?

A) If she has never visited USA, then obviously you cannot get her PCC in USA. She must obtain it from Indian RPO (Regional Passport Office). Indian Consulates serve for Indians residing in USA.
- -- -
She received her passport in Aug 2002.

Propable I can get with in a day if this is in USA.

A) She has to get it from Indian passport office. And she can get it in one day.
- - -
She has to travel from Rajhmundry (her local town) to Hyderabad Passport office (where her passport was issued) and apply though Miscellaneous form to obtain for PCC.

A) If she is in india, i think it should not be a problem. However, you can also try in Vizag. I think she can get it there too.
- - -
II PCC
She already have PCC from Circle Inspector (local police station). Is that enough or Should she need to go to SP level to get PCC ?

A) Thats enough. But make sure that it has similar wordings like we have in PCC issued by RPO. (That this person has no adverse information...... blah blah...)
- - -
You need to be ready since it is only one month and you have to make arrangements like travel etc...

Hi Divekar,

Do you have the copy of the e-mail from the consulate which says that you don;t require the local police clearance? I will really appreciate if you can send it to me at krakesh@hotmail.com. The consulate web-site info is bit vague on the topic. It will really help me a lot.

thanks in advance
--harapatra

Hi Divekar,

Do you have the copy of the e-mail from the consulate which says that you don;t require the local police clearance? I will really appreciate if you can send it to me at krakesh@hotmail.com. The consulate web-site info is bit vague on the topic. It will really help me a lot.

thanks in advance
--harapatra

harapatra:

I had sent the consulate an email about pcc but did not get any response. So i carried 1 pcc from the indian consulate in usa. That is all that was required if you stay in usa. If you stay in india currently then you need 2: one from local police (commissioner's office) and one from the regional passport office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Things to remember for permanent residents

My wife received appointment on Feb 25th. She also recived PCC from passport and PCC from local CI police station with the same format.

Question in Birth Certificate:
-----------------------------------

In her appointment letter, they requested all list of documents. I've a question in which they mentioned
" Birth certificate OR statement of non availability of birth records and affidavit of birth"

She is having Affidavit of Birth and she does not have Birth certificate.

What is "Availability of birth records"???

regards- Venkat ( venkat_gr@yahoo.com)

If your wife doesn't have a birth certificate from local authorities (like municipality office/panchayat/mro office etc) - then she needs to have the following 2:

1. a Non availability certificate from the above mentioned office which mentions that they don't have your wife's date of birth record. If her place of birth is a town, then the muncipal office (birth/death registration section) gives it. They give it in a day or two.

2. Affidavits from her parents (or close relatives). Search this forum for birth affidavits. you will get many.
- -You can go through the following text for detailed descriotion- -

Record of Birth:

(a) obtain birth certificate from local municipal or village authorities (gram panchayat or mamlatdar) showing (i) your name (ii) the names of both parents (iii) your date of birth and (iv) your place of birth. If any of these details is missing in your birth certificate, or if there is any discrepancy in it regarding your date of birth or name, you must present, in addition to your birth certificate, a birth affidavit described in (c) below.

(b) if your birth was not recorded, you must obtain a letter of non-availability or birth records from the local municipal or village authorities. Together with this you must submit to us your School Leaving/Matriculation/Baptismal certificate. You will also have to submit a birth affidavit as described in (c) below.

(c) A birth affidavit on Rs. 5/- stamp paper must be sworn before a First Class Magistrate by either of your parents giving the names of both parents, child's name, place of birth and date of birth. If both parents are deceased or physically incapable, an elderly close relative who has known you personally, and preferably who was present at the time of your birth may execute the affidavit.

venkat:

I concur with cpzinga and would like to emphasize on the fact that you HAVE TO HAVE the non-availability certificate (NAC) in absence of a birth certificate (BC). NAC is mandatory along with affidavits of birth when a BC is not available!

Thank you so much Cpzinga and kd1403.

Today my wife will go to local 'Municipal office' to obtain her Birth Certificate.

( kd1403 )
Based on your list of documents 17th
"17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any (Required)"

In my wife's consular process, do she need my H1 documents. ?
These documents are not in the list of requested items from consulate mail.

However, I will try to bring all documents but there are so much paper work.

"17. All current and previous H1 (Work visa) papers, if any (Required)"

Venkata, these are Just in Case documents. I think previous H1 papers are compulsary for those whose visa has expired on passport etc.

You don't have to worry much about it. You can have it in another folder (just in case docs) and carry with you.

Do you have W-2 forms, tax returns etc? If not get them...

Once again thanks Zinga.

Yes, I collected all tax transcripts though 1800# and also taking a copy of w-2 forms.

Coming back to previous topic of Birth certificate, as you mentioned my wife went to Municipal office and she is getting birth certificate but with out her name on it.
However, she is also having Birth Affidavits on stamp papers.

Are these both Birth documents enough?
(ie, BC with out name and Birth Affidavits)

Regards-Venkat.

venkata:

I think using birth certificate without child's name plus affidavits with complete information as mentioned below which forms part of a BC may work!!

But just out of curiosity anyway if your wife made the efforts to get a new BC, she should have asked the authorities to include her name as the child. Free advice...if your wife gets the BC with complete information i.e parents full and complete name, child's first name, date of birth and place of birth; it would help in any future immigration or other matters else she will alwys have to use a combination of incomplete BC plus affidavits!

Last edited by a moderator: