Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Originally posted by kd1403
venkata:

I think using birth certificate without child's name plus affidavits with complete information as mentioned below which forms part of a BC!

But just out of curiosity anyway if your wife made the efforts to get a new BC, she should have asked the authorities to include her name as the child. Free advice...if your wife gets the BC with complete information i.e parents full and complete name, child's first name, date of birth and place of birth; it would help in any future immigration or other matters else she will alwys have to use a combination of incomplete BC plus affidavits!

CP Zinga,
She tried her level best to request to include her name in BC but as per authorities this is not legal since her
DOB is in year 1982.

( there is no sence of doing like this, what will happened to child's BC if parents got twins
However recently they introduced to include childs name but DOB should be after certain effective dated. )

Finally I am going with this approch, BC with out name and Affidavits?

venkata:

Ok. BC w/out child's name plus Affidavits w/ complete birth information will be good enough for the cp interview!

Yes Venkata.

If possible get the certificate as kd has mentioned.

My wife's certificate didn't have her name on it. Later she had taken it with her name included (her parents' names were there on both certificates).

I think they will give it without any problem..

- - - -

However, if she has birth affidavits, there is no problem even if the BC doesn't have your wife's name... Affidavits must include her full name, parent's name, date of birth, place of birth etc. Follow sample affidavits on this forum..

Thanks CPZinga and Kd1403,today she received her BC ( w/o name ) and I already have Affidavits on registered stamp papers signed by her parents.

Do you know any good photo Studios for immegration purpose in Chennai. For worst case scinario, is that better to take photos from atleast 3 different studios?

(sorry another question)
Since the dollar rate is fluctuating, how can she convert based on $335 in equivalent to Indian rupees?
i.e , They already mentioned a phone # 2811-2060 to know the exchange rate but my question is how many days before she can get Demand draft in Rupees.
(What will happen if the exchange rate changes at the day of appointment.)?

venkata:

As far as the fees are concerned you can check this new delhi consulate web site:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhivvfe.html

Dont worry about exchange rate fluctuation since it does not fluctuate so often as you would think. Also if you want you can pay in cash / get a dollar draft.

As far as photos you can get at KONICA labs opp. the Chola Sheraton Hotel OR from Foto India. There is no need to get from 3 different places!

Last edited by a moderator:
worst case scenario.

Somebody mentioned that there's a photographer in the Chennai consualte also. (I know there's one in Mumbai).

Originally posted by alren
worst case scenario.

Somebody mentioned that there's a photographer in the Chennai consualte also. (I know there's one in Mumbai).

Sure! Thank you alren
Venkat.

Hi,

Following are my details:

Labor applied on March18,2003,approved on July4,2003.
I140 approved on Feb20,2004 - NSC.
opted for CP-Chennai,while applying for I140.
POE:Chicago

I have a few questions.

What is priority date and how will I know mine?

When am I likely to get my interview at chennai?

what are the next steps after I140 approval and what will be the duration for each step in the process?

What documents do I have to collect and from where?

The more detail would be of greater help to me.

Thanks
EZDude

EZDude:

Answers to all your questions are on this site. It appears that you have not spent a minute on researching to find answers to your questions. Would appreciate if you research a bit and then if you have specific questions then there are many of us who would be happy to help:

What is priority date and how will I know mine?
Answer: Has no relevance to CP.

==============================================
When am I likely to get my interview at chennai?
Answer: In about 6-8 months from I-140 approval.

what are the next steps after I140 approval and what will be the duration for each step in the process?
Answer: Check http://www.cptracker.com

What documents do I have to collect and from where?
Answer: CP PRocess details and requirements: http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/

Documents required for cp interview:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

EZDude take it easy with the information explosion around the consular process!

Thank you very much KD.Such a prompt reply from you.

Infact I started researching the info in the links here.......to be honest with you I didn't know where to start from.
As u mentioned it really is information explosion........and am even trying to understand the terminology being used here.

Thanks for the info links...........hope I'll be on the track soon............

EZDude:)

ezdude:

I do understand how prospective cp folks feel seeing so much information, I was in your boat just under a year back!

If I were you I would first read the immihelp.com site and then cptracker.com site that I have listed in my postings above as between then two, they will answer most of your questions around process and documents required.

Thanks KD1403 and Alren.........

I started going thru these sites.............

Thanks for putting me in the right direction...............

To KD1403,Alren and Seniors........

Currently this is my situation,please help.

My I-140 is approved on Feb20,2004(opted for CP in I-140 application).

Am hoping that my interview date will be in July or Aug,2004 at Chennai consulate.

My H1B is expiring on May18,2004.Our Company applied for H1B extension on Feb16,2004 from Vermount service center.Looks like it is taking about 4 to 6 months to get H1B approval.After this I need to send for visa stamping (which takes about another 3 months I suppose) as am going for CP at chennai.Looking at this situation what would you guys suggest?Should I go for premium processing?

Thanks
EZDude

ezdude:

To be realistic this is too early to predict the exact month of your cp interview. If I were to guestimate it would be august 04.

Yes, it is taking abouyt 6 months for h-1b extension approval. You should be fine in both these senarios:
1. You have h-1b extension application receipt, no approval until cp interview date

2. You have h-1b extension approval document but no visa stamped in the passport

There is no need to get the visa extension stamped in the passport. I was in your situation. I carried the extension document and did to get the visa stamped in the passport.

There is no need to premium processing unless you/ your employer had extra money to shell out!

Hi, KD1403

Thank you very much for the info........

Since my visa would expire on May18,2004 and also my I-94,don't you think this would be a problem while travelling out and in to US.

Ezdude

ezdude:

If you plan to do international travel only when you for your cp interview then you should be fine but yes if you do frequent international travel then you will need to get it stamped which you can do from canada rather that getting ti revalidted since it takes about 2-3 months!

If you are planning to travel international only when you go for your cp interview then you dont need to get it stamped/ revalidated....h-1b receipt in pending case or h-1b approval should be good enough!

Adminstrative Processing question

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for the question. If not please direct me to the right one.

My parents went for an immigrant visa interview at the New Delhi consulate. My mother's visa was approved while my father's was held up due to administrative processing. It has been six weeks since his interview. Any idea how long does this administrative processing take? I believe, it is connected with security checks if you have a common name. Is this true?

The consulate has not been very responsive. The only email I got from them said that it is still under administrative processing and can take up some time.

Thanks.

RS