Likely CP Candidates for October 2003 @Mumbai Consulate - To Do List

Once more a Q on PCC

Once more a Q on PCC
To all the Guru's:

We are in Mumbai for the past two years.

Our Q is:

1. Where do we go for the local PCC, which police station do we go to? ( We live at malbarhill, walkeshwar area) ??

2. If the inspector asks us what format/what does he need to give us in writing what do we say/give him??

3. Any previous experiences welcome.

Awaiting help from all the Guru's.

hi
I can give you my sister experience. she applied for a PCC for a K3 visa.
You have to go to your local police station who will refer you to the CID branch. Now at the CID branch she had to bribe the guy Rs 2000 to get it in a week. The guy at CID is very familar with the format and it is better if you speak in marathi with him
thanks

Hi ddagsyn,
There is no change in our status online. It just says application approved for all of us- which it had been showing for last couple of days. We still have not received our daughter's GC, so I keep checking the status.

hi
My status just changed from

FROM

On November 13, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready

TO

This case has been approved. On November 18, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Does the above mean they have mailed the GC card? I just hope it is not another welcome letter.

thanks

ddagsyn, rohufish, su_gupta:

you guys have shared excellent information on what happens after POE~! When I get back to usa next weekend it will be a big help! And also rohufish i will probably get in touch with you to understand what the next steps are since we got our GC approval same day from bbay and you entered 3 weeks back.

take care!

ignore policy

i am adopting a policy of not running any more status checks unless we run into a problem.

i think its time to move on from this insecurity. the cards will arrive in due course. until then we have stamps in the ppt.

wish me strength and patience to stick with this resolution....

;-)

rohufish:

i totally agree with you on the fact that for 1 year after POE stamping (551 stamping) in passport IGNORANCE IS THE BEST POLICY...

My heartiest wishes are with you!

Got Plastic Cards in the mail today. Very impressed looks nice

POE - Nov 2nd 2003
CO- Nov 13th 2003
CR- Nov 21th 2003

Started my GC

PD- Mar 15th 2001
Labor certified in Texas - Sept 15th 2002
I -140 Approved - May 7th 2003
CP interview - Oct 28th 2003

My journey has come to an end. I promised myself that i would not be surfing this site after i got my GC but i seem to be coming back to it even more.
Anyway Goodluck to all

got cards today

they're not pink, they're kind of greenish i suppose

PoE on 11/2
Cards recd on 11/21

quite fancy looking with many new fangled security features. the only thing missing is they don't have a 5-dimensional hologram of my private parts for easy identification.

well, life goes on....new day, new goals, new challenges....

to all you 485'ers out there, get a clue, go do AC140 if you can.

krish, good luck on the trip back. call me when you're in NYC.

final thoughts

to all you folks without faith or hope still stuck....take some heart

i survived the following:

my HR rep didn't cross check and had my 140 sent to the wrong service center. it came back from VSC and was sent to CSC finally.

then my lawyer sent a duplicate 140 and my 485 to the wrong service center AGAIN - mother of God how stupid can one be.

my incorrectly filed 140 and 485 was withdrawn from NSC. and the 485 filed properly at CSC.

my HR rep lost my original 485 receipts - my only evidence of when my 6-month portability clock started ticking. convenient, you little manipulative platypus parasite.

my lawyer wrote the wrong job location on my 140 at CSC - IL when my labor was approved for CA. grandmother of God how %#$%#$ can one be. i only find out about this 3 weeks before my CP interview, once I finally got a copy of the 140 form.

my 140 took 8 mos from 07/02 to 03/03. others got it in 4-5 mos.

the mumbai consulate took 5 months to schedule my interview. i sent AC140 in mid-May, and should have had date in July. got it for end-October. security clearance delays.

in spite of all this:

substitute labor 140 filed 06/15/2002 (in error at VSC)
GC in hand 11/21/2003
17 elapsed months
boy - i feel lucky. thank you mother and grandmother of God.
THANK YOU

had i gone error free, hitch-less:
sublabor 140 filed 06/15/02
140 approved in 6 mos 01/2003
AC140 filed 02/2003
CP interview 04/2003
GC in hand 05/2003
11 months elapsed time
but thank you, i'll gladly accept the 6 mos delay - others will kill for 17 mos, so i am still fortunate.

FOLKS - lesson:

YOU learn as much as YOU can about this process, and MANAGE your HR and lawyer, while not screwing up relationships. YOU check for errors, find shortcuts for YOURSELF. this is YOUR life, YOUR responsibility. DO NOT blindly follow instructions and do not get demoralized by HR reps and lawyers who make you feel like you are wasting their time, who ignore your requests, who mislead you.

Hang in there, and learn about what affects your life, so you can do something about it.

Keep this forum alive. Keep sharing.

OK, time to move on....good luck to you all!

Any website to check status at NVC

To all the everhelping GURU's:

Q: Is there a website by which one can check whether NVC has received the I-140 approval from BCIS for further processing ??
(As we are presently in India and phoning them is next to impossible - always busy ...)

Thanx for your time

Re: Any website to check status at NVC

Originally posted by GC_Mangta
To all the everhelping GURU's:

Q: Is there a website by which one can check whether NVC has received the I-140 approval from BCIS for further processing ??
(As we are presently in India and phoning them is next to impossible - always busy ...)

Thanx for your time

If my memory serves me right, the NVC has no facility for
on line tracking of cases. They only operate through the
automated telephone line which is 24/7.

One possible way for you, is to give the case number to
someone you know and have it tracked here.

Raju

congrats rohufish and ddagsyn on receiving the cards...i am sure this was a quick end to a long process!

Received the plastic card for the daughter today. From the envelope it seems it was mailed the same day as our two(self and wife's) plastic cards, but US postal service took 12 days for this card to reach us. So finally, we have received all our cards.
But still waiting to hear from Social Security Administration- no new SS cards as yet.
Kdivekar, nice to hear from you. Hope everything went fine at POE.

Kdivekar, I am applying for I-140. I was looking at the tracker report for Nebraska. It looks like those who show intent of CP, take long to get I-140 approval while those willing to do 485 get cleared sooner. Do you know anything.

srajuco:

I agree with ddagsyn and I am sure everyone else will concur that CP intent or 485 concurrent application does not have whatsoever impact on I-140 processing time.

All:

WE (wife and I) entered USA last evening. No issues whatsoever. Showed our passports along with the GC Approval packet. WE were asked to get our bags from the conveyer belt which took less than 5 minutes. Then within minutes we got the finger printing done and got the 551 stamp in our passports which is valid for 1 year from yesterday. Walked through the customs with no issues.

Although it takes some time to get SSN card...i was recommended that if I carry photocopies of our passport along with 551 stamp then we could get the new SSN card within 2-3 weeks else it takes about 2 months. Also i was told that GC plastic card takes upto 6 months but is averaging 4-6 weeks currently.

For those interested in having kaju katlis, namkeens, indian pickle or have other indian sweets feel free to come over (if you can figure out where I stay).....